dsfox

Big Bear Coon Cabin Weekend Adventure

Sorry, everyone I have to cancel this adventure ride due to my adventure bike will not be ready, stuck in shop:(

I'll have a spare bike. KTM 525 or XR400R

your choice.

Cancel that. KTM is acting up.

Ran great a week ago now I seem to have no compression. Kicks too easy without decomp lever depressed. Doesn't seem right.

Just got back from inspecting my tent site.

Had bear tracks in and around the campsite. Good choice not to leave any food there.

Good thing bears don;t like (liquid bread) Maker's Mark or Sierra Nevada

It was quite chilly in the shade from 5PM on.

temps this weekend should range from 60's-low 70's down to 20's in the early morning

I think We're Ready!...

myself, my son, mistress of the dual and bald beemer just completed much of the shopping for our delicious menu.....big thanks to them for all the help and they offered to store /haul all the food in their trailer..and thanks too for the secret recipe smoked pulled pork we will enjoy saturday night.....and thanks to tlking6 who is picking up the carne asada, homemade torillas, chips and the HOT salsa...at the little market near his house.....real authentic style.....It's gonna be an Awesome Weekend........See you All on Friday......give a call if you need anything....Bring your WARM version camping gear! Fall has arrived in Big Bear.......deb

we will have laptops, but mine for one does not have remote wireless, so it is only useful to upload....no email.....unless someone else has one of those fancy smancy wireless setups that runs on satelites...........someone who is coming may have that???, but not me.....sorry, deb

Deb,

I will have my fancy smancy phone with me that will tether to my not so fancy laptop. We will have internet access IF there is service.

John

Randy 530exc was the one asking regarding tracking the spot....etc.....bring it along, we can work it all out....see you Soon.

Internet, iphones and laptop at a motorcycle campout ??

C'mon now :ph34r::lol:

No TV's though....please no TV's.....:heh: can't mess with the peace of the forest.....

I'll be rockin' the iPOD and hittin' the hookah at YellowPost #18 After Hours Lounge.

Stop in for some flavorful Cherry or Blueberry shisha. Or bring your own 'special' blend.

I'll be rockin' the iPOD and hittin' the hookah at YellowPost #18 After Hours Lounge.

Stop in for some flavorful Cherry or Blueberry shisha. Or bring your own 'special' blend.

I hope my 18 year old doesnt read this. He is all about the Hookah with his buddies around the campfire. I will have to bring him too.

No TV's though....please no TV's.....:heh: can't mess with the peace of the forest.....

Somehow I doubt anyone will be complaining when I fire up the expresso machine for everyone. If you don't want want to watch my TV, fine then don't. I was going to bring the DVD of the fireplace

, since we won't be having a real fire. smiley-happy110.gif

Somehow I doubt anyone will be complaining when I fire up the expresso machine for everyone.

Reminder to self: Pitch tent next to baldbeemer

I Love IT.....:heh: ....Well the Site itself might be "no frills"....but once SDAR gets done with it....it will be pretty plush....I'm all about the expresso machine too....:D

(and my best reward for organizing COULD be if I can WEASLE [or should I say FOX] a hot shower out of one of the toyhalers at some point in the weekend....I never said I didnt' appreciate modern conveniences when camping;) )

I Love IT.....:heh: ....Well the Site itself might be "no frills"....but once SDAR gets done with it....it will be pretty plush....I'm all about the expresso machine too....:D

(and my best reward for organizing COULD be if I can WEASLE [or should I say FOX] a hot shower out of one of the toyhalers at some point in the weekend....I never said I didnt' appreciate modern conveniences when camping;) )

Hey Deb: You can crash my shower at my hotel.http://www.northwoodsresort.com I will be there Friday and Saturday

Deb

Sounds too good to miss. I just PMd KTMrad to see if I could join him & Pyro ridding up Fri avo. I will camp the night and head back Sat morn to the Pala MX. I will be self contained and try to behave :unsure: .

Regards Kiwi Wayne

This is going to be a GREAT SDAR event......kudos to Deb/John for spearheading the effort.........sorry I'm going to miss it due to family obligations........have a blast everyone!

You are, of course, welcome to all the conveniences our trailer has to offer. I'll make sure Baldbeemer doesn't charge you.

Hey Randy,

Yeah we're Hi-Tech now, I got a bar-code micro-chip embedded in my left bicept for this weekend, a video camera mounted in my left eye, and a Lexus impact sensor on my KTM when I back up.....

Bye the way, what do pine trees look like?

Randy

This is going to be a GREAT SDAR event......kudos to Deb/John for spearheading the effort.........sorry I'm going to miss it due to family obligations........have a blast everyone!

well, no great event isn't QUITE complete without You Chris.! ..We will miss you ....look forward to another event soon (probably one which YOU have planned,..as usual)....:coolio:

Have fun with all the generations visiting....That's cool also...

Deb, I already told you on the phone, if things changed and I can't get out of work in Vegas on Friday, I may not make it.

Well, it looks like they can't get anyone else to cover friday here in Vegas, so I have to stay over, which means IF I even get back into town in time to ride up Friday night, I wouldn't be up there until 11pm or midnight.........so not sure what I'm going to do yet.

My options are:

1. Not to go.

2. Ride up LATE Friday night.

3. Ride up early Saturday morning.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Work sucks, but since it's been sporadic lately, I can't pass it up and especially can't leave the company hanging without someone to cover the work.

If I don't make it, y'all have fun.

NO LAPTOPS?? Damn, how will I work?!?

If you want directions, check out THIS map.

Right click on the BLUE DOT and select 'Directions to here'

Looks like PussyCat hill is really close to the Coon Cabin. Might have to work that into the mix this weekend...

I got bit by the work thing this week too. I'll be heading up after work, but probably won't arrive until 10-11pm. Will probably just sleep in the truck Friday night :lol: .

NO LAPTOPS?? Damn, how will I work?!?

If you want directions, check out THIS map.

Right click on the BLUE DOT and select 'Directions to here'

Looks like PussyCat hill is really close to the Coon Cabin. Might have to work that into the mix this weekend...

Thank you Roger for the map. I probably would have wound up at lake Mead. Now if we could just get you to stand at the turn off from 38 with a big sign that says Coon cabin it would be perfect>

Covered in Road maps

Looks like PussyCat hill is really close to the Coon Cabin.

Pussycat hill?

viaivebeenlearninghowtumblr.gif

Thank you Roger for the map. I probably would have wound up at lake Mead. Now if we could just get you to stand at the turn off from 38 with a big sign that says Coon cabin it would be perfect>

Covered in Road maps

Oh I'll be there, right in front of the A&W in Mentone :)