Jaynen

Woohoo I'm a real boy now!

Hello Everyone,

I have been patiently waiting to have my account authorized and am very glad to have the opportunity to become a part of this community.

So a little about me I guess. My name is Jason, I am a whole 30 years old which seems to make me a young'un round these parts but that's never a bad thing. I'm married, no kids, unless you count 1 9month old puppy and 2 cats. But I am pretty new at that as well only about 9 months now. I'm a video game designer and am accepting a job in the Del Mar area and moving back down to San Diego (probably north county) from the LA area.

I've ridden mountain bikes for a long time and used to also participate in autocross and road racing with my old car but switched over to dirt bikes to have something to do with my wife and her family. My wife loves to ride but prefers 4 wheels over 2 so she has a raptor 250, I started with a 03 DRZ-250 last year but have recently purchased an 08 WR250R and am looking forward to commuting on it as well as getting to do some dual sport rides and replacing the DRZ.

I consider myself a beginner and need lots of seat time and excuses to ride. I enjoy riding and speed and its challenges but most love riding for where it takes you and what you get to see more than absolutely having to blast a particular section at 9/10ths pace.

Not sure what else to say but thanks for having me, and making me drool on all your ride reports. - Jason

My wife and I looking all Hollywood at a recent summer wedding

m_70b7d0133b0e2d8ada903519b48bfa75.jpg

Riding up at Gorman this winter

l_4f8a0212fa3f6683d340fcd75a7a6d15.jpg

Welcome Jaynen. I am in Vista, and I also need to get out and ride more. I am looking forward to a couple of night rides soon in this cool evening air. Hope to ride with you soon. :rolleyes: Ken

ohh thats a pretty picture i had not seen of it before. I'd love to go riding once I get down there. start the new job on the 11th. I would be pretty much up for riding anywhere at all :rolleyes:

I think the trailwings will end up having to go pretty fast.

And if anyone wants to try out my little D/S toy they would be welcome too. Although I have been "farkling" the bike a bit.

Not sure what else to say but thanks for having me, and making me drool on all your ride reports. - Jason

Welcome aboard Jason.....soon you'll be the one inflicting the big hurt on others writing your own ride reports ;)

And hey, you're not alone......my gal-pal prefers "two wheels too many" just like yours :rolleyes::lol:

ChrisandKathyGlamis.jpg

Eventually I hope to coax her over from the dark side with the lure of riding something plated.

I'm spending enough on farkles as is, that will mean I end up buying a helmet cam setup or something too to take video :rolleyes: I can never pull my camera out for pictures because I am always the second to last guy in the bunch, the really slow one who the sweep rides behind and smiles and tries to pretend to not look bored and make me feel bad.

Welcome to the mad house Jason. I’m pretty new to dual-sport riding also but the guys and gals around here are very good at not losing me. They leave no one behind! There are lost of rides posted all the time. If you see me going on a ride you will be quite capable of making that ride also. I’m the world’s slowest dual sport-rider. I think we may have the same ride philosophy. :rolleyes:

We also have a couple of riders who have a dirt bike school. I recommend going to the school as well. We have women riders here as well as men and they all out ride me. :lol:

You could take that gorgeous wife of yours and both attend the school. Let’s get her on two wheels as well. There are lots of places you two can go together that are not ATV (quad) friendly, but are just too good to miss. :D

See you on the trail soon!

Edited: Dump the trail wings, I don't want to see anymore broken legs! ;)

I actually am very interested in the classes to improve on my fundamentals. The only issue I was curious about was cost really :rolleyes: but investing in myself skill wise is never a waste. I do have the extra bike right now my old DRZ until I manage to get rid of it.

That being said, she would need something pretty short :lol: She will ride a bike she has mine before but she still prefers the 4 wheeler.

I am always the second to last guy in the bunch, the really slow one who the sweep rides behind and smiles and tries to pretend to not look bored and make me feel bad.

Hey, Thats my job!! I ride infront of the sweep! You are going to have to move up some. :rolleyes:

I am always the second to last guy in the bunch, the really slow one who the sweep rides behind and smiles and tries to pretend to not look bored and make me feel bad.

Hey, Thats my job!! I ride infront of the sweep! You are going to have to move up some. :rolleyes:

LoL careful there I might start thinking I am fast :lol:

Glad you are on board with us. Now you just need to be able to hit the trails with us. :rolleyes:

Welcome Jason, you will find yourself wanting to ride with this group all the time afer a few rides. B)

See you on a ride soon!

Gunner

Welcome to the mad house Jason. I’m pretty new to dual-sport riding also but the guys and gals around here are very good at not losing me. They leave no one behind! There are lost of rides posted all the time. If you see me going on a ride you will be quite capable of making that ride also. I’m the world’s slowest dual sport-rider. I think we may have the same ride philosophy. B)

We also have a couple of riders who have a dirt bike school. I recommend going to the school as well. We have women riders here as well as men and they all out ride me. B)

You could take that gorgeous wife of yours and both attend the school. Let’s get her on two wheels as well. There are lots of places you two can go together that are not ATV (quad) friendly, but are just too good to miss. :D

See you on the trail soon!

Edited: Dump the trail wings, I don't want to see anymore broken legs! :(

Walker1 was on trailwings? That is definite proof I need about needing new tires :(

Congratulations on becoming a boy. I remember when I became a boy. It was in the 70s....Well that's about all I remember. I have a much more vivid recollection of when I became a man. Sure do. B)

Anyway welcome to the board.

Congratulations on becoming a boy. I remember when I became a boy. It was in the 70s....Well that's about all I remember. I have a much more vivid recollection of when I became a man. Sure do. :cool:

Anyway welcome to the board.

I was feeling like Pinocchio watching the real world and not being able to be a part of it while waiting for my account for a couple of weeks B)

Walker1 was on trailwings? That is definite proof I need about needing new tires B)

Here's my take on that. Ride what you have on your bike, learn to ride on the less aggresive tires. You'll learn to feel the bike and what it's like at it's limits of traction at a slower speed. It will also help you learn to modulate the brakes and throttle better. Don't buy more aggresive tires unless they're needed for a specific application or you've worn out the others. The aggresive tires can become a crutch for poor skills.

1000th Post

Walker1 was on trailwings? That is definite proof I need about needing new tires ;)

Here's my take on that. Ride what you have on your bike, learn to ride on the less aggresive tires. You'll learn to feel the bike and what it's like at it's limits of traction at a slower speed. It will also help you learn to modulate the brakes and throttle better. Don't buy more aggresive tires unless they're needed for a specific application or you've worn out the others. The aggresive tires can become a crutch for poor skills.

1000th Post

That's a good point

Walker1 was on trailwings? That is definite proof I need about needing new tires ;)

1000th Post

here's my take on THAT! you sure post a lot! damn! get a life...

I agree with your point on the tires... I'm putting trailwings on my BRP

Welcome Jaynen :D There's actually a good mix of old guys and young pups here to ride with. I fall somewhere between the two ;) and I'll be looking forward to hitting some dirt with you. I've heard people refer to Trail Wings as "Death Wings". HondaPilot does have a good point about riding what's on your bike, just be extreeeeemly careful when you're sliding around the corners.

Let me or carguy know if you're interested in the dirt bike school. We'll be forming another class soon and our brothers and sisters here get it for half price.

And hey, you're not alone......my gal-pal prefers "two wheels too many" just like yours ;):P

ChrisandKathyGlamis.jpg

I still don't understand how the 'daddy got such a hot girlfriend :P

Welcome Jaynen :D There's actually a good mix of old guys and young pups here to ride with. I fall somewhere between the two ;) and I'll be looking forward to hitting some dirt with you. I've heard people refer to Trail Wings as "Death Wings". HondaPilot does have a good point about riding what's on your bike, just be extreeeeemly careful when you're sliding around the corners.

Let me or carguy know if you're interested in the dirt bike school. We'll be forming another class soon and our brothers and sisters here get it for half price.

And hey, you're not alone......my gal-pal prefers "two wheels too many" just like yours :lol::lol:

ChrisandKathyGlamis.jpg

I still don't understand how the 'daddy got such a hot girlfriend :ph34r:

how much does the class run? We bring our own bikes right? Would the price deal work for my wife too (might help wean her off the quad lol)

ChrisandKathyGlamis.jpg

Hijack time.

Hey are these puppets? I see strings coming out behind then. And they are mismatched too, one is waaaaay to pretty for the other one.

Jaynen, I think the dirtbike school guys give you a SDAR “family” discount. They let me take my own bike for the class. In fact they encouraged you to use the bike you ride. John also mumbled something about he didn’t want my fat a$$ breaking one of his bikes.

Hijack completed.

Jaynen, Welcome!! to you and your Wife. :lol:

You have entered-" The Twilite Zone " You may be a little young to remember that show, and that's Ok.

Nothing could be futher or- closer- to the - real - " Truth of SDAR " remember those words!

:ph34r: Ah.... I.....Think..... It's......The Pain Killers................Sorry....... " WELCOME "

Regarding my most recent " Get Off " ;) No matter how much I would like to lay blame on the T-wings, Soft dirt, Tree roots, Loose rocks, Not having GPS, or The Gay Pride Parade!

There's no excuse! For; lack of skill, loss of focus, knowing your limits, and not being prepared for the unexpected.

And...That's all I have to say about that...

You have joined A Geart Club! With some Fantastic people, who share a common passion... and are there for you!

Welcome to San Diego. Hope to be able to go riding with you soon...

Can't - Ride - or - Walk -er1 :lol: