RobATK94

Riding near death valley

I just had to post this.  I found my first KKUG tag in the wild.  Got to borrow a DRZ , gas tanker on wheels edition, from a friend and rode around ridgecrest and near Death Valley for a few days.  Ran out to Ballarat,CA and found a familiar face.  Interesting history of most of the towns out there.  I'm hooked now though.  I want to go back and do some more serious exploring.  Fun stuff out there. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice pics! Nice bikes! Yes, that KKUG "gets around!"

21 minutes ago, rubarb said:

Whats the story of that kkug profile picture? Is that what the dood looks like?

That's his HS graduation picture...he hasn't changed a bit...;)

14 minutes ago, rubarb said:

werd

So he created stickers and puts then everywhere he goes?

Believe they were made as a gag for a bday gift and it took off so keeps making them. Ive spotted 5 out riding.

I believe they give your bike 5 more hp and myth goes that your bike will never break down if you have a sticker on it.

I'll take 3 please.  15hp and triple threat insurance.  What's not to like.

I keep one on each of my bikes for good luck.  I have also been known to put them in military aircraft that I fly in to ward off evil mechanical gremlins.  It works!

I believe I put that sticker there on a ride with Paul, Roger and Rich a few years ago. The Kug is world famous and women swoon over him on every continent. People say that " The Most Interesting Man in the World " commercials were based on him.

CiD

I was honored to meet Kug last weekend.  Whatever stories are out there I am pretty sure are all true after the experience.

I once had some lukewarm sodas from that place.  Hodnetjj was there iirc

I also see a Baja Rally sticker (has San Diego ties)

Rob, how big is that Safari tank? 

Ask the ladies of Ballarat: Kug get's "around"...

On December 19, 2016 at 2:31 PM, Covered in Dust said:

I believe I put that sticker there on a ride with Paul, Roger and Rich a few years ago. The Kug is world famous and women swoon over him on every continent. People say that " The Most Interesting Man in the World " commercials were based on him.

CiD

16452956869_cc58d7b106_b.jpg

This whole area is pretty interesting. 

Goofy, I think the tank is 6 gallons and change.  I borrowed it from a friend so I'm not totally sure of the details.  It's a lot!  Looks like a really nice tank.  This is the first safari brand tank I've got my hands on. Doesn't ride as uncomfortable as it looks.  Oh yeah, you can still get warm soda here.....3 bucks and you get yourself some Kmart brand cola

I organized a couple SDAR Death Valley trips in 2014 and 2015.  I prefer / recommend to stay at Panamint Springs when visiting Death Valley.  It would be fun to get back up there again.

Safari tanks are very well made but $$$

I'd e interested if you do any Death Valley trips next year.  I have a good friend that lives in ridgecrest.   He is my normal tour guide.  You have any GPS routes your willing to share?  This place has so much I want to see!

Rob here are some RR you can sift through for pics.  I have tracks somewhere (just getting back into the saddle after a year off so I need to sort through files)