curayjusdad

Movin' On

Well......Just wanted to say thanks for all the help and all on this site. My family and I will be moving in mid-May to Washington State (Richland/Pasco/Kenniwick) as I start a new job at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory in June. My wife is a native San Diegian and I have lived here since 1988. The kids know nothing but living in paradise, so they are in for a big surprise. However, we are excited about moving to a small town with a lower cost of living.

I am looking forward to exploring new riding areas in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Canada thumbsup_anim.gif, but I'm also disappointed that I haven't been able to do all the riding I wanted to here in old San Diegoblush.gif and Southern California. I have only been at this for about a year (minus 3 months with broken arm) and have met some nice people here on the site and out riding. I will never forget the Bass Lake Ride of 2010 that I heard about here on this site and decided to go up and ride. It was an adventure for sure. Late last year, I posted a short ride report about me and my son's trip to Ocotillo Wells for his first riding experience. He got a real boost from the encouraging comments from some on the site. It was great.

There are several on this site I did not have a chance to meet (e.g. Family rides with BikeSlut and tntmo) that I had hoped to ride with. I did meet others (Schwinn, Pasta Pilot, dsfox, steelrain, and socalhodaka) that made me feel welcome and supported. And I never got a chance to go on a Crawdaddy ride. I guess I haven't lived yet....biggrin.gif

I hope that I can continue to participate from afar on this site. It has been a great resource. I also will look for new resources up in that area. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all.

P.S. Sorry about all the mushiness. I think the stress of moving is getting to mewacko.gif.

There will be some awesome riding in the pacific northwest. Good luck in all your new ventures and post up some pics. We will all be interested.

Ben

Hey, it just means we will truck farther to the trailhead. Keep us up to date on what you find up north. I heard they have rivers that actually flow year round up that way! In the summer I spend time over in Moscow, ID, so we may meet on a trail.

Good Luck to you and the family

Sorry to hear you're leaving but WA/OR have always been on my list for summer moto trips. Enjoy the location/job/cost of living and we'll see you over an upcoming holiday. Post up when you're gonna be around and maybe we could get you a loaner bike for day trip somewhere.

Jon

I lived in Washington for a year. It rained too much for me (and I like the rain, usually) but I got used to it and rode a lot (in the rain....and a bit of snow) both on the street and in the dirt. There are lots of beautiful places to ride. I am sure that you will have lots of fun on two wheels up there.

...we are excited about moving to a small town with a lower cost of living. I am looking forward to exploring new riding areas in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Canada....

Good for you.......I'd be excited too.....I earned a B.S. in Animal Science at Oregon State and loved my time up in the Pacific North WET.....still have a lot of friends up in Oregon/Washington.....I think you'll love it up there too.....leave the rat race behind......ride in lush forests, cross many a stream, slip and slide in the mud, bang over roots......it'll be epic! ;) Congratulations! :)

Rob, even though we never rode together we had some good conversations at a few get together.Keep in touch, you will only be about 80-100 miles form Hodaka Day's. You should come and check it out. I know there is alot of cool riding there in the east Washington and Oregon. Stay with the group and keep us up to date on your rides up there.

Kely

Rob, good luck up in Washington. There should be lots of good, moist riding up there !

Thanks for being a part of SDAR.

we always need more people in other areas... so keep in touch, and post up from the Northwet

I hear nothing but positive about the riding up north. Wish we could have got together for a family ride, but sometimes it's just difficult with schedules. All the best!

I've heard the riding up there is awesome, and when you look around, it is obvious that it has to be true! It's a very beautiful place. Awesome terrain. Huge water crossing for sure! You'd better rig up a snorkel mod. Have a blast, I know you will. :coolio:

I don't think this is goodbye, this is just a nice expansion of our riding area.

Best of luck, hope to ride soon.

Covered in Possibilities