robertaccio

2015 Line of Husqvarna DS machines

US Street legal FE enduro models. The release and official intro is happening right now here in SoCal.

You all know the story White KTMs, XC-W engines in XC linkage chassis with Husaberg composite plastic subframes, wrapped in White with Blue and Yellow trim.

And now a line of US 50 state street legal versions. FE350S and FE501S

Lots of pics out there if you google FE 501S. I have been waiting for dealers to get them. My next small bike will be fuel injected and the 501s is on my short list.

I'm going for the three fiddy trail machine. I already have the monster 500 and 450 xc-w

Hhhhmmmnnn...no kickstarter... :eh:...am I that brave? :unsure:

250 lb fuel injected 510 street legal... SWEET! Wonder how long there fuse is going to be.

Hhhhmmmnnn...no kickstarter... :eh:...am I that brave? :unsure:

Just fork over the extra dough to retrofit it. :evil:

like I always say 4 wheelers have not had hand cranks on them since the 20s.....

but then again every one of my e start bikes (dirtbikes) have all been kick equipped, one TC was even retrofitted with a TE kick starter assy (04 the MX Husky TC450 had only Estart).

Moto Forza would like us to have our next club meeting there when they have the bikes in house.

Moto Forza would like us to have our next club meeting there when they have the bikes in house.

Savvy business move for them, but I was turned off by them when I went there twice to look at huskys and was completely ignored both times I went in there even after sitting on bikes and waiting around to be acknowledged. Yes, I went twice, because I thought maybe the first time was a fluke. Same result the second time. I even made eye contact with the dudes hanging around the counter and no one said a word. If I buy a husky it won't be from them. I will take my business where it is wanted even if it means a drive into the OC. 3 bros Ktm and Malcolm smith have both been awesome to work with so far and I haven't even seen the bike yet.

My (not bitter, honest. Lol) $.02.

Savvy business move for them, but I was turned off by them when I went there twice to look at huskys and was completely ignored both times I went in there even after sitting on bikes and waiting around to be acknowledged. Yes, I went twice, because I thought maybe the first time was a fluke. Same result the second time. I even made eye contact with the dudes hanging around the counter and no one said a word. If I buy a husky it won't be from them. I will take my business where it is wanted even if it means a drive into the OC. 3 bros Ktm and Malcolm smith have both been awesome to work with so far and I haven't even seen the bike yet.

Wow. sorry you had two bad experiences with these guys. I have bought three bikes from them, and consider the people there as friends. My observation is that they are pretty laid back most of the time. I have been in other stores where sales personel are trained to be so aggressive, that I am insulted by how much they can ignore clues that I give them in our conversation about what I am looking for.

I wonder how the re-sale value of the new Husky's will be compared to the KTM's. Will the new Husky's now retain a very high resale value just like the KTM's do? Or will they be more like the 08ish-2013 models? I know the resale on my 09TE310 is crap because of how much the new (2011-13) bikes were being discounted. I personally think it's a 5k bike all day, but I'd be willing to bet it would not get more than $3500-4k on craiglist.

I got mine for a steal from the 1st owner. I bought it in early 2012 with 760 miles and not a scratch on it for $4300. Basically half of MSRP after only 3 years. Granted that may have been more of a product of his situation but nonetheless it is consistent with what I have seen on craigslist for similar Husky's etc.

Thoughts?

Hey Blake, is your 09 a different motor than the 11-13? It's based on the 250 right? Also, not to hijack but how is the gearing spread for light dualsport use, say in Anza Borrego & the local dez?

I've seen some 08/09 TE250's that got no love in craigslist which surprised me. Maybe it's a function that smaller bikes depreciate faster? That's an interesting thought, I don't know..

I think the resale value on the new Husqvarnas will greatly depend on their reputation once they come out. Will there be hounds of Husky bible thumpers praising their bikes? Will magazines include Huskys in their shootouts aka the "Big Four" + two Euro brands (ktm/husky)? If the Rockstar Husky MX/SX team does well, it will really help publicize the brand and prove its capability.

Having pro race teams and a famous name should help elevate the new Husky above Hisaberg's very niche market. With how overly popular KTM is lately, some people may opt for them just as a White KTM.

KTM has built quite a reputation and following in the last decade and change. I think they will help bring up the Husqvarna image and distance it from its BMW days.

My thought on resale is that the Company behind the bike is a major influence. Will the company be there in two years; are parts and technicians readily available; how many dealer resources? None of these issues are related to the quality of the bike. It could be the Best in the West, but we need support behind the bike. With the New Husky we now have a New Flavor of KTM and a building support network.

:dirol:

Hey Blake, is your 09 a different motor than the 11-13? It's based on the 250 right? Also, not to hijack but how is the gearing spread for light dualsport use, say in Anza Borrego & the local dez?

I've seen some 08/09 TE250's that got no love in craigslist which surprised me. Maybe it's a function that smaller bikes depreciate faster? That's an interesting thought, I don't know..

I think the resale value on the new Husqvarnas will greatly depend on their reputation once they come out. Will there be hounds of Husky bible thumpers praising their bikes? Will magazines include Huskys in their shootouts aka the "Big Four" + two Euro brands (ktm/husky)? If the Rockstar Husky MX/SX team does well, it will really help publicize the brand and prove its capability.

Having pro race teams and a famous name should help elevate the new Husky above Hisaberg's very niche market. With how overly popular KTM is lately, some people may opt for them just as a White KTM.

KTM has built quite a reputation and following in the last decade and change. I think they will help bring up the Husqvarna image and distance it from its BMW days.

Yes the 310 is just a Athena Big Bore kit on a 250. Yes different motor than 11-13. The 09-10 310 is the pre X-Lite motor. If memory serves me, the TE250 got the X-Lite motor in 2010 but didn't go in the TE310 till 2011.

Gearing is ok, 6 spd. As new it comes with 13T front and two rear, a 40 tooth rear for true dualsport/road and a 50 tooth rear for trail. (I never got the 40t from previous owner, just the 50T) Currently running a 47T in the rear. Winds out a little on highway stretches, i.e. 6600 RPM at 65 or so. Actually planning to try a 14T counter this desert season, just need to order it.

I thought for sure the 2012+ KTM 500 would be my next bike, but maybe it will be the Husky 501S. But I'm at least a year out from being in the market. Bought too many toys lately!!!

Blake the new wht huskys will stay in KTM value....no doubt. I love me some Red Huskys but as is always indicative of a dead line of bikes and a total rebadge of the brand...the latest red huskys fell off the map for pricing due to as you stated the new owners sell off, but also the in the quest to build a customer base they had been selling for lower than average prices in the first place (for a Euro top tier brand).....this of course is all my opinion.

Yo Robertaccio tell me about a Husa 390! Spill the beans!

What's your experience with them (if any), how do you think they stack up to a new KTM350?

How is the power vs a current 450 (Japanese or Euro) or even an old RFS400?

I'm all ears if you have some insight

For Blakes comment answer is yes that is correct.

For Goofy Footer Myself, Ive ridden only one 70* berg it was the 450 model. I liked it but not the owners set up for me he had it all fffd up (but he liked it and thats what counts). I would say the 70* Husabergs are very high quality and the fuel injection was/is always labled as spot on and perfect from all that write about them. The center mass weighting of the bike makes them feel light on the trail, but, the weight of these bikes is so central that they feel stupid heavy when lifting onto a stand or trying to lift out of a hole for example. They are a waaay different breed for sure, but all the parts are KTM manufacttured and many hard parts are KTM common (except cases, chassis and subframe for example).

One of our crews fastest guys had the FE570 and just loved it for all around stuff including installing his snowbike outfit to it and winter mountain riding it.He really could rail single track on it (the 570). I think that the FE390 version is the one I would choose if I was choosing one of the 70* 4T Husabergs. longterm value...hey its a dead model line...so it could be a "collectors item some day??

Additional about the Red Huskys- the Italian/Varese/ sort of Cagiva pre 2010 designed big block 250/310 engine is a bullet proof tank like engine.

The newer engineered "X-Lite" engine (with 3 world enduro championships) is a way more lightweight highly tuned and stressed "race" motor that puts it on the less than long range side of its total life cycle in the hands of racers as well as riders/consumers.

X-Lites do have superior handling over 99% of all trail/offroad/DS/enduro bikes on the market, they are scalpels but are CrMo comfortable at the same time.

Wow. sorry you had two bad experiences with these guys. I have bought three bikes from them, and consider the people there as friends. My observation is that they are pretty laid back most of the time. I have been in other stores where sales personel are trained to be so aggressive, that I am insulted by how much they can ignore clues that I give them in our conversation about what I am looking for.

I have always liked Moto Forza too ! They are very laid back. They are not high pressure salesmen. Next time you go in there, approach them and I think you will change your mind.

Is the Husky FE350 more or less a replacement for the Husaberg FE350?

The Husaberg 390 seems hard to find and I bet it'll be pricey. It's interesting reading the comparisons between the Husky 310, KTM 350 and Husaberg 390

Blake and Robertaccio.. ever want more legs on your 310? If so is the limitation power or gear spread?