Wish I could make it to this ride. For now it looks like I can't.

This place is about 2hrs drive from San Marcos area. Are all off-road sites similar distance away from San Marcos?

Maybe someone in this locality can organise a noob ride. (DirtDame; wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

Also how do I become paid member. Where do I pay? :-)

Wish I could make it to this ride. For now it looks like I can't.

This place is about 2hrs drive from San Marcos area. Are all off-road sites similar distance away from San Marcos?

Maybe someone in this locality can organise a noob ride. (DirtDame; wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

Also how do I become paid member. Where do I pay? :-)

PM ktmrad for info how to pay- thanks for your contribution... it helps Randy fund the site with less money out of his pocket

Closer to San Marcos you have the Hixon trails... Wildomar OHV, and some of the black mountain areas... i am always a tag along on those rides... Mimi or crawdaddy may be able to give you direction

I know my East County rides are far away for North COunty types... sorry; I just bought my house and don't want to move quite yet

two way ham radios... headsets and PTT switches on our bikes

paul and I will each be on a radio, and able to communicate:

"quad party ahead".."check"

"paul, roadchick biffed on her street tires and will be a while getting up".."do you need help?".." nope... I'll take a picture then we'll catch up"

things like that... this helps groups stay together, and also lets us talk about others without hurting their feelings <_<

Haha!!

I don't get my feelings hurt easily, so make fun to my face, I will probably laugh with you!

As far as crashing, no guarantees there!

im totally in! and if i can manage to get my new tires mounted tomorrow ill be stoked to see how fast i can go before i knock myself out again.

just kidding, ill try to limit my inevitable get off to minor flesh wounds and ego bruises.

Total noob with DRZ400SM. Soooooo slick 17s. I see from a post that one guy did a similar ride on a supermoto DRZ. I'd really like to try a dirt noob ride like this but the front slicks really slide in the dirt. Anyone got a lead on dirt DRZ wheels/tires/spacers etc for sale?

Nice to read I am not the only person knocking myself out in the dirt!

Falling is a forbidden activity on this ride, and any "knocking out" is prohibited.

I can remember asking the most experienced Baja rider I know why he fell down in Baja and got injured, that was a HUGE insult. I was immediately corrected, motorcyclists don't fall down they CRASH! No more falling down! Crashing is allowed. Thank goodness because I am a good crasher.

Unc C.

As to knocking out I don't remember ever getting knocked out, well not since the last head injury.

Sorry to say that McCain Valley is where I go for most of my trail riding, especially if I'm by myself or I want to take new trail riders out for some low risk, high scenic fun. There are trails to the north, but Hixon trail isn't quite so noob friendly. There is a lot of really fun dualsport riding out of Anza though. :party:

Ha......

That was my buddy Charlie

rode with him many of times with those tires, and that was the tough day for him

I never seen him drop bike in all the years I've known him... I think he had a 1/2 dozen that day

needless to say he's rolling with some 606's these days

I have seen him do things with those tires I would have never of imagined - so it it possible

Riding those trails on SM tires has been done (not that I'm recommending it....just sayin'). ;)

101_0033.jpg

Hmmmm - maybe.... Bruce is still recovering from a bad crash at a race couple weeks ago. This might be a good first ride back for him to test out the sore spots - and there are alot of them!

No work so......IN with son Dave.

my Chef and his son may join us, so sounds like we have a large group.

If any self-professed noobs can start asking questions we can tailor the ride to suit you...

I have some whoops, some sand, a couple of VERY SMALL drops, and very little, if any singletrack... we'll then do a run to some overlooks on easy dirt roads, then re-group to decide if we want to dosome singletrack, or maybe split up

speaking for myself, I am NOT any kind of expert. Throughs year of trial and error, I have found things that work "for me" and will pass on what I know. Paul, Trophy and others may have some ideas, but that fall in the same boat... this is an "introductory ride" with some experienced riders, and we'll take you on easy stuff.

if you are looking for a basic skills motorcycle class, carguy and ride-orange teach a sanctioned class, and if you want street experience, I think motorcyclenut does as well... I just don't want anybody to think this is a MSF class or anything; just a nice leisurely ride in a safe atmosphere (as safe as dirtbiking can be anyway :lol: )

looking forward to seeing all of you... if you need anything ASK NOW... gear, ideas, tools, tires, etc. i'll do my best to make sure you're taken care of

Hmmmm - maybe.... Bruce is still recovering from a bad crash at a race couple weeks ago. This might be a good first ride back for him to test out the sore spots - and there are alot of them!

:D I have a singletrack trail I want to show you :ph34r:

If any self-professed noobs can start asking questions we can tailor the ride to suit you...

I have some whoops, some sand, a couple of VERY SMALL drops, and very little, if any singletrack... we'll then do a run to some overlooks on easy dirt roads, then re-group to decide if we want to dosome singletrack, or maybe split up

speaking for myself, I am NOT any kind of expert. Throughs year of trial and error, I have found things that work "for me" and will pass on what I know. Paul, Trophy and others may have some ideas, but that fall in the same boat... this is an "introductory ride" with some experienced riders, and we'll take you on easy stuff.

if you are looking for a basic skills motorcycle class, carguy and ride-orange teach a sanctioned class, and if you want street experience, I think motorcyclenut does as well... I just don't want anybody to think this is a MSF class or anything; just a nice leisurely ride in a safe atmosphere (as safe as dirtbiking can be anyway :lol: )

looking forward to seeing all of you... if you need anything ASK NOW... gear, ideas, tools, tires, etc. i'll do my best to make sure you're taken care of

Yeah- what he said. I'm a step above noob, but not a giant step.... If I can help, I'm happy to do so. If you've had particular problems, let us know, but this is an excellent opportunity to get in some trail time just for practice.

The MSF courses are GREAT and I suggest them for everyone. Far more than you'd ever learn from, say, BikeSlut...

possible tag a long here...

got hall pass and EVERTING!!

good sized group, and some good people...sounds fun!!

B)..still working off my noob status...so wanna practice some skilz!

No work so......IN with son Dave.

I have been on a total of five dirt road rides which include the following:

Viejas Grade

Forest Service Road

Pine Valley

Cleveland National Park near Lake Elsnore (spelling?)

And the Anza Mud Caves Badlands area

I have taken a beginner dirt riding class with Coach 2 Ride three weeks ago because I crashed hard the first two times I went into the dirt because my street riding techniques kept overriding and causing me to crash.

The beginner dirt riding class has turned around my riding in the dirt, thank GOD!

I am a COMPLETE NOOB to the dirt, whereas, on the street and track, I am VERY experienced. So, I would say I am a beginner!

possible tag a long here...

got hall pass and EVERTING!!

good sized group, and some good people...sounds fun!!

B)..still working off my noob status...so wanna practice some skilz!

I've adopted Corral Canyon Trail 8 as the official de-Noobing trail. Once you ride that, you can be an intermediate

Once you have ridden trail 8 you are ready to race in the B (intermediate) class.

Some parts of trail 8 are more fun than others. :rolleyes:

And once you ride trail 8, you should be ready to tackle the "new" trail! :party::lol:

Once you have ridden trail 8 you are ready to race in the B (intermediate) class.

Really? Maybe I'll do that someday

Have to say I am interested in this ride. Never ridden there before. I have new gear and radio to try. It is just so far away. I thought CC was far.

I am thinking about coming out for this. Are there any day use fees? Is everyone trailering/trucking there bikes out?