533 for the DCT.

Working 490 lbs plus luggage this past weekend on the Tiger was a different experience. Same HP as the A-Twin. They're big bikes.

533 for the DCT.

Working 490 lbs plus luggage this past weekend on the Tiger was a different experience. Same HP as the A-Twin. They're big bikes.

Dang...and I thought my WR got "heavy" when loaded with camp gear, tools and goods... :lmaosmiley:

my TE300 Husky weighs @ 450lbs....with my tank ass at the helm.

I have been wondering how the DCT would compare to a Rekluse. In theory it should do the same thing, but I will be curious to see if it can take the beating the Rekluse does given the weight of the bike.

I still don't get the fervor over the Africa Twin. It's just another big ass adventure bike like so many others (mine included) just made by Honda instead of someone else.

For such a big bike it sure has a small gas tank, only 18L. Not going to go far with that.

Probably like a 200 mile range thats pretty good

Honda started the bullshit hype by promoting rumors of a 200kg weight. Now we know it's another adventure turd.

The marketing machine is in full swing for the AT, that's for sure. Viral videos, "accidental" early spec and web page releases, etc. All aboard the hype train! Props to them for making it and bringing it to the US.

It may be a portly 500lbs, but that still undercuts the Tenere by over 100lbs and is right in line with the 800xc and 800GS. I think it will sell well, and the adv segment is red-hot. If nothing else it will spur development by the other brands.

I currently own an older generation Triumph, 2005 Tiger 955i. It's heavy and although it's sort of classified as an adventure bike I wouldn't take it on much more than graded gravel. The way I look at most of these large ADV bikes is that they make really good touring bikes. The ergonomics are sane, they have good range, most come with factory available luggage and they have the "look" some people are after.

Sort of like the SUV for the family....nobody really wants a minivan so you get a "rugged SUV" so you look cooler with your stroller and diaper bag. Most Africa Twins will be on pavement the entire time they are owned, and that's not a bad thing. Enjoy your ride, however it is that you do it.

Exactly, Tom. I liked the standard riding position of my Strom and DR650. It's the same on the Tiger. I'm never going to be fast in the dirt on it or anything else so I appreciate that it will do some and really appreciate the road manners with good ergos.

....and Arnie.....if you pick it up by the clean end.... :)