jdhall

Checking In

I met a couple of your members up at the Grand Canyon last weekend. As I'm not local, I probably won't check in much, but I thought I'd stop by and say hello.

Welcome! You met some of SDAR's "less than finest"! Fakename, Jim and Strega I think!

Flagstaff, huh? Well you should check in OFTEN and post up... I love that area, and would like to see more of it

recent trip some of us took there... awesome area!

welcome!

i have enjoyed flagstaff twice so far. it was terrific. a must see.

let us know when you want to visit "so cal."

Hey! It's my hero, Jim!

Everybody, meet Jim, Jim, this is everybody

<hello, Jim!>

Jim is the gentleman who drove over 150 round trip to bring me a replacement tire. I am forever in your debt, Jim. Soon after you left, we changed the tire and were on our way. I think we lost a total of three hours, and the tire is still good for a couple rides.

Thanks so much, and stay tuned for the ride report in the next few days. Working on it- it's going to be big, with lots of photos.

Thanks again, Jim!

Welcome aboard. Guess I won't be seeing you on a ride, unless I ride over there. :coolio:

Thanks everyone.

I grew up in Landscatter, went to school in Long Beach, and lived in San Diego (Mission Beach, North Park and finally Harbison Canyon). I moved to Northern Arizona in the early 1980's. So I'm a little bit familiar. I actually rode an enduro in Lucerne Valley a few years ago. But most of the time I just plunk around up here. Have done next to nor riding this year because work has kept me busy. I need to fix that.

I was two margaritas into the evening when I got this strange phone call out of the blue last Saturday. If I hadn't been half plastered, I might not have met you guys...

Welcome to the group Jim. That was quite nice of you to help out like that.

You're in one of my favorite places in the Southwest. I wanted to get to Flagstaff at least twice this summer, but unfortunately didn't make it once.

Maybe next year.

If you're in the mood for SoCal sometime give us a shout.

Thanks everyone.

I grew up in Landscatter, went to school in Long Beach, and lived in San Diego (Mission Beach, North Park and finally Harbison Canyon). I moved to Northern Arizona in the early 1980's. So I'm a little bit familiar. I actually rode an enduro in Lucerne Valley a few years ago. But most of the time I just plunk around up here. Have done next to nor riding this year because work has kept me busy. I need to fix that.

I was two margaritas into the evening when I got this strange phone call out of the blue last Saturday. If I hadn't been half plastered, I might not have met you guys...

ha- I live 2 miles from Harbison... and... being plastered is the best state of mind to meet Strega and fakename... they are tolerable that way

I'm in some kind of mood

Once again I get lucky due to excess tequila consumption.rolleyes.gif

hey jim, welcome..Thanks for helping out our guys........I'm heading to Prescott in 3 weeks to do some riding, after a concert in Phoenix.....spoken to a gentlman named aztom....from ADV...who said he's show us around......I think that's a bit south of you, but we plan to ride Saturday afternoon and Sunday all day Oct. 30-31...send a message if you want to join us...

Welcome! You met some of SDAR's "less than finest"! Fakename, Jim and Strega I think!

Flagstaff, huh? Well you should check in OFTEN and post up... I love that area, and would like to see more of it

recent trip some of us took there... awesome area!

It looks like you found upper Secret. Fun stuff. I (well, actually CTR with the Forest Service) built that trail. It's still there, but as I told Mr Fakey and Strega, the north half of the Peaks Loop is likely gone for good. Forest fire and rains have obliterated it, and the FS was in the process of shutting it down to begin with.

Sorry about the traffic stop. I'd tell you that it has never happened to me since I've been up here, but I would jinx myself.

Awesome to get to actually say hello to you and thank you for being a real great ambassador for the motorcycle family...and thanx for helping out some riding family... ;)

Jim - I'm the idiot you spoke to on the phone (as opposed to the one's you met). Sorry if I was moody on the phone. It was my anniversary weekend, my wife was doing the "wink wink" and Fakey was calling me "you find me a tire yet?" :lol:

At least he got his tire. :mellow:

Seriously - thanks for supreme effort and as Pasta said - one of my favorite areas too.

Thanks for helping out our boys Jim.... :good:

:offtopic: .....but.....

....a gentleman named aztom....from ADV...who said he'd show us around......

I plan on heading over to ride with Tom and Scotty (Rydnsyk) after our Mojave Rd. ride on Nov. 20th.....

Can you guess what model bike they both ride (now)? Hint, you can ride it _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ :rolleyes::coolio::lol:

Thanks again Jim for the help, we really appreciate it. So thankful you were able to assist!

I didn't appreciate Fakey rolling the bike over a huge pile of dog sh!t before we pulled off the old tire though...jerk. (More info soon)

Hiya Jim! I wanna come out there for a little rumble one of these days. Good lookin' out brother, you are an SDAR remote outpost now :coolio:

Jim, I am planning on riding in your neck of the woods. Since the bridge is supposed to open end of this month. Important since I live in Vegas. Glad you joined up, and hope to see you on a ride.