New member introduction commencing:

My name is Jared and I'm a 36 year old middle school History teacher. I grew up riding in Ocotillo Wells on thumpers, but now have relegated myself  to "ADV" bikes. I'm on my second V-Strom 650 and I'm down for casual rides on the street and/or dirt. I'm slow and don't take many risks. My ultimate goal is a coast to coast to coast ride in about 2023 years with two of my buddies, and in the more immediate future to do the Mojave Road on my Strom ( I did it in my FJ last year). I'm mostly a lurker on the forums, but I'l chime in every now and then. Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the forum!  Fellow FJ'r and would like to hear about the Mojave and how the FJ did sometime.

I want an FJ, if I get one will I be cool?

Welcome there's a couple V-Strom guys on here ,you should feel at home.

Hi Jared and welcome, come check out the maintanice day coming up. You don't have to do maintenance, just come and hang out, its a good place to meet some of the group. 

You will be cool if you get one @Uncle Champ 😎.

@Van The Fj did good. It's a super easy trail, with the only tough spot being the water crossing near the end if it's been raining. When we crossed it was up past my bumper, but I took a stock FJ. Water came in the cabin, but its all rubber inside so drying out was no issue. However, the starter goes out if you submerge it in water so starting the FJ was give and take until it dried out 😂🤣

@socalhodaka That sounds great, I will definitely look into it!

Laguna%2011%209-06%20003-XL.jpg

FJ ?? Mojavi Road/Trail -----    Ha,  FJ;  Not FJR

P1010579%201000w-L.jpg

Welcome Standarche, fellow Vstrom owner here, but mine is a street bike  :)  , see Weirdrider for vstrom dirt action.  As winter arrives, make sure you also have one of those thumpers ready for the desert.

4 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

Welcome.

Don't ride like SoCalMule.

Hey....

I put 133k miles on my 650 its a do all bike

there is a tech day this Saturday in Escondido details are in the upcoming meeting forum if interested 

just show up