meatmord

Best 450

Sweet bike kicker only. Meatmord that's something to consider especially if you do a lot of trail riding and stall a lot, kicking gets old quick.

True. I was out in the desert this weekend splitting time between my DRZ and a buddies CRF250.

I gotta say...the electric start is a beautiful thing.

Nice. '01 doesn't matter? Some here say '06 or newer.

What is RFS powered bike?

Yea, I almost died trying to kick Ken's bike in the desert yesterday. that had more to do with my stupidity than anything else, but the point re electric starters is well taken.

Plated? Wtf.

Your gonna show up to the desert race with a licence plate and blinkers?

That's cool.

Get a Yamaha since you already own Honda and Yam and use Motoworld.

That way when me you and Kenny are mashing the county Parks it will be Hon/Suz /Yam (in that order).

You'd never hear the end of it from Kenny if you bought into orange.

Get a green sticker...and avoid all the hassle. A plate is awesome, too...opens up the whole desert

Get your Buddy to sell him my old 98 YZ400......he rarely rides it (right?)........cheap & awesome power "with a plate"......

looks good, but IMHO the worst starting/stalling bike ever....even well tuned harder to relight than a freaking BSA B50!!! that's if my HO matters.

Look around at these-- 2008+ WR450F (carburetor models) that age era of estart Yam 450s for the price range maybe find one- seen them go into the teens on mileage with hardcore (very) riders on board. one of the best do-all 450s. IMHO Yam has a much better normal person chassis than Honda.

I agree newer wr450 with e start. Rfs bikes refer to ktm 00-07 4 stroke models some of most reliable bikes out there. Can find good deals on 04-07 bikes either 450 or 525. 525 would be more desert racer and 450 a do all.

Regarding the YZ400 with a plate. Yer right; he never rides it. But it is a bit of a starting nightmare for him; kick only and a firm kick at that. I expect it is a great desert bike, but not my first choice for the local trails. Is OP really wants me to ask, I can

Thanks Slut, prob hold off - 16 years seems a bit old, no?

Jim, the 450x is a bit out of range, yea. I've heard the CR500 is a bit much for me. I mean, I'm probably being hasty going for a 450 (I saw your bow-indian comment, Slut [probably right]), so Ill prob hold off on the CR500. Also, that B is twenty years old. I'm just worried with those older bikes I'm not gonna be able to keep it running. Although I am totally committed to roosting Ken and Darren, mostly Darren. Ken helps me when I crash in the sand, Darren roosts me. They'll get whats coming soon enough.

Get a 250 2 stroke cheap to fix and you can trash it around and not cry when you drop it. That's what I did kept my new bike and got a older yz250 makes a great trail bike and can fly in the sand.

Get a 250 2 stroke cheap to fix and you can trash it around and not cry when you drop it. That's what I did kept my new bike and got a older yz250 makes a great trail bike and can fly in the sand.

This is a tempting proposition.

Exactly that's a really good deal too. Full set of plastic is 130 bucks so don't worry about scratches and kicks over super easy

1200 cash I bet would buy it then you can ride it for a year or two save up money and build skills and sell it for same as you bought it for and upgrade to orange plated

2012 or newer WR450. Platable and the power is perfect for ST and open desert. 2012 was the first year of FI. The best thing to happen to dirt bikes since e-start.( I don't even have an estart dirt bike.)

2012 or newer WR450. Platable and the power is perfect for ST and open desert. 2012 was the first year of FI. The best thing to happen to dirt bikes since e-start.( I don't even have an estart dirt bike.)

Plateable where? With enough money you can plate anything, but it's not an easy thing. You have to know someone in the DMV world willing to break the rules. On a $3500 bike you'd spend another 15-20% getting a plate for it. Not exactly smart money for a guy on a budget. Not to mention used 2102+ WR's typically go for double his budget.

Here a 2006 plated wr 450. $ 3,300

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/5222276855.html

the 06 is fairly safe to keep the plate on; my old 06 has traded hands a few times with no DMV issues. If it's plated, it already has the signal lighting, brake light, battery and electric start.

It also comes with a kick starter which is good, because the battery doesn't seem to last long in my experience.

I would not recommend using the WR as a freeway blaster... more than one internet story about cooking the oil at high speeds and losing 5th gear. But for a street legal dirt bike, it's pretty awesome. it didn't fit my 6' 1", bad knee body, but has a great engine, good transmission ratios, good rear suspension (I hate the front until George fixed it; then it was incredible).

I would still suggest a Joe Hauler or a truck to get that bike to the good stuff

I sold my 08 CA plated WR450 last fall. The new owner had no issue keeping the plate. Great bike and extremely reliable.

Bought a plated '12 WR450 about a year and a half ago, no issues w/ police or DMV regarding the plate.