h8redlights

Next Maintenance Gathering September 26th

Hey Gang,

Just checking in on this only because I missed the last two gatherings. Wanted to see who's interested in hosting one soon. Hope to finally meet some members and share some food, drinks and some good laughs.

Your timing is great Quinn. This has been rattling around in my head (lotsa room in there) for a while.

I'm big on including our families where possible and so It's gonna be on. I think a pre-season / last minute checkup pool party BBQ would be good.

If you reply, please include what mods/farkles/stuff you wanna do to your bike (and type of bike) so we can have volunteer coaches for that task and specialty tools if needed/available.......AND how many in your group TOTAL.

When: Sunday, September 26, 2010 9:00 AM to 5 ish. (longer maint needed...we'll getcha done)

Priority: Family Friendly day to include our S/O's, kids, etc in a SDAR activity.

Additional EZ Ups, work stands, etc would be nice to have.

What we will provide:

Pool with slide/waterfall/jacuzzi. Kid friendly...3 1/2 feet to 6 1/2. Back yard also has wood swing/playset, trampoline.

Changing room for those who wanna ride there & change into trunks/suits/etc.

Storage for stuff for those who want to drop off suits, towels, drinks, etc and then ride east county prior to lunch.

BBQ with burgers, turkey burgers, Hot dogs & all fixin's.

Coolers with ice. First batch of drinks.

Driveway with shade.

Garage with assorted tools, air compressor, cycle lift, trackside stand. (and other stuff on loan by other SDAR members)

Bring the family! Relax, fix, farkle, eat, drink responsibly & meet other SDAR members.

What you could bring: Addtional Beverages, side dish, chips or desert. Smile.

I will post my address in the members only section if there's interest. If you don't have access, plz PM Randy for password acceptance/approval. PM me if you don't have access. I will provide the home address via PM.

The Fix is IN: Coach(s) Specialty Tools

Joliet - Husky - Yamaha - various - Carbs (Hoss & Schwinn - carb sync)

Strega - KTM 620 Adv - overall prep

dsfox - KTM - stator/fan/electrical - Coach Fakename

H8redlights - WR250R - lower front suspension

Bagstr - KTM 690 - Tire change

Debarker - DRZ - Stock exhaust install and rejet.

RandyKTM530EXC - Some discussion, some wrenchin'

Potential work:

1. confirm rear suspension is correct for my weight (already had Trailtech do the full mods) (just want to do static and seated sag adjustments).

2. Practice changing tube/tire

3. Learn more about using GPS (Garmin 60Csx)/importing tracks, etc.

4. Proper equipment to carry in backpack

5. Installing ham radio on handlebar

6. How to adjust valves (2009 KTM 530EXC)

7. Make sure carb is adjust right (have JD carb kit already)

8. Proper chain adjustment

9. Learn what thick seats are good

10. Proper fork adjustment (which top ring to select for my height and riding)

11. Change Handlebar grips

12. Possible electrical short.

PastaPilot - replace front tube = watched by some

KLXguy - KTM 450 - Jet Kit, Fuel Screw - Coach...?

Food Count ( if there are more in your group, PM me and I'll add 'em)

(4) Zoot

(4) Erick

(2) Joliet

(3) Fakey

(1) dsfox

(1) Strega

(1) Socalhodaka

(1) Slagnado

(4) h8redlights

(1) Mistress

(1) Bikeslut

(1) Schwinn

(1) Bagstr

(2) Debarker

(2) Dave (TH's Son)

(2) KTMRad

(1) RandyKTM530EXC

(2) PastaPilot

(2) Wonderwoman & Beezzz

(1) KLXguy

Miscpooltraffic001.jpg

Miscpooltraffic003.jpg

Playhouse donated to the 2 year old next door (sorry Randy) so it won't be there. Small dog still around.

Miscpooltraffic004.jpg

Very generous of you, Ken. If it's not a work day for me, I'll be there. I don't have any major maintenance issues pending, but I always enjoy learning new procedures and how other machines work.

I'll be recovering from my buddies wedding in Washington DC. It seems like I always miss out on the good times over here!

I have some things I would like to get done on the Husky, maybe even do the carbs on the Yamaha. I might bring Maddy, we will see if any other kids her age (10) will be there. smiley-angelic004.gif Ken

I'll stop by with the family. No major maintenance issues as of now, but Haylee has asked a few times when she gets to go back to the pool with the cool slide...

I have some things I would like to get done on the Husky, maybe even do the carbs on the Yamaha. I might bring Maddy, we will see if any other kids her age (10) will be there. smiley-angelic004.gif Ken

Jesse may be there- send pics of Maddy and he can decide. smiley-angelic004.gif

Woot! Party at the grotto. I don't have anything to fix off the top of my head but I'm sure I'll break something between now and then. We just bought TNTMO's(sp?) CRF230f for my wife Janet so this would be a great way for her to meet some of the gang. I could bring the rugrats as well. (9 year old son and 6 year old daughter) Angels.. both of them :heh:

Looks like I am out of town that weekend. First maiden BMW overnight adventure to Mike's. I am sorry to miss it, looks like it will be fun.

I have a lift that anyone can come by and get the day/week before, if you need it. Just ask that you return it, too.

LOL anything for you Chris, your the best your my IDOL

Thanks for volunteering.....very gracious of you.......just let us know when to be at your place...... :)

Nice, Thanks ken....It's on the calendar...MAYBE PROJECT:.... and if not will just hang out: (I need to get some DC info from baja designs first, which I've been lagging (limping) on but will work on that)....New Stator, Rectifier, Fan for KTM......I'm told this is an easy install, but even if I do the research, and have directions, etc, I would need someone's help who knows what their doing:blink: ....will bring volunteer a bottle of their favorite tequila !:dead:

I believe I can help you with that- easy-peasy. Tequila unnecessary. Want a parts list?

Nice, Thanks ken....It's on the calendar...MAYBE PROJECT:.... and if not will just hang out: (I need to get some DC info from baja designs first, which I've been lagging (limping) on but will work on that)....New Stator, Rectifier, Fan for KTM......I'm told this is an easy install, but even if I do the research, and have directions, etc, I would need someone's help who knows what their doing:blink: ....will bring volunteer a bottle of their favorite tequila !:dead:

I'll take the tequila and drink some while I help Paul to help you :rolleyes:

ask Blind how much I help during these times

Im in. Too soon to say for the resr of the family. I will be there just for the socializing and FOOD of course.

I believe I can help you with that- easy-peasy. Tequila unnecessary. Want a parts list?

Would Love One... Kelly asked me to verify parts, (which I really can't, well I guess I probably could if I got serious and did a bunch or research)......

Can you PM that to me? and I'll call Kelly and get the parts ordered......Thanks for the offer to hellp...Awesome......if not tequila, maybe some French Wine, your own batch of fox brownies?...

Might be useful info for others- so here's MY suggestion:

http://www.trailtech.net/S-8310.html , looks like this:

S-8310_r1_w450.jpg

And for the ultimate battery solution (if you need one), I suggest the TurnTech at www.turntechbattery.com, looks like this:

moto_bat.JPG

Then the fan kit is a KTM OEM, and yes you can make your own, but no, I wouldn't. I thing Brad has. Here's the kit- you need a Clark tank, not an IMS:

59035041044_md.jpg

So:

Fan kit $119 (become a KTMtalk member and get a nice discount from Munn racing- or order from GP, I believe we get 12%)

Trailtech Stator/regulator/harness $169.95

TurnTech Battery $159 plus shipping

Do you NEED all this? Maybe not. But I believe it will add to your reliability in starting. And you can add some cool headlight, too.

p

BAGSTR is in...maybe a tire change...nothing ever breaks on this thing ( 690 ).

Will help whomever needs someone to round a hex or two or change a tire.

Will bring something for the grill and refreshments, to share.

Just me ( 1 )

Ken, I will be at Qualcomm that day, but can bring the lift and any other special tools you may want to have on hand. I will be using my e-z up at Qualcomm though.

Son Dan (Debarker) will have the mystery DRZ for the installation of the stock exhaust and proper jetting. Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Might be useful info for others- so here's MY suggestion:

http://www.trailtech.net/S-8310.html , looks like this:

S-8310_r1_w450.jpg

And for the ultimate battery solution (if you need one), I suggest the TurnTech at www.turntechbattery.com, looks like this:

moto_bat.JPG

Then the fan kit is a KTM OEM, and yes you can make your own, but no, I wouldn't. I thing Brad has. Here's the kit- you need a Clark tank, not an IMS:

59035041044_md.jpg

So:

Fan kit $119 (become a KTMtalk member and get a nice discount from Munn racing- or order from GP, I believe we get 12%)

Trailtech Stator/regulator/harness $169.95

TurnTech Battery $159 plus shipping

Do you NEED all this? Maybe not. But I believe it will add to your reliability in starting. And you can add some cool headlight, too.

p

PERFECT.....THANKS....I'll get ordering....looks kind of intimidating/complicated...... but, heck, if you come supervise (well actually totally direct and help me out, cuz wiring is not my strong point......or if you prefer, let me help you out)....I'll give it a go....starter has been working fine, but to be honest, I prefer to have the fan, better light, etc...and the power to run them....perhaps not do ALL this in one tech day...maybe do the fan later...but at least get the other stuff in.......Debie.

PERFECT.....THANKS....I'll get ordering....looks kind of intimidating/complicated...... but, heck, if you come supervise (well actually totally direct and help me out, cuz wiring is not my strong point......or if you prefer, let me help you out)....I'll give it a go....starter has been working fine, but to be honest, I prefer to have the fan, better light, etc...and the power to run them....perhaps not do ALL this in one tech day...maybe do the fan later...but at least get the other stuff in.......Debie.

Remember, you need to have a Clarke tank, not a IMS to fit the fan...

p

hehe hit the fan