shane.barton

New KLR rider excited to be here

Hello,

My name is Shane. I purchased an 09 KLR650 a month ago and am loving it. I rode years ago when I was young, then had to take a decade off because I got married. But now I am back riding agian and I am loving it all. I chose the dualsport because I like the fact that I can ride to my destinations for some off-road fun and not have to worry about burning my truck gas or mess around with trailers or loading/unloading. Looking forward to learning alot about adventure riding and hook up with some good rides.

-Shane

Welcome Shane.

Your story sound a lot like mine. I haven't owned a bike in 10 years and I just got back into it.

I ride very slow as i'm still learning about my machine.

There is a wealth of knowledge and experience on this site.

Great group of riders.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. It feels like things are falling into place for me now that I started riding again. I just finished (successfully) the MSF course today and was able to get my base decals for my bike. Now I don't have to get there 2 hours early for a decent parking sopt or have to walk forever if I get there on time. I also was able to get the M class endorsement for my lisence so now i can legally drive the freeways, ride after dark, and have passangers (woohoo!!) Great things in store!!

Shane,

You are in the right spot to find rides and riders to fit your goals. Welcome back! I took 13 years off and got back in the dirt just over a year ago. From being associated with this site, I have ridden...

To the Grand Canyon,

In the high desert touring experimental aircraft crash sites,

Northern Arizona,

The Desert Dash,

Otay Mtn,

Palomar Mtn,

....and more local rides than I can remember.

I've learned a ton in a year (although it doesn't show). :(

Great group here.

Welcome Shane...always plenty going on here as far as rides, knowledge, experience, etc......and some pretty good entertainment when there isn't anything on tv.....

Now you just need to get the wife a bike!

Welcome Shane. Good group here but don't trust anyone riding a bike less than 30 years old. Especially watch out for the KTM crowd. They sometimes disguise their orange bikes by painting them black. :(

don't trust anyone riding a bike less than 30 years old.

unless its a Husky of course

Welcome Shane. Good group here but don't trust anyone riding a bike less than 30 years old. Especially watch out for the KTM crowd. They sometimes disguise their orange bikes by painting them black. :)

Ha! Funny you should say that. My boss at work rides a KTM and when I told him I had a KLR the first thing out of his mouth was: (spoken with a thick soutern draw) "Ya shoulda gotten a KTM!!"

Oh well, to me it doesn't matter what brand of bike you ride. The most important thing is being out on the roads and trails enjoying the experience.

Welcome! I just joined not too long ago, great group of guys. Don't get flats like bikeslut, don't sing like fakename, don't drift like me, and have fun on your bike!

Are you the guy in ocean beach that i talked to?

Anyways ,, welcome to the site i have a couple klrs, lets ride

only warning tho, Im VERY SLOW

Are you the guy in ocean beach that i talked to?

Anyways ,, welcome to the site i have a couple klrs, lets ride

only warning tho, Im VERY SLOW

That could have been me...