bikeslut

flagstaff, sedona, crown king

out of AZ, or out for either Thursday???

Sorry for the confusion. This Thurs good. Next bad.

Cool- well if you and Jon want to get together on Thursday, by all means...I pm'd him my general outline which I'll share here

Sedona or prescott for a side trip on the first day; leaning to sedona since one of the participants has family there

After that ride, drive the rest of the way to flag, and set up camp- I'll share my menu with everyone, and people can make other arrangements if they don't like my taste in food the first two nights- simple breakfasts and lunch...nice dinners; seafood and filet are my preferences

out of AZ, or out for either Thursday???

Sorry for the confusion. This Thurs good. Next bad.

Yo if I do a flyby can I get some grub? 8-]

HPIM0053.jpg

Troy; if riding out to Sedona or Flagstaff is a fly by, you are TOO hard core... but yeah; grub is all yours

Going for a new record 4-5 guys 4-5 days 3months planning 100+ responses 2000+ site visits

JUST GO RIDE

Going for a new record 4-5 guys 4-5 days 3months planning 100+ responses 2000+ site visits

Sometimes having a good solid plan beats flying by the seat of your pants.

JUST GO RIDE

I count 6 guys, 5 days, and two months... and I just added a post.... and we have a month to go...

I think the X-plane ride takes the cake on planning overkill. Two threads, started 2 months before the trip, one thread with 160 replies and 4900 views and the other with 192 replies and 5200 views.

Although my first Beach to River post I made a year before the actual trip and that one whopped up an impressive 114 replies with 5400 views.

I personally would just like to load up and go. But some guys in this group wanna drag the sht out and on.....

Ya gotta love em for that though,

JB

I've wanted to ride that area for years so I'm about 75% in. This is a street legal thing ?

from what I can gather, the Coconino National Forest requires a plate and sparkies... So; the short answer is yes...

anybody that has NOT gone to doodle, please do so... it'll help me keep track, and post less... ok... that last part was a lie

http://www.doodle.com/mk5ax9dg5aceybt6

This is a street legal thing ?

Not sure what the gang has planned but the various tracks/routes I've posted would require a plate......

Things are changing for me so at this point I'm going to have to back out of this trip. I'm about 90% out with a 10% chance of making it so I guess you should count me out. As time gets closer I will know if I can go and will tag along with whatever the group is doing. Sorry to be changing my plans on everybody but even more sorry that I can't make the trip.

Ozzy is on his way to Utah so lets keep this thread going so he wil have something to read when he gets home. :rolleyes::blink:;)

Anybody know the avg temps for Sedona and Prescott for lateSept? I'd love to tour Sedona, I don't know much about Prescott, tours would be temperature permtting of course. Bob we could always plan to go back to Prescott/Sedona in a few months if it's too hot.

Jon

Sept in Sedona average hi 88 low 58

Sept in Prescott average hi 86 low 56

Since it is near the end of Sept, I would say average is going to be 3 or 4 degrees cooler, both highs and lows.

Things are changing for me so at this point I'm going to have to back out of this trip. I'm about 90% out with a 10% chance of making it so I guess you should count me out. As time gets closer I will know if I can go and will tag along with whatever the group is doing. Sorry to be changing my plans on everybody but even more sorry that I can't make the trip.

Ozzy is on his way to Utah so lets keep this thread going so he wil have something to read when he gets home. :rolleyes::blink:;)

yeah, I'm about 90% out as well. Just too much stuff going on in September. October is looking really good for a multi day trip to Gorman\Los Padres however!

if everybody can just update the doodle thingamajig, we can keep track... sounds like we're back to two vehicles, which works well anyway...

edit- aug 28

just got off the phone with trophy- if nobody has any issues, we plan on taking ken's toybox with one or two bikes behind his truck, and his flatbed trailer behind my truck with the rest of the bikes... that way we have his stove, sink, shower and roof should we need it, and still don't tax the vehicles and gas too much

Paul/Jon- you are welcome to take my truck in to town whenever you want after we unhook the trailer.

Hi Ozzy!! More plannig going on; hope you're enjoying Utah!

You might want to search the internet for Jeep trails in Sedona........there are lots of them out there that would be fun to ride.

sorry.....I am not going to look for you. cause I don't get to go.....sooooo THERE! :lol:

I hear the jeep trails (follow the pink jeeps) are everywhere...

I am ordering a 4x4 book for Arizona (I have the Ca version already) the CA version has all the stuff in OW, Superstition, Lark and Corral, so I'll assume the AZ book is as complete.

Barring that, we just go up 89A, and wait for the pink jeeps to pass us, and we follow them!

Not so fast. The pink jeeps frequently operate under special-use permits.