boat440

Quick Start Motorcycle Showdown

I'm sensing a "Quick Start" showdown is in order. The gloves are off.

The winner (who starts fastest from dead cold) gets bragging rights forever and ever.

Is this a team or individual competition? <250CC and >250CC categories?

Who wants to be captain? Who wants to be referee?

Future Olympic event?

I'm in with the trusty DRZ adventure bike. Finally a motorcycle competition I may be good at :unsure: . Ken

Help......please stop the insanity :unsure::lol:

I think that's a quote from some movie also.

Help......please stop the insanity :unsure::lol:

I think that's a quote from some movie also.

Susan Powter...

14.1993.powter.jpg

The winner (who starts fastest from dead cold) gets bragging rights forever and ever.

Future Olympic event?

I'm game on with my KTM! It starts instantly everytime, cold or not. My Husky however goes a couple turns first before she fires.

Future Olympic event?

I have a one kick Honda XL250r that should beat any button - no contest here.

If you guys want a contest - how about a vintage Husky 390 2 stroke? No compression release here, and left side kick start to boot. Or how about an 87 Honda Xl600r?

Don

Since my Husky usually starts easily with either the button or the kickstarter, it wins no matter what. :wacko:

I'll enter with the 250 and immediately finish last, but first in the "tow to start" category. :wacko:

I could start the DRZ before you swung a leg over the 600R

The contest is YOU have to start my 600r and I start your DRZ.

For a real showdown how about we drop our bikes and then try to start them. 2 STROKES rule.

:wacko:

For a real showdown how about we drop our bikes and then try to start them. 2 STROKES rule.

RIGHT???!! Any CR500's out there?

from the napping position, you're right! For extreme flickability; you're right! For lightweight power; you're right!

For half the year, you are stuck to private property

How about we make the e-starts take a hard fall, crack a battery, loose all the battery acid in the middle of nowhere then see who actually makes it back. To make it even more interesting we can make them crack a radiator and loose all coolant too.

Air Cooled and Kickstarts Rule

How about we make the e-starts take a hard fall, crack a battery, loose all the battery acid in the middle of nowhere then see who actually makes it back. To make it even more interesting we can make them crack a radiator and loose all coolant too.

using that philosophy, Fred Flintstone had the best car EVER!

Better have points and magneto also, just to make it fun.

using that philosophy, Fred Flintstone had the best car EVER!

Philosophy?

Now you are on my turf - I earn my living as a Philosophy Professor.

"Zen-o-san" = Zen Sensei

"There is elegance and beauty in simplicity."

"Seek Simplexity but distrust it".

Don

Yes - there are no diodes to blow in the field.

:wacko:

For half the year, you are stuck to private property

Not me. I have a Green Sticker two stroke. I also have a Green Sticker on my freezer in the garage but that's another story.

:angry:

Explanation;

Diodes in the CDI can easily be blown with one little short - no ignition from then on.

Diodes in the CDI can easily be blown with one little short - no ignition from then on.

Not a common occurrence, luckily.

Not a common occurrence, luckily.

Yes, but it once happened to me about 35 miles from camp. It was a 78 Husky 250 with Motoplat ignition. The insulation on the wires comming out of the stator wore through and shorted the CDI. Eventually got towed back and had to replace the CDI. If it had been points and magneto I think I could have fixed it in the field.