StealthDingo

First solo ride - OB to Agua Caliente overnite and back 4-1/4-2

I picked up my first Dual Sport bike ( 2010 KLX250S ) a couple weeks ago but have only done short rides around my house in Ocean Beach and up to Cabrillo Monument. I decided on a last minute trip out to meet my family out at the Agua Caliente campground off S2. Hopped on the bike and headed out Friday after work with some clothes in a backpack and a sleeping bag on the rack. I admit I dont do freeways because of the crazy drivers we have so I was in for a good amount of saddle time.

Started in Ocean Beach and made my way thru Mission Valley to Kearney Mesa and eventually up to the 67. Took 67 up thru Ramona to connect with 78 and made my first stop @ Dudleys in Santa Ysabel to rest my bum. Then I saddled up and headed into Julian where I stopped for gas. The bike caught the attention of a couple in a nice red Rubicon. After chatting while I pumped my gas, it turns out they are members here. Nice to meet you Wonder Woman and The Bees! Full tank of gas in the Kawi and a Red Bull in my belly, down banner grade I went. Sun started setting over the blooming Ocotillo as I got on S2 in the desert (probably the most beautiful part of the ride). I pulled into the family camp right when the sun was dropping behind the mountains. Couple cold beers and some stories then went to bed.

Woke up Saturday morning to a breakfast burrito and a bloody mary then took a ride out to Vallecitos Creek. Hit Carrizo Wash and Hueso Wash for the first off road ride on the new bike. Didnt want to get too far off into nowhere since I was alone so I cruised back to camp, hit the hot springs and made my way back to Ocean Beach.

Just me with the little Kawi for about 250 miles, 7 hours, and a full face shield of bug splat. Not a bad way to break in my new bike and adventure spirit!

post-16135-0-97472300-1459788890_thumb.j

post-16135-0-55572800-1459788895_thumb.j

post-16135-0-67993900-1459788899_thumb.j

post-16135-0-03961500-1459788903_thumb.j

post-16135-0-97794900-1459788909_thumb.j

Nice fun trip and man lots of street

Yes LOTS of pavement but no truck no choice haha. I was really impressed with how that 250 kept up speed for so long on the road

Nicely done, rookie!