SD_Frontier

Memorial Night Ride and Vigil for Dennis Sherod - Details on Post #33

Hey guys and gals,

dsherod, a member of this board, past away this morning. he was fairly new to the board but i know he has at least gone on a ride or two with some of you. He was the owner of a 990 Adventure and 450 EXC.

NBC 7 Link

this is truly a tragedy as he was a friend and coworker.

Be careful out there.

I'll miss you Dennis. :blink:

I saw that this morning on signonsandiego and decided to take the cage to work instead of the motard. Very sad loss.

Ah man that really sux =\ My thoughts are with him and his family.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I was at home for lunch, watching the news, when I saw the Orange K.T.M. with knobbies. I had a feeling it was a brother. He will be in my prayers.

Sincerly Craig.

My family and I grieve the loss of a brother today, our prayers go out for him and his family.

I will also offer up prayers for the safety of all of you as well.

Aaron

I was at home for lunch, watching the news, when I saw the Orange K.T.M. with knobbies. I had a feeling it was a brother. He will be in my prayers.

Sincerly Craig.

I was thinking I really want to meet this guy (dsherod) when a couple of us were talking smack last week on whos the coolest and dsherod made a joke to hammer about the size 14 child size boots. I feel a loss as not getting to meet him, my thoughts to his family and please keep us in the loop as to anything we can help with.

Please all be careful everyone,ride safe...steve

Even though I never met him, please give my condolences to his family. Hard to hear on National "Ride to Work Day" that a fellow member lost his life.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Jay

Super sad to see a fallen fellow rider. Prayers to him and his family and friends. How old was he? It would be nice to do something as a group, like flowers or ???. Ken

The Sign on San Diego article said he was 57. Here is an interesting quote from the article too:

"The motorcyclist hit the car as he was going through the intersection on a green light. He was wearing a helmet and was not speeding, Fellows said. "

I cannot remember reading about a fellow SDAR rider loosing their life. A very sad day indeed.

Since I never met our fallen rider(that I remember), I hope we will know if we can help. SD_Frontier keep us in the loop.

It would be nice to do something as a group, like flowers or ???. Ken

Well said Ken, I'm sure allot of us would like to like to do something for him and his family to show our support. I'm standing by.

SD_Frontier like carguy asked, please keep us in the loop. I will PM you my #'s.

Aaron

thanks for all of the kind words. i appreciate the idea of SDAR coming together to do something special. we are all just so shocked at this point. dennis was a mentor, friend, and coworker of mine. please give me a day or so to figure out some logistics.

My condolences to his family and friends.

May the Love, Peace and Passion we all share, Strengthen his Loved ones.

Maybe a Candle Light Night ride past his home to show our respest would be in order.

Just a thought. I'll do whatever I can to help.

Gary Walker

Sad...

My thoughts are with his loved ones.

This type of event really puts things into perspective.

My condolences to his family and friends.

May the Love, Peace and Passion we all share, Strengthen his Loved ones.

Maybe a Candle Light Night ride past his home to show our respest would be in order.

Just a thought. I'll do whatever I can to help.

Gary Walker

i like this idea. i'll see what i can do.

It is the end rather than the means. Even a commute becomes an event as opposed to the period of time between when you were at home and when you're at work. It is about living over being. Proactive vs. passive.

Amen Brother.....saddened that your life was taken prematurely by some idiot running a red light :blink::blink: ......equally saddened that I never got to meet you......be at peace......condolences to family/friends

Truly a sad day, ride in peace brother.

I cannot remember reading about a fellow SDAR rider loosing their life. A very sad day indeed.

I think KIP's right, this is a first for SDAR. Very tragic loss, particularly in light of the avoidable circumstances. A memorial ride would certainly be appropriate.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with Dennis, his family, and his friends. Stay safe and keep vigilant out there my brothers and sisters, whether you're on two wheels or four.

God Speed Dennis salute.gif

Tragic and very sad indeed. My condolences go out to family and friends. I just returned to work on my DS from dropping my truck off for economy/performance upgrades and saw this. It made me feel sick to read the report and see the pictures.

Horrible news!

We hear of people getting hurt or dying all the time on bikes and most of the time its caused by speed or inexpereince, ect! Not in this case. Please be careful out there. You can being doing all the right things and still get hurt!

God Bless and condolences..

Be careful out there.....

Ron

this is horrible!!!! we've all had close calls with people running reds, atleast I have! my thoughts all stay safe out there brothers!!! and if anyone decides to do something for his family let me know if i can help.

ed