dsfox

Big Bear Coon Cabin Weekend Adventure

Not sure that I can make the camping, but will probably make a day trip out of it. Will confirm for meals and associated costs. Any more info on the yellow post sites and where to find them?

Where have you bee lately?...would be great to have you....still room if you want to camp and make a weekend of it.....

Not sure that I can make the camping, but will probably make a day trip out of it. Will confirm for meals and associated costs. Any more info on the yellow post sites and where to find them?

Where have you bee lately?...would be great to have you....still room if you want to camp and make a weekend of it.....

Rough few months :rolleyes: , but I'm ready to ride! :D

Awesome....I'll add you to the list....make a deal with you....if you want to help me "prepare" better tracks......I'll move you to the TOP of the list...:lol: ....I have a raw track file...but not pretty like you guys make them....let's talk this weekend and work it out.....

I'll work with ya on tracks. I'm sure with the resources on SDAR we can come up with a bunch of stuff for all skill levels. Happy to help.

I would like to go, probably for the full weekend and, or drive up Friday. I road the Big Bear Run in June and have the GPS coordinates for both easy and difficult. Perhaps someone can use them to build ours. I have a Tundra pickup or can carpool with someone with a truck or trailer. At this point I see I will have to use the Yellowpass site to park. I am a big-time snore bear so will probably camp in a tent away from the fait of heart. I have some ice chests, and white gas Coleman stove if interested.

Randy

We've got the OK to crash the BBTR meeting.

9AM Nottingham's Restaurant.

BB Blvd and Barret

1 bolck West of Pine Knot

SW ccorner diagonal from IHOP and Post Office.

Guest Crusty

I am sad to say that I am unable to make it to the Coon Cabin Ride. Please take my name and another car off the list and allow another person to fill the spot. Crusty will still ride and camp on his adventure bike.

Thank you.

Crusty's significant other.

I'll be there but I'll be riding in and not taking up any space (probably throw my tent down in one of those Yellow spaces). I'll bring $$ for the food!

See first Post, REVISED.....Had some cancellations, so CMAYER AND RANDY ktm530exc have vehicle spots.......still room for few more campers if you carpool. or ride in....Hope to see you all at Pool Party 28th.....(info sent)....any other SDAR friends welcome to come on 28th......pm me if yoiu need info.

Saw this from BBTR today:

Big Bear Trail Riders 1st Annual Family Picnic will be held at Meadow Park in Big Bear Lake, Ca 92315 on Saturday, September 11, 2010 from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. BBTR will provide the food, drinks and activities for you, your family and guest. Please register on the website or you can call Jackie Nicholson 626-255-0269. Please have the number of people attending and the kids ages. Come enjoy a great day in the park with family and friends. This family picnic will be considered our September monthly meeting. Thank you and hope to see you all at the park. Jim and Jackie Nicholson

I think it might be fun to stop in and say hello. I know I'll be at the 9am meeting, but maybe on my ride back to camp I'll stop by the park.

I think it might be fun to stop in and say hello. I know I'll be at the 9am meeting, but maybe on my ride back to camp I'll stop by the park.

That sounds cool.....I'm heading up to ride there this weekend, so I'll try to get more info on the park (sounded from the email like this WAS there monthly meeting?..so I'll try to cinfirm the breakfast meeting is still happening also..)...

COON CABIN ONLY 3 WEEKS AWAY....:rolleyes:

If there is still room, I am going to see if I can make it.

Deb, still room ?

I don't know if there's a waiting list but someone can have my spot. 1 person, 1 vehicle - out.

I just got reassigned at work and will have a dif schedule. Can't make it work for this trip.

Thx Deb for all the logistics - outstanding planning! Wish I could go.

If there is still room, I am going to see if I can make it.

Deb, still room ?

sweet, glad you can make it...as discussed, I'll put you down for riding up, and getting someone to transport the little bike....

OK, I'm planning on going up.

Would like to ride the 950 up, but still have the little bike for the difficult trails if anyone does them. Anyone got room for my 640 in their truck ??

I have to get a couple things fixed on the 640 before this trip.

Anyone else going to ride up ?? I'll probably leave Friday afternoon and get up there Friday night, take all the back roads thru Santa Ysable, Warner Springs, Idyllwild, then up the mountain.

Riding up sounds fun! I'd like to join you for that Randy. :D

Please See first Post for some details/info I got from ranger this weekend....visited big bear and cabin this weekend..

Hope to see most of you saturday....if you haven't let me know, please pm this week about your plans....Still In? etc.....Just will need final numbers and to collect money before shopping around labor day....It's going to be Great.....Thanks alot, deb

I am running into more problems with my Sportsmobile. Testing the waters to see if any drivers are interested in carpooling with me. I will take the Dodge crewcab and the toyhauler. As much as it would be interesting to ruff it, I bought that little toyhauler for a reason. I would be going up early Fri afternoon and returning Sun evening. Please pm if interested so I can see how much effort to put into the Sportsmobile. It is still my first choice.

Excellent Deb! You've already answered most of the questions I had about the cabin in your first post update. Thanks for being on top of this event, it's going to be a blast!

OK....I have 20 tracks (garmin limit)...in 3 gdb files....so if you want to upload all of them, empty all your tracks first...

I haven't riden 100% of these, but there is a variety of terrain all over Big Bear, easy fire road stuff, and diffucult stuff...some close on south side, some on North side.....including the sweet singletrack Johnnybags, Steve and Pyro found last week (near cabin, btw -thanks for that track Pyro)....

I will also have printed maps of tracks, maps of forest roads and directions to cabin available this saturday....Something there for all levels....

Great idea to carpool, hope that works : toyhauler would be cool..if the bears come, we can all hide in there:blink: ...I'd carpool with you, but I'm going up first thing friday morning .......takes 2 1/2-3 hours to get to cabin...closest route from south would be highway 10 to 38, Right at Heartbar onto 1N02, 5 miles to cabin....

Please all keep in mind....any trailer towed counts as an additional vehicle by Nat. forest standards....we are limited to the 14 vehicles as listed on first post..........but after unloading, we can also put 2 additional vehicles over at Johnnybags yellow post, just up the road.....

Baldbeemer and I are going to bring our toybox trailer. If anyone wants to do this ride but doesn't have a truck to haul their bike up with we have plenty of room for you. If anyone wants to ride their bikes up and needs someone to haul their gear up we have plenty of room for that too. Or if anyone who's already signed up wants to carpool.

Also don't forget to get your $$$$ to DSFox if you haven't done so already. So far she's got a carne asada dinner planned for us for Friday night and pulled pork sammies with all the fixins for Saturday night. YUM!!

I'm officially set up.

YellowPost #18.

3.8 miles from the end of pavement.

(.8) from Cabin

Desrt dash shirt hanging on tent

Buju Banton Way sign by fire pit. (remnants for an annual music/camping festival)

On your left just .8 miles before the cabin.

My picturesque 'Cottage' style tent is visible on your left just off and a little above the road in a nicely raised terraced camp spot.

(Sorry, No pictures. YET)

Coolers are stocked and available for the exchange program.

Need a beer, take a beer, leave a beer.

Forestry department just raised the fire danger and stricter fire regs.

No camp fires, charcoal or wood at YellowPosts

Propane stoves: permit required

Fires still allowed at established campgrounds and I assume the pay spots like our cabin?

So far I have fairly good reception in the area. A little spotty but good. (Verizon)

619-241-3268

Johnnybags

John Arelt

Nice John....Thanks...

Wish I was up there already too.....plans coming along nicely....will shop for food and supplies early next week.....looking to be about 21 of us, 14 vehicles....not counting any day riders that come by....which I know there are a few camping elsewhere.....

Mistress and Baldbeemer will have the toyhauler....(maybe xl650bum also)......so we'll have at least one generator...and a laptop to upload gps on site....I have map packets made up of all the track files, as well as the forest roads, etc.....also they have offered to carry supplies up for those riding up....let them know....

If anyone wants better directions to get there, let me know....

REMEMBER: Everyone bring ALL the water you need, MOST of the gas you need, and all your camping gear for the weekend....stores are not nearby.....

DAY RIDERS: If you want to eat dinner with us, please let me know, so I can plan on meal numbers....

CAMPERS: I've talked to most of you, please remember to send or drop your checks off for food shopping.....

I'm hoping to be off work Friday next week, and head up early or even thursday night. Can't wait to be in the Mountains again !

The toybox has a 120 gal fresh water tank, so we will have extra if needed. (we'll only charge $5 to use the flush toilet :heh: )

The toybox has a 120 gal fresh water tank, so we will have extra if needed. (we'll only charge $5 to use the flush toilet :heh: )

How much if we don't flush?