hd09t.png

hd09u.png

stream crossing Baja Mex Mar09 , 2008 Husqvarna TXC450, robertaccio

water and dirt (mud) is easier than water and slick rocks

For videos, click High Quality (HQ) in bottom right of screen

(25 seconds deep pond)

(43 seconds big puddles)

I'll play.....

Jarrett / Bass Lake 250 stream crossing....

JarrettSplash.jpg

Me at Pinnacles in 08 on a Digug ride, crossing some COLD water on the KDX. It snowed later that day.

img1641smallgz4.jpg

and in 07 with Peanut The Bike.

l_7429830b41347678bc02dc8be7e13fac.jpg

Craw, BS and I were talking about that place, Brad- where is it? I rode it about 6 weeks ago- Todd took us there, but I can;t remember.

Craw, BS and I were talking about that place, Brad- where is it? I rode it about 6 weeks ago- Todd took us there, but I can;t remember.

thats coyote canyon north of borrego springs, its part of anza borrego.

Brad I use to drive my jeep through there about 25 years ago but then they closed it. :) When did it get reopened?

Was the bottom rocky?

Brad I use to drive my jeep through there about 25 years ago but then they closed it. :) When did it get reopened?

Was the bottom rocky?

there are various gates so that they can close sections off. I think, but not 100%, they open the gates seasonally maybe? Even when its open now you can't drive from borrego springs to anza but apparently you used to be able to go all the way through (before my time). Now you get half way through and turn around. It really is a beautiful area. No rocks in the crossing, but it gets pretty deep in the middle. There is a bypass for wimps on the right side of the river...

I was just there (Coyote Canyon) last weekend in the Jeep and did that water crossing and drove all the way up to the end and back.

The sign that's up there now says that it will be closed starting June 1 for a couple months to protect the water rights of the mountain goats or something like that.

The bottom of the water crossing is rocky, not muddy. There were a couple larger rocks hidden in there that might catch you out on a bike if you didn't see them, but not bad really. Was maybe a foot to 14" deep - just up past the bottom of the frame on my '09 Wranger Rubicon, however high that is.

I was just there (Coyote Canyon) last weekend in the Jeep and did that water crossing and drove all the way up to the end and back.

The sign that's up there now says that it will be closed starting June 1 for a couple months to protect the water rights of the mountain goats or something like that.

The bottom of the water crossing is rocky, not muddy. There were a couple larger rocks hidden in there that might catch you out on a bike if you didn't see them, but not bad really. Was maybe a foot to 14" deep - just up past the bottom of the frame on my '09 Wranger Rubicon, however high that is.

Back when I use to go there they would close the creek in the summer to provide water and a quiet habitat for the mountain goats. Then they closed it year round for the same reason, water for the goats. They said that oil from vehicles was getting into the water and could hurt the mountain goats. If I remember correctly we were able to drive all the way through. But it has been a long time so I’m not sure anymore.

I do remember it being a bit rocky. That is why I asked about the rocks. I would think that the rocks might throw the bike down. But again it has been a long time and my memory could be faulty.

It’s great that they have started to open it again. It was a very beautiful place. We don’t have a lot of areas like it that we can drive here in Southern California.

Brad thanks for the photos, it brings back some very pleasant memories for me.

I do remember it being a bit rocky. That is why I asked about the rocks. I would think that the rocks might throw the bike down.

It’s great that they have started to open it again. It was a very beautiful place. We don’t have a lot of areas like it that we can drive here in Southern California.

I drove through a couple of weeks ago in my Jeep. It is rocky. The problem is not the rocks so much as not being able to see the rocks in the muddy water. If you went through on a bike first thing in the morning before anybody else went through, you could see what is under the surface.

100_1655.jpg

Mimi...you have too many toys. You are a kick. :o

No, I don't. I just don't have enough money! :blink::)

Water crossing (well, riding down the creek) at Escondido Creek in 1984 at about sundown on a 84 Honda XR200R.

5-10-200942709PM.jpg

Found another water/mud crossing from days gone by. A desert enduro at Superstition in January of 1988. In those days, I actually went fast enough with the help of Bentley the KDX (seen here in white trim) to win trophies. :)

Slimy good fun. :)

Bentleyintheenduro.jpg

I hope that the classic Bentley went to a good home.

I ended up with A) a decent, but now after much attention (fork rebuild,linkage re-pack,PV and topend rebuild, flywheel weight,jetting) good 97RM125, for son14

:) A great 01TTR125L better now with good jetting and BBR intake mod with PC pipe, daughter14

C) Basket case 97 XR100 that is about 95% done with intake mod and older WB pipe,daughter16

I hope that the classic Bentley went to a good home.

I'm fairly certain that Bentley is living the life of leisure these days.

I posted a couple of video's of Jarrett crossing the creek at the Big Sandy campground (near Bass Lake) a couple of years ago......here they are again.....makes me wish I still had my 400EXC (the bike he's on in these videos)

Jarrett's initial Stream Crossing at Big Sandy CG

Jarrett crossing back over, wheelie, crossing - followed by Anthony crossing