PastaPilot

Tell Me It'll Be OK!

New Year's Day, Superstition Mountain, pole line road, whoop-de-does. :lol::lol:

From the top

DSC00258.jpg

A shot from the bottom

DSC00261.jpg

Oh yeah, this too

DSC00260.jpg

Yes Roger knew about this shortly after it happened. I am absolutely amazed by this. I know I bottomed out the suspension, but it certainly didn't feel this bad. At best I can deduce, when the suspension ran out of travel the shock mounts broke and then the added travel caused the shock shaft to snap off right at the top of the lower clevis. Anybody have or have any friends with parts discounts?

Dolphins make the stress go away! This is cool!!

Sorry to hear about the break, that's never fun at all.

Wow. You take the holiday break seriously.....

I can't tell from the images- is the damage limited to the shock?

p

Total bummer. Does not look like a cheep and easy fix. At least you will get a chance to grease the swingarm bearings. I don't know about parts, but I would not only talk to dealers but suspension shops too. Good luck. Ken

Wow. You take the holiday break seriously.....

I can't tell from the images- is the damage limited to the shock?

p

I know my pictures are terrible, or is it just that the shock mounts are so small you can barely see them. Either way, I think the shock mounts broke first.

Here's a better picture of the shock mounts

DSC00263.jpg

Don't misunderstand, I'm not dissing your images, I just don't know my way around the bike. Are you saying the shock MOUNTS broke? Like where the shock bolts to the swingarm and the bike's frame? Or merely (hah!) the ends of the shock.

One would require a shock replacement, the other? Swingarm? Frame?

in that last pic, is that the swing arm bolt on the lower right and, what appears to be a broken mount mid center lower???

should those go together???

if so, holy geebers?!?!?!?

i think those whoopdie-do's are now whoopdie-don'ts!! :lol:

Blind :lol:

Never good. Good luck with the fix!

Watch the Dolphin stampede over and over..... :lol:

Don't misunderstand, I'm not dissing your images, I just don't know my way around the bike. Are you saying the shock MOUNTS broke? Like where the shock bolts to the swingarm and the bike's frame? Or merely (hah!) the ends of the shock.

One would require a shock replacement, the other? Swingarm? Frame?

No misunderstanding, the picture wasn't at a good angle to see the broken parts. Looking for just the shock shaft to fix the shock. The frame is steel and hopefully some good friends will be able to repair and fortify the weak factory piece.

in that last pic, is that the swing arm bolt on the lower right and, what appears to be a broken mount mid center lower???

should those go together???

if so, holy geebers?!?!?!?

i think those whoopdie-do's are now whoopdie-don'ts!! :lol:

Blind :lol:

I've already removed the shock and linkage in the last photo but from the right of the photo is the swingarm mount the linkage would connect the swingarm to the frame (broken) and the shock (on the ground).

thats some serious van damage... disconnect the battery vefore any welding takes place... (uh; gas from the tank, too) I know some bikes dont have any problems with welding with the battery in place, but some do...

and like you said... it will be stronger than before... still... damn

Warranty?

Even if not, Husky may fix it in good faith - You were using the bike for its intended purpose, not abusing it (it sounds like) and the part failed. It's obviously a manufacturing defect. Heck, you could have lost control at speed and have been seriously hurt...

I'd pursue that angle on it... (or get your pops to since he's the owner). You want that part of the machine fixed right for sure!!!

Good luck...

That should buff right out...

:unsure:

That's right -- It'll be OK! Just buy one of these spare bike (DR650, KLR650, XL650) and ride it while you fix your Husky. Then it will be fun to take it apart and fix it right.

I'd pursue that angle on it... (or get your pops to since he's the owner). You want that part of the machine fixed right for sure!!!

Good luck...

Wow, Dug........them be fightin' words......you callin' Roger "Pops" ?? :unsure::lol::lol:

Good luck...

Wow, Dug........them be fightin' words......you callin' Roger "Pops" ?? :unsure::lol::lol:

I guess I'm really just jealous is all... My dad's not into motorcycles so I don't have a loaner bike that I can go break...

peepwallun9.gif

(just teasing ya guys...)

(really...)

(don't get mad...)

Damn dawg, this is too painful to even think about. But I agree with DigDug. If you were supercrossing then any warranty is probably invalid, but since it seems like an obvious manufacturing flaw, it's worth a try. If they are good peoples maybe they'll send you parts, or possibly give you a whole bike+sposorship to go win Baja1000 for them. :unsure:

Either way good luck amigo.

Damn dawg, this is too painful to even think about. But I agree with DigDug. If you were supercrossing then any warranty is probably invalid, but since it seems like an obvious manufacturing flaw, it's worth a try. If they are good peoples maybe they'll send you parts, or possibly give you a whole bike+sposorship to go win Baja1000 for them. :unsure:

Either way good luck amigo.

The warranty has been over by about 2.5 times. It is possible that they will work with you, but I would be very surprised if they did.

New Year's Day, Superstition Mountain, pole line road, whoop-de-does. :unsure::lol:

I am absolutely amazed by this. I know I bottomed out the suspension, but it certainly didn't feel this bad. At best I can deduce, when the suspension ran out of travel the shock mounts broke and then the added travel caused the shock shaft to snap off right at the top of the lower clevis. Anybody have or have any friends with parts discounts?

Darn!! Sorry about what happened to your bike. Too bad it is way past warranty.... what a minute...who's bike? :lol:

Good luck...

Wow, Dug........them be fightin' words......you callin' Roger "Pops" ?? :lol::lol::o

I guess I'm really just jealous is all... My dad's not into motorcycles so I don't have a loaner bike that I can go break...

peepwallun9.gif

(just teasing ya guys...)

(really...)

(don't get mad...)

Doug I don't know who slit your tires, no really, I don't. peepwallun9.gif:unsure:

New Year's Day, Superstition Mountain, pole line road, whoop-de-does. :unsure::lol:

I am absolutely amazed by this. I know I bottomed out the suspension, but it certainly didn't feel this bad. At best I can deduce, when the suspension ran out of travel the shock mounts broke and then the added travel caused the shock shaft to snap off right at the top of the lower clevis. Anybody have or have any friends with parts discounts?

Darn!! Sorry about what happened to your bike. Too bad it is way past warranty.... what a minute...who's bike? :lol:

Jon; roger is going to ground you for a month!