Crawdaddy

EXC 450 vs. WR250R - huh?

i have read most of that thread over the last couple of months.

i personally have no problem with someone sharing what it is they like about THEIR bike, and even explaining what things they dont like about other bikes, if they have any REAL knowledge of that model.

but just bashing is so stupid.

my ktm is the worlds greatest your yami sucks....so jr high.

i can see the value of almost every bike on the market. they all have pros and cons. higher performance and lower weight= higher maintnance and more expense...little heavier and lower to decent performance= longer life and affordable prices. and so on.

someone mentioned earlier that advrider is not as friendly as here because most of them will never meet up in person and that here people tend to have better forum manners.

i completely agree...why do manners need to turn to crap just because you may never meet someone in person. i like it here in sdar...whether i meet someone or not, manners are good here ;):good:

I decided not to fight with anyone but myself about which bikes are best so I have a very psychotic selection of everything in the garage.

It's impossible to sort between the colors and the garage isn't big enough to keep them in their own corner.

It's easy. The way I do it is pick a helmet out before I go to the garage, and that's which bike I ride that day.

enjoy the ride no matter ya brung!!! just dont ride Chinese or....... forget it ride whatever ya want!! Just have safe fun doin it!!! R

+1

EXC 450 vs. WR250R

Back to the title of the thread... Now I don't have to choose - I'll have one of each..

===============================================

20008 Yamaha 250 Street Legal - $3000 (Ramona)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-08-08, 8:59AM PDT

Reply to: sale-ucjrk-1887255434@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bike is in perfect condition

Has approx.8,600 miles

I purchased this bike new in 2008 for close to $9,000! (OUCH)

It ID is YZWR250 RX

It is street legal and fuel injected.

Recently serviced and registered

Price is firm.

20008 Yamaha 250 Street Legal - $3000

Nice find Fred.....man, wish I would've found a deal like that a year ago!!!.......then I'd still have my (now Strega's) 620......hopefully I'll figure out a way to hold onto my EXC 520......though I could use the cash to finance some ADV rides on the WR250R......decisions, decisions.....I still bleed Orange so it would be tough for me to not have both bikes in the stable.....especially in the winter months.....

Thanks Roger,

Wasn't really looking hard - but stumbled onto that CL ad and couldn't say no.

Its really clean, has new tires - like brand new, new chain, new battery (from sitting too long), tagged until 08/2011.

He just paid off the loan on the bike - so right now he as a few hundred for holding and I'll pay the rest when he gets the title in a week or so.

It'll need a few farkles as its box stock -- need bark busters, skid plate, some disc protection, and maybe some handlebar streamers.

/Fred

I can not ever get by 4 or 5 comments on alot of Adv Riders and Thumper Talk forums. Seems a few too many posers, I mean posters have more riding experience then Malcolm Smith, more bikes than most dealerships, a bank account that rivals Oprah's and faster then Bubba ever dreamed of being. You see threads like this all the time: "I can get a good deal on this Ferrari, or buy a new Ford F-350 for less money, which one should I buy???" Then people start fighting over which one is best. The F-350 guy will say he smokes Ferrari's all the time and not to be out done, the Ferrarri owner will tell how he is always pulling F-350's out of the mud (with the 65 foot toy hauler still hitched up). You just want to tell them to stop playing Dungouns and Dragons get outta mom's basement and join society.

I'm a noob rider, when I am looking for information I don't need some shmo talking how he does back-flips on his Electra Glide giving me tech tips and bike information. My 2 cents.

I ride a big fast bike and I am a little, slow rider, and almost always last when I ride in a group. I am fine with that, I just love to ride and have fun with people that want the same.

I think you will find this a pretty congenial group. Mostly older local riders with a common interest, dual sport adventure riding. Some are interested in racing and others long distance off road touring. I raced Huskys in open desert with my brother for 25 years but have no interest in riding like that anymore. I am past my prime, ride vintage Honda XL's and now want to enjoy the scenery and outdoors when riding. There are others like myself in this group. Let me know when you would like to do a short North County ride sometime.

Don

I can not ever get by 4 or 5 comments on alot of Adv Riders and Thumper Talk forums. Seems a few too many posers, I mean posters have more riding experience then Malcolm Smith, more bikes than most dealerships, a bank account that rivals Oprah's and faster then Bubba ever dreamed of being. You see threads like this all the time: "I can get a good deal on this Ferrari, or buy a new Ford F-350 for less money, which one should I buy???" Then people start fighting over which one is best. The F-350 guy will say he smokes Ferrari's all the time and not to be out done, the Ferrarri owner will tell how he is always pulling F-350's out of the mud (with the 65 foot toy hauler still hitched up). You just want to tell them to stop playing Dungouns and Dragons get outta mom's basement and join society.

I'm a noob rider, when I am looking for information I don't need some shmo talking how he does back-flips on his Electra Glide giving me tech tips and bike information. My 2 cents.

I ride a big fast bike and I am a little, slow rider, and almost always last when I ride in a group. I am fine with that, I just love to ride and have fun with people that want the same.

on the big forums, they never have to back up their posts... there is an anonymity to them

most of us know each other personally, or within two degrees of separation... very few posers here; what you see is what you get. It also helps keep attitudes in check (except mine... I'm incorrigible)

I think you will find this a pretty congenial group. Mostly older local riders with a common interest, dual sport adventure riding. Some are interested in racing and others long distance off road touring. I raced Huskys in open desert with my brother for 25 years but have no interest in riding like that anymore. I am past my prime, ride vintage Honda XL's and now want to enjoy the scenery and outdoors when riding. There are others like myself in this group. Let me know when you would like to do a short North County ride sometime.

Don

Speaking of congenial, I still want to get that old Husky out on the dry lake bed to get a top speed run.

that is why I joined the site here, I read the posts first. I also am a member of the Orange County Dualies. I'm not trying to impress anyone and I do not need anyone trying to impress me. I also belong to the honda CRF 230L website for the same reason. Good honest people. I noticed a friendly mature crowd that love riding not a bunch of kids pretending to be Bubba Stewart. :coolio:

I taught Bubba everything he knows....

...about Krylon Fusion flat black paint.

That paint works pretty good, till you go off road. I used it on my 03 KTM, looks awesome if you don't fall down, which I happen to do alot of.

Inquiring minds want to know. Who is shorter Zenosan or Papa Smurf ? :D

Short, Old and Slow. That about describes us.

Nice to have a home for such folks.

If I could only have one bike, I think I would have a lot more fun with the 250 than the 525. Riding the 250 would let me keep the illusion that I could ride a lot harder, the 525 would be a constant reminder that I'm old and slow. It's the same reason that I stopped dating Italian super models, Hollywood starlets, and Olympic gymnasts, I'm sure many of you guys have done the same.

If I could only have one bike, I think I would have a lot more fun with the 250 than the 525. Riding the 250 would let me keep the illusion that I could ride a lot harder, the 525 would be a constant reminder that I'm old and slow. It's the same reason that I stopped dating Italian super models, Hollywood starlets, and Olympic gymnasts, I'm sure many of you guys have done the same.

Italian super models have always been too tall for me. But I have a bunch of 250s.

I am 5 foot 1 inch on a good day. Age wise, I'm only 43 three years young. If I am shorter then Zenosan what do I win?

I am 5 foot 1 inch on a good day. Age wise, I'm only 43 three years young. If I am shorter then Zenosan what do I win?

You win Papa, I am 5'7" but I am still much older. I was 25 when you were born. My wife is 4'11", does that count?

this has to be the weirdest hi-jacking ever... from bikes to couple-heights...

lemieux; I hear you about the 250... mine was an absolute blast; keep the revs up, and it rewards you with it's light weight and great suspension

get surprised by a steep sandy climb and you feel like an idiot...the lacking of grunt (and a plate) is the only reason I got rid of mine. And I still think of it fondly

My 450 stills wows me,,, as in "wow... this bike is better than I deserve" I'll never ride it to it's potential