Kevin I was going to make a smart comment about BMWs but I have seen you ride and I have seen me ride. I think I will be quite now. :blush:

I don,t do Facebook so does that mean I am not a nerd ? :wacko:

I don,t do Facebook so does that mean I am not a nerd ? :wacko:

Kug, I don't think anyone could question your nerd qualifications. You are beyond reproach. rolleyes.gif

Kevin - I would agree - we are really a Dual Sport group. I just don't have the time to be a true "adventure" rider....maybe a long weekend here or there, but nothing like This Guy or This Guy ....

I've never been fond of bike specific riding groups as I think you miss some of the knowledge of other brands, fair assessment of quality / problems / etc & the inevitable group think. I monitor several bike specific threads to learn about my bikes and try to share that with others I know here with the same machinery.

I'm working up to some "long weekend" stuff (mostly fitting the ride in with other obligations) so I'll see how that goes.

I thing adventure riding is any that that you have an adventure on....

For website purposes and putting people into catagories, adventure riders tend to think that if you dont ride day after day after day racking up tons of mileage you are NOT an adventure rider, and often feel that if you are not on some big twin bike you are NOT an adventurer.

I dont personally subscribe to that train of thought....is that kind of riding cool, heck yeah. is it feasable for most of us M-F working parents kind of people, heck NO...we just need to make the most out what adventures we can whether it be a sat morning ride out thru the hills or a weekend at OW, or a street ride out thru the back country of SD....make the best adventure of it you can...

I dream of taking a RTW kind of trip...someday...but for now it is pound as much adventure out of every ride i can...

kevin, we all wish we had a bike that could carry around as many 24oz. cans of cheap beer as yours can. :drinks:

......any bike that you have an adventure on....

Agreed.......LESS IS MORE :rolleyes: ........ANYWHERE :coolio::lol:

Kevin - I would agree - we are really a Dual Sport group.

I don’t think you have to ride around the world to be an Adventure Rider. You don’t have to ride 100,000 miles to be an adventure rider.

I think C-didy was a adventure rider when he went and picked up his 620 in Colorado. The ride he and Roger did around the big ditch was an adventure ride. I think the ride Wayne and I did from Page to Colorado and back was an adventure ride. Most of Bagster’s trips are adventure rides. Running the CDT is an adventure ride. Pyro’s solo trips are adventure rides.

But yes, you are right this is mostly a dual-sport club. That is the type of ride that most of us do most of the time. As for me, it appears that I just ride a keyboard. :ph34r:

kevin, we all wish we had a bike that could carry around as many 24oz. cans of cheap beer as yours can. :drinks:

Hey it doesn't have to be CHEAP beer.

Kevin - I would agree - we are really a Dual Sport group.

But yes, you are right this is mostly a dual-sport club. That is the type of ride that most of us do most of the time. As for me, it appears that I just ride a keyboard. :ph34r:

I seem to have the same problem Roger. I suspect it is the aging process.

So far my big adventure ride this week was a trip to the post office on one of my favorite XL's. Just to be sporting about it-I tried to get there using only alleys and sidewalks. Ended up being pretty challenging. Amazing how many dogs don't like you going past their back yards on a motorcycle. :wacko:

it just happens to be

I see you are back Slut.

Our old friend Rotelli says "Hi". I also ran into Linguini, who has been out of action for a while, he sends his greetings too. I also have another friend named Tortellini who would like to join the group. Says he has many relatives in Italy. Maybe we can put together a ride soon with Romano and Parmesiano. Ciao!

Hey it doesn't have to be CHEAP beer.

it just happens to be

Good beer weighs more. I imagine Kevin is taking this into consideration as a weight savings issue. :lol:

The ride he and Roger did around the big ditch was an adventure ride. I think the ride Wayne and I did from Page to Colorado and back was an adventure ride. Most of Bagster's trips are adventure rides. Running the CDT is an adventure ride. Pyro's solo trips are adventure rides.

Well- what about the Grand Canyon ride Roger and I (and Jim!) just did? It looks like an adventure ride, smells like one, but we trucked the bikes to Las Vegas. Does missing out on riding the 15 from San Diego to LV mean we don't qualify as ADV riders?

Or is it that I can't haul 12 24oz cans of either:

fourloko-300x452.jpg

Or:colt_45.jpg

Looping the Canyon is definitely an Adventure Ride Paul!

But what puzzles me is what you really brought along to drink.

uhmmm, colt 45 the good stuff....i grew up on schlitz malt liquor, Olde English 800, and Mickey's Big mouths if we had the extra money :blush:

I can carry lots of beer on my new dirtless ADV bike....i did a weeks grocery shopping for 3 people including a 24 pack of water bottles, still on the shrink wrapped carboard tray all in my luggage....that was an adventure :lol:

0606.JPG

they say coors light is just water right? :rolleyes:

I drink alot of water....

or is that rocky mountain goat piss i forget......uhmmm goat piss {in my best homer simpson voice}

0606.JPG

is that Colt45 with an orange slice in a funnel? :huh:

0606.JPG

I completely agree that because I don't camp I miss out on some adventure.

So- what do I call it?

Fun, maybe?

Kevin - I would agree - we are really a Dual Sport group. I just don't have the time to be a true "adventure" rider....maybe a long weekend here or there, but nothing like This Guy or This Guy ....

I've never been fond of bike specific riding groups as I think you miss some of the knowledge of other brands, fair assessment of quality / problems / etc & the inevitable group think. I monitor several bike specific threads to learn about my bikes and try to share that with others I know here with the same machinery.

I'm working up to some "long weekend" stuff (mostly fitting the ride in with other obligations) so I'll see how that goes.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!