Tree I see your on right now , how be the knee?

You mean this knee??

res_IMAG0077.jpg

The Knee will be fine as soon as the swelling goes down and I can bend it again. I got x-rays last night no damage that they could tell just alot of fluid. I took a digger coming down Heart Attack hill and landed right on my Knee. I didn't think that much of it at the time. We (the sweep team, Myself, Rex, and Dave) had planned to stop at the bottom to watch everyone come down but after a while it was swelled up like a grapefruit and I couldn't bend my knee so I told the team I was going to ride out ahead because I figure it would be slow and go having to ride out standing all the way to split mountain road to meet the medic and truck. When we reached the Truck it was more the size of a small pumpkin and a little more painful so the day was done. Thanks to everyone who helped me get my truck loaded.

First day was pretty awesome with the washes and the great traction through grapevine. Helped the guy that submerged his bike as mentioned earlier. Dave's idea to stand the bike on the back tire to get the water out worked, since nobody had a plug wrench to get the water out. But after a while manged to get him back going again. Sweeping the hard route was a blast. Superstition was fun except for all the idiots in the sand. Some tense moments getting across the not so dry lake bed. Getting pulled over in ocotillo because the guy couldn't see my plate or tail light from all the mud but he was cool and just told me to clean it off at the gas station. We froze heading back to butterfield in the dark with the sleet and rain coming down but thats part of the Adventure. I'm looking forward to next years event.

Had a great time.. Like others have said it was WET!!

Got there Friday to help with setup and registration. Enjoyed some great food and company.

Another shot of Schwin and his tutu.. :thumbsup_anim:

res_DSC00213.JPG

Tracy's famous poppers

res_DSC00214.JPG

Our chef..

res_DSC00215.JPG

The salsa bar - Hot, Hotter and Oh Sheet... :evil:

res_DSC00217.JPG

Schwin, Steel Rain and Covered in Dust

res_DSC00226.JPG

Strega and Crawdaddy

res_DSC00227.JPG

Desert compliments of DSFox

res_DSC00228.JPG

On Saturday I ran sweep with Tree and Steel Rain. Crawdaddy, Strega and Joliet were on the other sweep team.

Here are some pictures of how wet it was..

res_P2190056.JPG

res_P2190239.JPG

res_P2190246.JPG

res_P2190255.JPG

res_P2190287.JPG

The crossing above claimed a victim. He apparently wheelied in and lost it resulting in a submarined bike. Thanks to Steel Rain we were able to the water out of his cylinder by putting the bike on its rear wheel and letting the water come out of the exhaust.

res_IMAG0073.jpg

Our sweep team did the alternate Superstition loop, which Crawdaddy and team had prerun the day before. They told us about this fun little hill they found along the way.. It doesn't look that steep but let me assure you.... IT IS!!!!

res_P2190310.JPG

We got back to camp about 20 minutes before Crawdaddy and crew.. All of us freezing our butts off. It was dark, raining and COLD!!

Good Times.. Couldn't of asked for a better day.

Ran sweep again on Sunday with Tree and Steel Rain.

Short story.. Tree fell and hurt his knee.. I lost my clutch and blew a fork seal... Steel Rain ran sweep... Thanks David..

We got back to camp about 20 minutes before Crawdaddy and crew.. All of us freezing our butts off. It was dark, raining and COLD!!

Good Times.. Couldn't of asked for a better day.

Sounds perfect, except for the "freezing our butts off" part....and maybe the "dark" part. But the rest of it sounds like it was good! :good:

popcorn.gif

Sneeker: Everytime I see your popcorn eating, sitting on the sideline, watching what is going on & being entertained Gif, I crack up. That is funny. :heh: I feel just like that GIF when reading all these neat posts.

hey rexr i recognize that hill at superstition. it gives you a major pucker going down the rock section at the top.

Great ride reports guys, keep’em coming. My respect to those who manned up and made the most of the weather! :king:

popcorn.gif

hey rexr i recognize that hill at superstition. it gives you a major pucker going down the rock section at the top.

Yeah.. There was definitely a little pucker factor going on..:bigeyed:

Sounds perfect, except for the "freezing our butts off" part....and maybe the "dark" part. But the rest of it sounds like it was good! :good:

It was actually a really fun day. It was a true adventure not knowing if we were going to be able to cross the next water challenge. I also just invested in a dual HID setup from Baja Designs so I got to put those to the test.. Can you say sunshine in the nighttime. :bb:

Here is a video of Reed, one of the guys riding with Robertaccio, climbing up Heart Attack Hill...

http://vimeo.com/20222066

I tried putting it on YouTube but the quality was terrible.. YouTube Sucks!!

Here is a video of Reed, one of the guys riding with Robertaccio, climbing up Heart Attack Hill...

That boy can ride :)

That bike is really responsive, well tuned. Roll on, Roll off & she comes back to life & keeps on pulling. Nice.

I just realized that he raced one of the Baja races with one of my buddies..

For sure Reed can hold his own....

And... often, with a camera in his hand.

... thanks for posting up his picture link Roger!!!

I had a great time... met some great people.

Did I mention I hate mud... I hate being cold... and my p*ssy hurt when I found out how many crossed pole lines/fish creek river!!! Friggin so frustrated... even now, I wish to this minute I had risked it and crossed. I knew I should have just went for it... or found a better spot. I gave up too early, and turned back ... rode 78 back to S2.... and froze to death all the way to Butterfield. Oh well, next time I'll watch someone else cross... and not puss out!! (I'm still walking around, head down in utter shame!)

I didn't ride Sunday... but rode Sundays ride today. Wow... what a great time, and perfect weather.

Some of you boys can haul the mail..!!!! I had a GREAT time with DaveJ, ReedH, KennyA, RonA, and a few others when we hooked it up and banged some bars on Saturday through San Felipe Wash and previously Oriflame (I didn't realize it was my buds Reed and Dave when I passed'em on Oriflamme... and they then hunted me down!). ..... and sorry all, I don't know the names of the places we rode too well... so, those are guesses at where I'm referring to.

I took a few pictures, and some GoProHD as well. I'll post it up sometime early this week.... as, I just got home 20min ago and am about to be a couch potato.

And Crawdaddy.... no prob on the Soop Loop. That downhill is a good one, but was ran during a D38 national as an uphill. And boy, was it trouble for some!! I also chatted with Rexr shortly on Sunday night.... while watching Reed's vid and while we all swapped pics in my motie. Nice to put a face to some of these names.... I hope it opens up some more doors for riding buddies!

For now, I'm the poser in blue with the saw tooth mohawk on my helmet;

02-19-11-140.jpg

... behind me is Kenny Albertini (red Honda) and Ron Ammon (white Husky);

02-19-11-142.jpg

Thanks Randy for letting me be a part of such a great event!!!

... you, and the SDAR crew rock!!! Can't wait for next year!!!

Johnny

Thanks Randy and all the volunteers... Saturday was definitely an ADVENTURE, but we had a blast and Sunday was epic!!! I'm sure this is a pain to pull off, but you guys do a great job.

Thanks again.

Calibob

sorry I missed it... a long illness didn't get better by the time the weekend rolled up; IF the weather was better OR if I was feeling better I could've/would've.... but the combination was too much

sorry I wasn't able to fulfill my volunteer duties and props to all of the club/riders

Thanks Randy and all of SDAR for a good ( great ) weekend.

Schwinn must have been shredding going down this trail !

017.jpg

Guest Crusty

I think this guy, started his wheelie a little too soon.

1DD.jpg

2DD.jpg

3DD.jpg

sorry I missed it... a long illness didn't get better by the time the weekend rolled up; IF the weather was better OR if I was feeling better I could've/would've.... but the combination was too much

sorry I wasn't able to fulfill my volunteer duties and props to all of the club/riders

+1

Not only did I have the same Flu Bob but I had to make an emergency run up to my house in Page to fix a frozen water pipe that caused me to buy 23000 gallons of water from the Page Water Dept. :(

I also just invested in a dual HID setup from Baja Designs so I got to put those to the test.. Can you say sunshine in the nighttime. :bb:

I gotta say I am truly appreciative of that HID light. I was two bikes behind you on the cold wet ride home and the dimly lit candle that is my headlight was of no use, so I just followed the sunlight in front of me.

For those of you cleaning your bikes I have two words for you: Mr Clean Magic Eraser Pad. Endorsed by a bald guy so I know it's good.

Mr Clean Magic Eraser Pad. Endorsed by a bald guy so I know it's good.

Did you mean Baldbeemer? I do see a resemblance :heh:

Mr_Clean.jpg

Great dash. I feel sorry for the riders that bailed out due to the weather. Yeah it was a little cold, and a lot wet, but the riding was awesome!

I left my camera at camp on Saturday, but here are a few from Sunday:

img3476n.jpg

img3477x.jpg

img3478m.jpg

img3481d.jpg

img3482r.jpg

img3483zw.jpg

img3484s.jpg

img3485m.jpg

I loved that video, dang it Reed you trumped me on the climb!!! Hill 2 Rob 0

Thanks....at least on the first try I kept it together and stopped gracefully!!

2nd try....... wooo hoo dirt nap!!!

excuses,,,10 year old tires, hard as rocks, no grip on the rocks, grabby clutch on the 610 (needs TLC), too fat, too much heavy DS gear, too old.

That ride was so nice thanks to all of the SDAR ride and planning crew!!!RN