Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Anybody riding this weekend ?

Got an old ghost trail down to the dez floor .

Steep and rocky terrain. 

Julian for gas . 

Be ready to explore east of S2 if you wish to tag along. 

75% dirt

small bike. 

Sat or Sun ? group consious.

Staging avail at mi casa.

 

Close proximity to route on map. 

5a849eb75148b_Screenshot_20180213-2032073.thumb.png.803dd632b4cd960e2ce796e1c11b167c.png

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday I’m in. 

Get some more scratches dents and dings on Meatmord’s new 500. 

And the first on mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bikeslut said:

gee... that looks inviting

For the invitationally challenged. IMG_20180215_065253.jpg.b7b9858c0e789e918d23ed5c5f7f10ce.jpg

 

May see CNF , ABDSP, Butterfield, Oriflame ,Rodriguez Canyon, Prime Anza Borrego Campsite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiked an old jeep route by Oriflamme a few weeks back accesible right off the S1 and drops you out on the S2. Some of it was easily a 7 grade slope, rutted, fine loose top, and varied from 7ft across to mostly 3ft to 1ft. The steep slope was the latter with more like an uneven V shaped trail due to the ruts. It hadn't seen vehicles in years, with the exception of the top 1 mile of the route. This was all Anza-Borrego Desert State Park area. The gates are usually closed, but not locked. 

This route would definitely have some challenging traction issues for a motor powered machine. I've heard of less intense routes in the area.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Logroller said:

This route would definitely have some challenging traction issues for a motor powered machine. I've heard of less intense routes in the area.

Ya,  i bring the good stuff. 

Here's more trail candy for this ride.IMG_20180210_102718.thumb.jpg.624d7f1ddf114c045951a9df3b32a7a9.jpg 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a car of a similar era turned on its side, shot up with various caliber. When I see these vehicles, I always wonder how they met their demise.  

From these pics you can see how the "jeep" trail changed in to a "jeepless" trail.

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bikeslut said:

gee... that looks inviting

 

28 minutes ago, Logroller said:

There was a car of a similar era turned on its side, shot up with various caliber. When I see these vehicles, I always wonder how they met their demise.  

From these pics you can see how the "jeep" trail changed in to a "jeepless" trail.

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

Do you mean familiar?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And  to think Fireroad Kenny is goona try and ride his new unscratched ktm through there... Phhht pht. 

The photos didnt quite capture the severity of the steep section.

Got anymore?  Youve peaked my curiosity. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Anybody riding this weekend ?

Got an old ghost trail down to the dez floor .

Steep and rocky terrain. 

Julian for gas . 

Be ready to explore east of S2 if you wish to tag along. 

75% dirt

small bike. 

Sat or Sun ? group consious.

Staging avail at mi casa.

 

Close proximity to route on map. 

5a849eb75148b_Screenshot_20180213-2032073.thumb.png.803dd632b4cd960e2ce796e1c11b167c.png

 

 

 

 

I would like to go Sunday. I live in Borrego. Where would I meet up? What time? I'll be gassed up full from home. My 450exc will get around 125 miles on a tank... pucker factor after that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Anybody riding this weekend ?

Got an old ghost trail down to the dez floor .

Steep and rocky terrain. 

Julian for gas . 

Be ready to explore east of S2 if you wish to tag along. 

75% dirt

small bike. 

Sat or Sun ? group consious.

Staging avail at mi casa.

 

Close proximity to route on map. 

5a849eb75148b_Screenshot_20180213-2032073.thumb.png.803dd632b4cd960e2ce796e1c11b167c.png

I could meet at the top of the blue skull on your map, near Scissors Crossing?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spyder said:

 

Do you mean familiar?

 

Not at all. I ain't that old, but old enough to recognize it's potential age. Actually think the car was 50s to early 60s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

And  to think Fireroad Kenny is goona try and ride his new unscratched ktm through there... Phhht pht. 

The photos didnt quite capture the severity of the steep section.

Got anymore?  Youve peaked my curiosity. 

 

 

Pics often never do show true steepness. 

Ther rest of the pics I have don't really tell you more. I only took a few. The drop was hard on the knees. 

Message me for more info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

SOCALMULE- hey was up . it would be great to meet up how about at butterfield  store  , or banner store parking lot.

 

Butterfield store would work great! Let me know when. This ride sounds really fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

SOCALMULE- hey was up . it would be great to meet up how about at butterfield  store  , or banner store parking lot.

 

On second thought...If we meet at the Banner store we would be able to drop down the back side of Banner into Oriflamme Canyon? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2/14/2018 at 12:43 PM, 350thumper said:

Anybody riding this weekend ?

Got an old ghost trail down to the dez floor .

Steep and rocky terrain. 

Julian for gas . 

Be ready to explore east of S2 if you wish to tag along. 

75% dirt

small bike. 

Sat or Sun ? group consious.

Staging avail at mi casa.

 

 

 

 

 

What time you leaving your place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday? Butterfield would be nice, oriflame to banner toll single-track to Julian to sunrise down Salt Creek to butterfield?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rory,  leave my place around 8-830, be down  at Butterfield 930-ish  find SOCALMULE and hit sum single track to Julian  like V-dog was sayin.

Then go ballistic(ride safely) after fueling up on the way back down to the dez flor....sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a rider or two that are hanging for the weekend, we're camped off s22 Jeep training area. If they will slab it to Butterfield or start riding early the backwards route through the drop, we will hook up with you for Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Logroller said:

Not at all. I ain't that old, but old enough to recognize it's potential age. Actually think the car was 50s to early 60s

I was trying to pull Bikeslut out on this. It should look familiar to him as it does to me. Although he may have had an aerial view of the trail in question... I can't find the pics, so it never really happened.....

Ride report pics please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Interested in locating that Toll Road from Banner to Julian;  Salt Creek may have to wait for my next incarnation.

Am I correct that the Toll road starts at the Banner horseshoe bend and tops out in the Kentwood Pines neighborhood. 

If so, that is behind a locked gate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, V-Dog said:

Sunday? Butterfield would be nice, oriflame to banner toll single-track to Julian to sunrise down Salt Creek to butterfield?

What is salt creek ?  Is that the Phantom Trail ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Rory,  leave my place around 8-830, be down  at Butterfield 930-ish  find SOCALMULE and hit sum single track to Julian  like V-dog was sayin.

Then go ballistic(ride safely) after fueling up on the way back down to the dez flor....sunday.

Okay I will be at Butterfield at 9:30! This sounds fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×