OK- so we met down near Agua Tigua. 13 of us total, with bikes ranging from a crf230l up to a GS1200 and about everything in between. A Classic XT550, a Tiger (new model), some Australian bikes, and some Jap bikes...... an F650 may or may not have hit the ground once or twice, Phil took a flora sample after the river crossing, and the Tiger got its first scratch...got that out of the way, then he ran great the rest of the day....

post-122-0-19904800-1410123426_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-91609600-1410123446_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-77775600-1410123464_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-81979200-1410123480_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-69154100-1410123497_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-24024400-1410123514_thumb.jpg

Anybody have any more pictures or stories? After the n00b ride was over, tackled some other terrain, and did some exploring- met a new guy Pol and his new KTM- Randy got a pinch flat on his borrowed bike; we fixed it under the 125 bridge...good ride

Great ride!

I almost died a few times when that stupid throttle lock/ghetto cruise control got stuck due to my Sasquatch hands hitting it, but other than that, i had a blast!

Thanks for hosting. I WILL have comms (and a normal sized bike) for the next one!

some Australian bikes??

Like??

Sorry I missed this one. Next time.

some Australian bikes??

Like??

Sorry I missed this one. Next time.

Right. I'd like to know which one of your mates were riding the Aussie bikes. :coolio:

K - didya lower the pressure Randy? :laughingsmiley: Musta hit just right if not, I guess. Glad it wasn't the rear for your sake. The front is much easier to change out. I've had one flat on that bike - the rear - on the trail - and it was NOT fun. Looks like everyone had a good time and no injuries reported so all is well. Missed the ride but had some great family time.....even adopted a new guy for a bit as Downs stopped by for a seat swap and burgers.

Good day.

Great ride!

I almost died a few times when that stupid throttle lock/ghetto cruise control got stuck due to my Sasquatch hands hitting it, but other than that, i had a blast!

Thanks for hosting. I WILL have comms (and a normal sized bike) for the next one!

Comms are awesome. They add a lot to a ride.

Do we have a list of any of the noobs that came out?

I found the tire repair process to be relaxing and enjoyable, with plenty of heckling opportunities.

Like low-hanging fruit, in fact.

N00bs, please chime in; I know I'll forget somebody (some of them didn't know their screen names and some weren't even members)

N00bs, please chime in; I know I'll forget somebody (some of them didn't know their screen names and some weren't even members)

Awesome! Love to see so many noobs turn out.

K - didya lower the pressure Randy? :laughingsmiley: Musta hit just right if not, I guess. Glad it wasn't the rear for your sake. The front is much easier to change out. I've had one flat on that bike - the rear - on the trail - and it was NOT fun. Looks like everyone had a good time and no injuries reported so all is well. Missed the ride but had some great family time.....even adopted a new guy for a bit as Downs stopped by for a seat swap and burgers.

Good day.

Thanks for the seat swap and for the food. :D I do not envy your daughter and son in law having to go to Jacksonville though. Ugh. haha. I noticed the seat has me sitting a big higher than the stocker. Not a big deal so far I'll ride it for a few weeks and see how everything comes out. :D

Here's some pics I managed to snap. Glad to see I finally have an "action" shot of the Big Blue Pig.

10609564_10204944895448253_7167578171764

1937494_10204944896528280_46365861593998

10689436_10204944897208297_4674781982985

10690235_10204944897728310_8809153599842

10696431_10204944898408327_3574607971389

BTW that was me ya'll passed on the way back out from the "bridge". After hanging out in the parking lot for a bit more I decided to go to Trophy Hunter's house via the Otay Mtn TT. It was all kinds of wash boardy on the west side.

Sounds like a cool ride. And it sure it a good thing ya'll had PMB there to help with the pinch flat. His supervisory skills are second to none...

Sounds like a cool ride. And it sure it a good thing ya'll had PMB there to help with the pinch flat. His supervisory skills are second to none...

Durn tootin

Thanks again for organizing this guys, I had a blast even if I was on my side half the ride! lol In all seriousness thanks for the tips bikeslut I need to practice my downhill brake control :upsidedown:

These noobs rides should never be mistaken for anything else than meeting new faces, making new friends, and learning new trails, skills or other helpful things in a group of mixed characters and a no pressure riding mentality.

Hey Robert; that bike, with those tires is no cakewalk in the dirt...you did great; and the biggest thing is everybody got up, dusted off, and gave it another try.

Yeah....good turnout and good to meet the new people....good to see the old people (pun intended).

Great area for a noob ride and I hadn't ridden around there before...thanks to all who showed up and to Paul and Bob for organizing.

Yeah....good turnout and good to meet the new people....good to see the old people (pun intended).

Great area for a noob ride and I hadn't ridden around there before...thanks to all who showed up and to Paul and Bob for organizing.

Good riding area for noobs and tougher single track if you look around A bit.wish I was there sunday.