OK- got some messages asking for another one, and Chef Axel is ready to go again...I know 8 is a little early for some folks, but I find it gives some riding time before the droolers show up.

Park by the oak tree- Lark Canyon is traditionally easier than Corral, but if you want challenges, we can find some, but that will be after the noob ride

For this ride, there is some sand really close to the trucks, so folks can practice close to help.

A large rock slab that is more intimidating than difficult

Some sand whoops to practice on...

At some point, we'll take those with plates to some desert overlooks on wide open roads (similar to espinosa last week)...bring a camera-

If you don't have a plate; no worries....plenty to keep you busy until the DSs return.

After some sand practice, whoops practice, and fire road to the overlooks, we'll take the entire group on the ridge trail (easy open twisty trail)

As before- if I have some veterans, I'll enlist some to help with sub-groups- thanks again to Jason, Ken, Paul and Tom last week

Sunday?

I plan to go which ever day...

As the young guys say " I might be down for this "

As my wife says, "Load up the bikes and lets go!"

The progression of sayings on this thread is hilarious. I may be down for this, 8 is a big early by still doable.

im twisting txc450 guy to come out, can be a biz trip for him as well. thanks for posting!

ill be happy to get in a little xtreme practice if folks want to step it up, no need to stray too far from the tree for that.

Frick. I like these rides a lot and want to get my new KLR out there a bit more.

Still, I'm supporting my wife on the Carlsbad marathon Sunday.

Will be out and about on Saturday, though.

Can't wait for the ride report on this one.

This was my last experience with BS and crew: SDAR noob ride

Frick. I like these rides a lot and want to get my new KLR out there a bit more.

Still, I'm supporting my wife on the Carlsbad marathon Sunday.

Will be out and about on Saturday, though.

Can't wait for the ride report on this one.

This was my last experience with BS and crew: SDAR noob ride

I remember that ride well - it was the last time my 650gs was damage-free. You really haven't been out in a while. What happened to the 1150?

Lurking.... Need to know work schedule before committing. Look forward to trying my new knobby and trials tire!

I think I'm gonna do this. I've been wanting to ride with you all for a while and was bummed I didn't just get up and go on last weeks ride. I may need more detail on where to meet up, I've never ridden there. I know where the Coral Canyon entrance is but not sure about the rest.

Look forward to it.

Paul

Oh, I see now where it is. Will have to really motivate myself to make this one.

Edited by DirtSurfin

I remember that ride well - it was the last time my 650gs was damage-free. You really haven't been out in a while. What happened to the 1150?

Ha! Oh, the Beemer caused me grief and punished me mercilessly. I sold her into slavery and bought a KLR.

I did have some good rides with her. But I may not be BMW material...

This is Lark near boulevard- I'll post a map soon

thanks for the map Paul

6. Turn right onto CA-94 W/​Ribbonwood Rd

0.5 mi

7. Turn left onto Old Hwy 80

1.9 mi

8. Turn left onto Mccain Valley Rd

2.4 mi

9. Slight right toward Mccain Valley Rd

0.6 mi

10. Turn right onto Mccain Valley Rd

0.4 mi

11. Turn left

0.6 mi

12. Turn left toward McCain Rd/​Valley Rd

0.4 mi

13. Take the 1st right onto McCain Rd/​Valley Rd

1.4 mi

14. Turn left toward Mccain Valley Rd

1.8 mi

15. Turn right onto Mccain Valley Rd

0.6 mi

Meeting spot

As the older guys say, "i need to check with my wife".

heh.gif

and when the answer was "didn't you go ride last Sunday?" the ex-wife jokes from a couple days ago resonated but then she added "it's your daughter's bday party at 11am that day" and I agreed she got a point, I doubt I can make it back by 11 from lark.