KTMrad

My Christmas Present & Street Ride (Pix Posted)

OK, y'all have too much time on your hands.........I'll post a few pix tonight when I get home.

THIS TEASER WAS REALLY CRUEL!!!

Give it up Mr. Prez :)

(Even though I already know... Oh yeah, that's right... I know!!!)

hey randy i'm gonna let the cat out of the bag soon i can't keep it in anymore. Remember i heard you on the phone at the el cortez lol

hey randy i'm gonna let the cat out of the bag soon i can't keep it in anymore. Remember i heard you on the phone at the el cortez lol

Randy is going to give us his TAT ride report first! :)

SuMo or RC8- what else could it be?

I'll leaning towards the latter, but either would be a lot of fun...

OK, here ya go.......

I took a drive up to Victorville last Sunday, Cajon Pass and the surrounding mountains had a lot of snow.

442845573_urqEN-M.jpg

442845605_kAwWg-M.jpg

Continued to see a friend at the local shop up there, where he's General Manager.

442845652_4ViD7-M.jpg

My friend Dave, I used to roadrace with him at Willow Springs and haven't seen him for a long time, was great to see him....he used to be GM at San Diego Harley.

442845951_gBtD4-M.jpg

I saw this new XR1200R on the floor............

442845764_r3dbB-M.jpg

442845701_xHmEz-M.jpg

And decided since it was orange, I just had to have one....... :angry::blink:

442845879_xwwsw-M.jpg

Actually, I ordered one of 750 made for the US the first round, from a shop in Las Vegas. They told me it would be in January or February, so I was thinking maybe March. Well, much to my surprise I got a call a week later, saying my bike just came off the truck in Vegas. I ordered it in Vegas because I was told it might be months before the California models would be approved. I delayed picking the bike up in Vegas a week, and during that week, one of Dave's sales guys from Victorville Harley called me and said they had a CA bike on the floor and the guy who ordered it bailed on the deal, so I figured better to buy from my friend's shop and also buy a CA bike so I wouldn't have to deal with Nevada registered bike.

Finally Harley has built a bike that has some good performance and handling characteristics and 90 HP. I also got a full 7 year warranty on it.

Here's a few more from when I had it on display at my house and my friend's came over for bike night.

442850735_BHNCN-M.jpg

442850687_itD8h-M.jpg

442850601_Zso5x-M.jpg

442850538_AVfpY-M.jpg

442850529_kH9DT-M.jpg

Merry Christmas to me, and to y'all !!

Now I'm dieing to get it out on the twisties, the bike is supposed to work pretty good. BTW, it has Dunlop Qualifiers on it, and the rear is a 180......same size as most sportbikes. Now I can't wait to smoke some sportbikes on this thing :o

Wow! Everything I read said they weren't coming (staying in) to the US. Glad to see I'm not as updated as I thought. Outstanding reviews. Congrats and have fun!

They were made in England for Europe in 2006, they just released a few weeks ago that they were coming here......and they arrived A LOT sooner than expected.......I'm happy !!

So.... now when are you going to make some time to bring that thing over here so I can check it out and make sure it's "Bonified" :angry:

Good on ya!

Any Time- Anywhere..... Me Casa_Su Casa Bro!

It will look just fine with me trying to keep up with you on the twisties on my VMax.... but then again... you might loose me in the twisties but you will have to show me what it's got down deep to make up for it in the straightaways :blink:

NICE bike, let's ride soon!

Aaron

That's a beautiful lookin bike Randy!! I never thought I'd say that about a Harley btw.

That's a beautiful lookin bike Randy!! I never thought I'd say that about a Harley btw.

Me neither......... ;);)

Guys on the D37 site are already helping me with my next dualsport project :D

harleyxr1200s1.jpg

After this weekend's riding, I can tell you the bike handles damn good in the twisties.....each twisty road makes me like the bike more and more each time.

Found this today and I could not help myself and laugh my ass off when I saw it.

I thought of your post here and just had to have a little fun and share it with you and the rest here... :lol:

Seriously, I like the music so much I added it to my MP3 player to listen to next time I ride! B)

CHEERS!