bikeslut

whats your line of work?

I lived in Gutay for a few weeks, think i was drunk....

there's meetings for that

Profession: Real Estate; I manage some commercial office properties in Sorrento Mesa and Del Mar for an institutional real estate management company.

Family: Great wife and a hilarious 3-year old daughter.

Riding: I got a Honda MR50 when I was eight and rode every chance I could for a couple of years until the parents split and the bikes were sold. My family moved to CA, from GA, and for 22 yrs I thought about dirt bikes. After years of thinking about it, I purchased a '97 CR250 in '99. I liked the sport so much that I purchased 10 acres in Ramona, met my wife, and built a house and a track. Having the track was great - besides being able to ride when ever I wanted, it saved so much time not having to load/unload and travel to go riding. I purchased a new '05 CRF450R and rode that around the track for a couple of years until we decided to move to Carmel Valley to save the commute time and improve the quality of life for our family. We were traveling to/from work in the dark and only got to see the house on the weekends. It was tough giving up the track, but it definitely improved our quality of life after having our daughter. I now work 3 miles from the office and our family spends more time together as a result. While it was my idea to move closer to work, giving up the track provided me with weekly "riding" rights - which I try to use. The 450's red-sticker limited the riding options so I purchased a '08 KTM 530EXC in June and have been happy ever since, even happier now that I'm running a FN stator cover.

Matt

I guess since I'm mentioned in the opening post, I'm almost required to add my little bio. :D I fall into the group that wasn't allowed to have a dirt bike when I was a kid, they were too dangerous (The 110 and 185 ATCs with no suspension were OK though, go figure) Rode some quads for a couple of years during he 90's, but got out of that mostly for financial reasons. I never really rode on a bike until I bought my WR earlier this year.

As far as work, I worked at the City Lakes in high school and then several boat dealerships in San Diego over the next 10 years after that. I got burned out of working on boats instead of being out on them playing, and got a job at a local utility company as a helper in the garage because I did not have the proper certifications to be a mechanic there. :lol: The garage worked nights and I couldn't stand it so I moved to equipment operations, and played helper to the operators for a while until I finally got over to the electric department where I went through a 3 year apprenticeship, and made journeyman lineman about a year ago.

I also volunteer at the Wildlife Research Institute with an ongoing study of the golden Eagles in San Diego County. I started carrying a backpack for a while until they found out I had a little rock climbing experience, then they started pushing off cliffs to retrieve the chicks from the nest so we could band and tag them. I also am trying to help with the tracking of the birds that we put VHF transmitters on when I can find the time.

Great thread, keep 'em coming!

Got a Yamaha 80 and put a open pipe on it at the age of 13, 46 years later I've matured enough that I now HATE loud bikes. Basically Ive riden since then except for my years in rehab, neck, back, ankle, lower back, shoulder, big time knee, and some alcohol and substance abusing, it was mandatory in those days. I became unemployable at the age of 26 (attitude) so I got a contractors license and started building houses. Two years ago, with the collapse of the housing market, my cushy job as the CEO, CFO, President, Treasurer, and Secretary of my own 1 man real estate development corporation was eliminated in a corporate downsizing maneuver. Since then I've been sitting around in a shell shocked daze punctuated with bouts of dirt bike riding, mountain biking, hiking, and touring the southwest with my wife.

I guess since I'm mentioned in the opening post, I'm almost required to add my little bio. :D I fall into the group that wasn't allowed to have a dirt bike when I was a kid, they were too dangerous (The 110 and 185 ATCs with no suspension were OK though, go figure) Rode some quads for a couple of years during he 90's, but got out of that mostly for financial reasons. I never really rode on a bike until I bought my WR earlier this year.

As far as work, I worked at the City Lakes in high school and then several boat dealerships in San Diego over the next 10 years after that. I got burned out of working on boats instead of being out on them playing, and got a job at a local utility company as a helper in the garage because I did not have the proper certifications to be a mechanic there. :D The garage worked nights and I couldn't stand it so I moved to equipment operations, and played helper to the operators for a while until I finally got over to the electric department where I went through a 3 year apprenticeship, and made journeyman lineman about a year ago.

I also volunteer at the Wildlife Research Institute with an ongoing study of the golden Eagles in San Diego County. I started carrying a backpack for a while until they found out I had a little rock climbing experience, then they started pushing off cliffs to retrieve the chicks from the nest so we could band and tag them. I also am trying to help with the tracking of the birds that we put VHF transmitters on when I can find the time.

Great thread, keep 'em coming!

Are you a lineman at SDG&E???

I also am trying to help with the tracking of the birds that we put VHF transmitters on when I can find the time.

Huh.

So those of us with radios- if we had the right frequency, we could talk with the birds?

Huh.

So those of us with radios- if we had the right frequency, we could talk with the birds?

You don't talk to the birds already? Dude you're missing out.

For the last 12 years I have been here at Paramount Gasket, a small gasket manufacturing plant here in Vista. We make thousands of different kinds of gaskets for the military and private sector.

I grew up on a ranch in Montana. Was riding horses from the time I could walk, but it was motorcycles that really interested me. Got my first, a Honda 90 when I was 10. When I was in high school I built a couple of tracks on our property, a long track several miles long with huge jumps and a shorter tighter grass track in the woods. Went through several Honda’s and a Yamaha, my favorite was a 1975 Honda Elsinore 250MT (dual sport).

After high school I didn’t ride dirt bikes much for 30 years. I was at my 30 year high school reunion, and a good friend and old riding buddy said he got back into dirt riding with his kids. He told me it was even more fun now than when we were kids. When I got back here I bought a used DRZ, joined SDAR and have been having a blast ever since.

In the 80’s did a tour in the Marine Corps. I was a QAR in VMFA323 for our squadron of F/A18’s on board the USS Corral Sea when we bombed Libya during operation El Dorado Canyon in 1986.

I have a beautiful wife and 8 year old daughter that I spend most of my time with when I am not out riding with you guys.

If you want to know more, we will have to talk about it over a beer or two :D .

Ken

Ooh-rah

My dad was the CO of VMA-134 at El Toro when he retired in 1981/82. They were flying A-4's at the time before they transitioned to F-18's. He was also in VMA-311, 211, and 214, deployed to Vietnam with 211 and 311 to Chu Lai and Da Nang on 2 separate tours. I spent a lot of time at the base hanging out with him, it was a blast. I got into workin on flight sims n so forth and had the opportunity to fly a bunch of the Military sims which was a BLAST. F-18, AV-8, and the C-130 was the hardest of the 3 to fly. Such a tank :D

I also am trying to help with the tracking of the birds that we put VHF transmitters on when I can find the time.

Huh.

Only if you speak eagle. :lol: I have a list of frequencies I can give to anyone that wants to listen to the beeps the transmitters give off. I don't want to hi-jack, so if anyone wants more info PM me.

Ooh-rah

All this time I didn't know you were a Death Rattler. I cruised with those guys on the Connie three times.

Ooh-rah

All this time I didn't know you were a Death Rattler. I cruised with those guys on the Connie three times.

My dad served on the Connie CV 64-Long live the Kitty Hawk Class. I lived in Bremerton while it was being updated. Must have been in the the late 70's. Everyone knows the supply officers!

Yup.

Do you know the name Darryl Witt?

Don

My nephew has worked there for ??? years(long time) the last few he's been teaching and working crews.

his name is Charlie Tuck his dad worked there too and retired from SDG&E about 5 years ago.

I rode Pinyon mtn a couple of weeks ago with Charlie and another guy Jeff Nightinggale. And one other guy I knew Junior ?, don't know his last name. Good rider though...just thought you may know them.

Yup.

Do you know the name Darryl Witt?

Don

My nephew has worked there for ??? years(long time) the last few he's been teaching and working crews.

his name is Charlie Tuck his dad worked there too and retired from SDG&E about 5 years ago.

I rode Pinyon mtn a couple of weeks ago with Charlie and another guy Jeff Nightinggale. And one other guy I knew Junior ?, don't know his last name. Good rider though...just thought you may know them.

Charlie was one of my instructors during my apprenticeship. I met his dad once also, they are good people. I do believe Charlie is a 3rd generation lineman, either way he is one of the best I have worked with. Junior works in the same yard as I do, and is a friend of mine. In fact, we were just talking the other day about taking our kids to OW for the day to practice riding their bikes, they are about the same age and just starting to ride. (excellent lineman also)

Ooh-rah

My dad served on the Connie CV 64-Long live the Kitty Hawk Class. I lived in Bremerton while it was being updated. Must have been in the the late 70's. Everyone knows the supply officers!

One more Connie crew member here. 1999-2000. I finished my enlistment there after decommisioning the Mckee.

Are you still active?

vmfa323a_insig.jpg

I got out of the Corps in 1986, but I still try to be "active" :huh::lol: . Ken

Fire Matt Here…Born and raised in SD. 91 joined the Coast Guard for 8 years. 2001 I got onto the Fire Department and currently work for San Miguel fire Department as an Engineer. Single but have a girl friend that wants to change that… :D

I ride a KLR 650 and love my KTM 530. Currently saving for my KTM 990 Adventure sometime in 2009

I am always up for a ride so don’t leave me out in 2009…! :D

Ride safe.. !

Firematt.

I currently own and operate a Vending macchine business, (CTG VENDING), and have machines from North county, Down to Harbor drive, East to Santee, and every where in between, about 55 machines total. We handle dry snacks and soda/energy drinks, I pride myself on customer service and minimum downtime for repairs. As far as past motorcycles go I was pretty fortunate as a kid and my 2 brothers and I got a minibike when I was around 10, but don't remember riding it much. Then about 2 years later we each received motorcycles for Christmas, mine was a 1970 XR75, it was one of the grey ones and a perfect bike to learn on, nice and quiet, reliable with decent power. My second bike was a 1982 RM125, first year of water cooled 2 strokes, with Full Floater suspension, it was about a year old when I got it and I think my dad paid $600 for it. I used to terrorize the neighbors where we lived in Laguna Niguel, and back then had unlimited dirt riding areas. I sold it because when I was going to SDSU it sat in my house in College Grove and I never rode, when I think back i'm not sure why I didn't, the first guys who came to checkit out bought it for $300 and all it needed was a new clutch. The funny thing was they rode it down the street and it instantly got the neighbors to come out and start yelling, must have been that DG pipe:) I didn't own a bike for another 4 years or so, when I moved to Fallbrook in 1996 I bought a pos Yamaha 100 or something like that, sold that and finally got my current bike, a 1993 Suzuki DR350s. Have really enjoyed it and have put some money into it, and hopefully in a few years would like A KTM 530EXC. I also have a 1986 Honda Z50 I bought for my son, he ended up riding a Polaris Srambler 50, but I still love that little Honda.

Jeff

Saw this thread while surfing and thought it was very cool!......so i will play.

I run a branch for United Rentals in Lakeside. We specialize in only Aerial equipment such as Booms, Scissorlifts and forklifts including reach forks. I do a lot of work with Extreme Makeover, San Diego Chargers, San Diego Zoo, Shipyard Business and lots of general construction.

Even though I work for a huge corporation with over 600 different types of equipment and a original equipment price over $4.1 billion......it is nice to have all that to back me up to take care of customers......but, it is more rewarding to have all my employees go to market with the "mom and pop shop" care and concern. I don't want our customers or potential customers to feel as though we are the 800lb. gorilla.

Anyways, I could probably go on and on about this.......I am currently searching for the right person for an outside sales position. Any ideas let me know!

Now on to the fun stuff.......I have been riding moto since the third grade or so. I started off with a pedal moped, to a YZ80, Tri moto 125, my long lost Hodaka Wombat 125, 82' 250r, 85' 250r, XL500, CR500, Built my own buggies for use in Glamis and started a part time after work business with a buddy of mine building dune buggies. I fabricated the cars and he built the motors and transmissions. Got tired of working on everybody else's toys and didn't get to play with mine. So we split up......I had fun with my toy I built and he kept building engines.

Moved on from buggies to street bikes and having tinker tantrums in the garage on other projects. 54' CJ3b, 57' CJ5 Willy's, and a 64' FJ40 Cruiser. While riding and storing in the garage XR600, Roadstar Warrior, FJR, FZ1, Raptor 700 and a R1 Raven.

I then realized that I had too many toys and Yamaha owed me a few t shirts with all the Yamaha inventory in my garage! I also figured out that I had too many kids (now it is hers, mine, and ours) and my shop/garage in Ramona is bigger than my house.....time to move! Sold most of the toys and the house to get a bigger house (with a smaller garage :( ) here in Lakeside. (sure was a lot cheaper to live in Ramona)

Now down to my FZ1 and XR650R. I have been contemplating the idea of selling my beloved FZ1 if I can get a spare set of wheels etc so that I can SM my XR as well as dualsport........then purchase a RT or some bagger for 2up riding. We could use a break from kids and stressful day to day work. The family and I spend the desert season in Ocotillo Wells on friends property and park our motorhome with rolling garage and toys there all season ling. Great time for the kids and keeps the T.V. off!

Mike

sorry I got a little crazy on the pics.......

UR3234_SanDiegoChargersAd.pdf

post-13399-1247546436_thumb.jpg

post-13399-1247546526_thumb.jpg

post-13399-1247546673_thumb.jpg

post-13399-1247546696_thumb.jpg

post-13399-1247546737_thumb.jpg

post-13399-1247546785_thumb.jpg

post-13399-1247547463_thumb.jpg

post-13399-1247547491.jpg

1969-1971 -- sheet metal worker

1971-1994 -- US Navy steam plant operations/maintenance among other things (aka Machinists Mate)

1994-1995 -- Electriciti.com -- I installed Internet access on to DOS and Windows 3.1 machines when 9600 baud was fast!

1995-1998 -- college and no job (thank you Vietnam era GI Bill)

1998-2007 -- accountant

2007-present -- MSF RiderCoach (not really a job, it is so much fun!)

In a nutshell: been riding since 1964, have ridden over 100 different motorcycles, owned over 60, and raced, at an amateur level; short track, half mile, TT, scrambles, enduros, drag, hill climbs, and even tried trials riding for a while.

Riding history- see my blog - http://motorcyclenut.wordpress.com