KTMrad

Are You Riding a Big Adventure Bike ?

We've had a lot of new people join lately, and I'd like to see who's riding big adventure bikes. Would like to have an idea, for future Adventure Bike oriented rides......

Are you riding at least a KLR650 or larger motorcycle ?

If so, what bike are you riding ?

Do you consider yourself a beginner, intermediate or expert on the big Adventure style bikes ?

How much experience do you have on the Adventure Bike ?

Do you primarily stick to easy fire road type riding, or have you done or want to do more technical, difficult type riding on the big bikes ?

Thanks !

I ride a KTM 990 Adv, and would be up for big bike rides.

I'd say an intermediate rider with some big bike experience and some dirt biking too.

I would like to see more of what is available off road, been finding it on my own.

I ride a 2006 KTM 950S. I think I’m intermediate or better but not an expert. The bike is big but my balls are small.

Quite a bit of experience on the big bike on some very challenging trails but still suck in the sand and tight trails with rocks aren’t any fun.

Really dig scenic trails and going places I haven’t been before.

Wayne

KTM 950 Super Enduro.

Intermediate.

Three years off-roading on the Adventure Bike.

Started with fire roads, now doing easy/moderate single track. Have already ridden in sand and running creeks. No interest in "knarly single-track".

More interested in getting to interesting destinations than seeing how much trouble I can get into and then get out of.

I consider this easy:

P3200020.jpg

Wayne - maybe you shoulda shared Zina's pancake breakfast in Utah. :)

DR650 - If this does not qualify, plz delete this post.

Low intermediate

Have ridden most of Corral Canyon ( Trails 1, 2, 4, Spur) on it.

Only had the bike a year so not a lot of experience on it (2100 miles)

Like DM's ride description.

DSCN3495.jpg

DSCN3469.jpg

I have my GSA, but typically I am with guys who don't take any chances with their bikes, so technical stuff is not done often enough. THat said I am running the distanzas right now and they work well for fire roads and some soft sand. Once I get another set of wheels I will be more willing to take on more challenging terrain more frequently.

In other words, My current riding is fireroads and DigDug rides; mostly 2up.

At least! At least a KLR, oh my,,,

I ride 2 KLRs, and i,m old and slow but willing to go.

My sunday loop ride if i,mm not fishing is 200 plus miles both street and dirt.

I have rode DEATH VALLEY, the Mexico/USA fence line, Corral Canyon (LOTS)

valley of the moon, but nothing real fast nor too tec, like i said, i,m old and fall over alot. :coolio:

Willing to follow, if your willing to help me lift my bike up.

Picture above.......

I know where that is on the TAT..........Ophir Pass in Colorado.

bumping this for those with big ADV bikes who haven't responded yet.

2009 BMW F650GS. Just picked it up at San Diego BMW on Thursday. I absolutely love it. Plan on using this bike for riding to work and touring. Will be keeping to easy fire roads.

Baldbeemer can't wait until he can ride again.

F650GS1.jpg

KTM 690 although I dont think of it as a " Big Adventure Bike". I would like to think I can take it anywhere but cheat and break out the CRF 450R when I can.

Intermediate??? If I cant make it I will break it trying.

I have a BMW 650GS. I am a beginner, started riding dirt in Feb. I might go slow but I am willing to gopost-13968-097781400 1288739237_thumb.jp. I would like to get better at riding it off road. I have ridden it to Mike's Sky Ranch and will do it again soon. Would like to longer camping trips.

Wish the toe box on my cast was that high speed! :huh:

2009 BMW F650GS. Just picked it up at San Diego BMW on Thursday. I absolutely love it. Plan on using this bike for riding to work and touring. Will be keeping to easy fire roads.

Baldbeemer can't wait until he can ride again.

F650GS1.jpg

Wish the toe box on my cast was that high speed! :huh:

It's pretty danm low speed for me. Got another appt with the doc next month to move on the next phase of recovery, a walking boot. Maybe then I can do more than daydream on my wife's parked bike.

KLR650. Intermediate.

I like to challenge myself and i'm the only KLR rider that I know who thinks deep sand is fun (for a while).

KLR650. Intermediate.

I like to challenge myself and i'm the only KLR rider that I know who thinks deep sand is fun (for a while).

Well that makes 2 of us then 8-]

I've got a BMW R1200GSA...and I've ridden it in Ocotillo Wells, down Grapevine, over Corral Canyon, all over Ramona...I'm a fairly inexperienced to intermediate rider...been at it 5 years total, off road for 3 years. I've been very interested in learning to ride this freakin' beast of a machine off-road. I watch Jimmy Lewis or the GS Sahara team and can't believe my eyes; I know it can be done and when I cowboy up...I've even done some of it. Much of the riding I've done is with SocalCPA and his KTM 990 Adventure.

I did the newbie boarder fence ride with you all on my Husky TE450 last year and learned that I've got a lot to learn. Loooonng story short...I need to get out and get over this big bike thing. It's pretty sad for a guy that can clear the doubles on a MX track to be so timid on a big bike. For sure roads like Pamo, the easier trails in Corral Canyon, Nate Harris...right up my alley...and if there's camping at the end of that trail...so much the better.

I ride a Suzuki DL650K4.

I'm a novice and probably always will be.

I've been trying to wear the bike out for almost 6 years now.

p6100293e.jpg