I am considering getting the recluse auto clutch for my KTM 500 exc. Just wanted some pros and cons .

I have one and I like it. I still do a lot of manual clutching though.

It'll be cool enough for local rides in a few weeks- you're welcome to give it a try.

I got a used first generation one on my 450-525 and love it, It saved my butt many a time . I still have the original clutch plates in the bike . 990 hrs and 10 years old.

i still cant believe i have one....its the core exp 3.0 ........Im thinking as I get more used to it I may go with a heavier bellville spring/washer. it engages with a dampened feel which is great when log hopping , it keeps the bike more settled and under control. But when lofting front with a quick blip to hop off something Im getting some nose dive because it is slower to engage and ramps up slower, this may just take some more timing adjustment.

I still slip my clutch anyway and as I learn this thing is a good tool and supplementary item . I dont think its a crutch but for sure its a value added mod , the biggest downfall $$$$$. dang that thing was expensive.

Thanks for the replies. Expensive for sure. I have some arthritis in my left hand and it is most noticeable when I am pulling the clutch on tough hill climbs and technical areas.This should help.

i still cant believe i have one....its the core exp 3.0 ........Im thinking as I get more used to it I may go with a heavier bellville spring/washer. it engages with a dampened feel which is great when log hopping , it keeps the bike more settled and under control. But when lofting front with a quick blip to hop off something Im getting some nose dive because it is slower to engage and ramps up slower, this may just take some more timing adjustment.

I still slip my clutch anyway and as I learn this thing is a good tool and supplementary item . I dont think its a crutch but for sure its a value added mod , the biggest downfall $$$$$. dang that thing was expensive.

3.0 I have not looked into these much. What are the options for my bike?

Whoa!!!! Robert you went to the dark side. Welcome. Now try the Ox-brake LHRB.

I had the original style on my 450X, loved it no more stalls, very little wheel spin up rough stuff. I wished I would have had the option of a clutch at times though. New models all dialed in. you will love it.

Another cheaper option rick would be one of these

http://www.midwestme.com/products.html

Review:https://youtu.be/U_wxlOLAm3g

or little more money

http://www.clake.com.au/product/one-light-clutch/

Review of clake:

https://youtu.be/5gQGY2quL8k

Im gonna go with either one havent made up my mind i just cant see myself spending 1k on a rekluse

Oh Ive only really seen the core exp 3.0 which is 899 so about 1k otd. Never really saw the regular exp 3.0

maybe I'll give those Midwest a try I already broke my stock brake lever and at 40-45 for o.e. one the Midwest at $70 seems like a no brainer.

thanks for input

Sissies

that admission above was very hard.......yes I went and got one, had my arm twisted and submitted. but i like the thing.

http://www.motosport.com/rekluse-core-exp-30-clutch-kit

this is the kit I have, not from this supplier but this is one in my TE300 Husqvarna. I got mine straight through my dealer GP Motorcycles.

this is the installation (for all Husky/KTM with Belville spring clutches)

NOTE- Change the dampers no matter how they feel !

they are cheap and as long as your clutch is apart change them!!

I also use an EE slave cover guard....so I put a piece of clay inside and put ip onto the slave for an evidence mark. then I center punched the mark and drilled a nice hole to give me access to the free play adjuster and to se the marked lines as well.

I've got a Z-start Pro and left hand rear brake on my WR450, it's a fantastic setup for trail riding! No need to slip the clutch and highway friendly sprockets become a lot more rideable in the tight and twisty stuff.

Sissies

that admission above was very hard.......yes I went and got one, had my arm twisted and submitted. but i like the thing.

http://www.motosport.com/rekluse-core-exp-30-clutch-kit

this is the kit I have, not from this supplier but this is one in my TE300 Husqvarna. I got mine straight through my dealer GP Motorcycles.

Ok so what is the difference between the $599 unit and the$ 899 one? I am lazy on researching.

Oh Ive only really seen the core exp 3.0 which is 899 so about 1k otd. Never really saw the regular exp 3.0

maybe I'll give those Midwest a try I already broke my stock brake lever and at 40-45 for o.e. one the Midwest at $70 seems like a no brainer.

thanks for input

I have one if u want to try it out.

Thanks but I ordered them like 10 minutes after putting up comment impulse buy while it was on my mine

thanks for input

I have one if u want to try it out.

To each his own...but I've always liked complete control of my bike when riding, thus never felt the urge or wanted a recluse clutch.

I guess I'm just old school with a lot of stuff.