Anyone doing this?  I've done the last 2 events and its amazing single track riding with options of black diamond (expert) sections, but if you stay the main course, I would say it's a intermediate trail.  500cc or less unless you are freak.  It's some of the best riding in So Cal IMO.

https://www.sobobarides.biz/home

This is not a race, its just a big event to get the privilege of riding pristine single track on a reservation.  If I can remember correctly, the course it roughly 32 mi.  You can do as many laps as you want but cannot leave for another loop after 12 pm.  Some people pack beverages, pull over, relax and enjoy the break.  Others want to challenge themselves.  I would highly suggest trying it if you never have.  

I may have a spare (loaner bike 2005 CRF250R) as a loaner if someone wants to try it.  I am currently rebuilding it along with a bunch of money invested in the suspension

Here is a video of a guy to takes the advanced sections. At 14:40 is the hard section, don't be intimidated by the hard sections.  You don't have to take them.   

If anyone signs up, lets link up for a group ride

• Like 2

Street legal bikes or anything?

• Like 1

This looks like fun. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tntmo said:

Street legal bikes or anything?

No plate required

• Like 1

I signed up on Thursday. Crossing my fingers for a little rain the day before the event!

• Like 1

Did it last year was epic conditions zero dust or bottlenecks but was a little short for us only took couple hours

• Like 1

I did a part of it on my 1150 GSA, fully loaded by mistake and ended up in custody from the tribes security guard after reaching the baseball field. 

I took the wrong turn from bee canyon to Idyllwild. 

It's a good Adventure story. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Mr.JAJA said:

I did a part of it on my 1150 GSA, fully loaded by mistake and ended up in custody from the tribes security guard after reaching the baseball field. 

I took the wrong turn from bee canyon to Idyllwild. 

It's a good Adventure story. 

You have to be careful about that.  When you reach the old house on the hill, and the hot springs in the adjacent canyon, you shouldn't go any further.

12 hours ago, dirt dame said:

You have to be careful about that.  When you reach the old house on the hill, and the hot springs in the adjacent canyon, you shouldn't go any further.

You tell me that now. 2 late

Udo, come home. Go on the Noobs camp out with us, and tell the story  around the campfire. 

5 hours ago, Zubb said:

Udo, come home. Go on the Noobs camp out with us, and tell the story  around the campfire. 

I am on my way and think about it. 

I legit signed for this one. 26FEB2023. Back story a guy I know asked if I was doing the ride and implored that I ride the 2023 version. I told him I did the ride 2x once long ago that I signed up for properly and once a couple years back that myself and unnamed individual did as "poached" ride. We showed up late morning grabbed some red dots from quitters and rode the loop.

I did not know that this guy is one of the course managers and part of the ride org...........needless to say I promised him I would legit sign for this year. And I did.... so 2023 is on the calendar.

Looks like one of the 3 tests (loops) of the Tecate Enduro...............some good examples of weight your peg or pegs moments.

Edited by robertaccio