Street legal DS machine.really ready to ride and ready to race out of the box.

out of the box amazing. strikingly beautiful and works as good as she looks.

"strikingly beautiful and works as good as she looks."

Robert,,,You may want to work on your presentation if you are looking for Big Impact. One could mark it down to the negative impact of a punishing day watching Football.

:whistle::cool04:

Nice review. Glad they're on firm footing now.

I think Husky's are in my DNA since I watched Dad growing up. Someday.

FH000059_zpscc5b18e1.jpg

Wait for it...wait for it...

never wait. let fiscal irresponsibility prevail!!!

Motorcyclist review of the street legal Huskys

"The biger bike is the way to go."

Well, to each his/her own. I like how much my 450 lugs through things, but I think the way the 350 handles (only know this through readings and people who have them) with it's motor and lighter chassis makes for more control on the single track and rocks. Granted you have to shift more and maybe it's not as smooth as the 501, but that extra "less" weight and machine control just seems that much more appealing than the bigger beast. Of course, if you're looking to ride the road/use up the gear box range then yeah, the five hundee is the beast to use.

At Least One of my big bore pals uses the term Sewing Machine to describe the 350. Flattering,,really. Coming from tractor rider.

:ohno02:

From my point of view,

TE310 = Scalpel:
A small and extremely sharp bladed instrument used for surgery, anatomical dissection
XR650r = Maul:
A tool with a heavy head and a handle, used for tasks such as ramming, crushing, and driving wedges
I'm sure you could categorize the FE350/350exc and KTM 690 similarly.

Truth is weight wise the FE350 and FE501 are about the same/very close, its perceived weight due to rotating engine mass and type of engine set up. 350 is more of a hopped up 250, with boosted bottom, mid, revs out to almost 450cc power at high rpm, feels lighter and for 99% of us easier to manage due to less/softer power in the "ride rpm" "normal" "99%er" zone.

FE 501 has the big tractor (KTM) engine. Even the ZipTy guys say the OEM FE501 is a monster power bike out of the box (FE standard off road only model not the S model).

And the (KTM) 350cc base power plant is renowned for it world class power as well (has a few MX1 MXGP World Championships under its belt).

making sense for me-

FE350S DS use target more for DOT bike access for trail rides in "smaller" trails (my choice for all around use is the FE350S)

FE501S DS use target for more open riding dez/dirt road tracks, longer distance destination rides.

fe350s.png

You're Welcome. Personally, I would switch to White fork protectors.

My Swedish /Italian Cagiva produced 610 Husky is just a beautiful rocket to the heavens .

Thank you Husqvarna .that FE501 has my eye.

the classic TE 610 has my heart.

Swung by Moto-Forza yesterday to check out the new Huskys. Wow, they are sweet! They are basically the equivalent KTM, but for an extra $50 (MSRP) you get a hotter cam (MORE POWER!!), better forks, linkage suspension, billet triples, and a composite subframe. That seems like a great deal by itself, but they are also discounting the 350s, and 501s by almost a $1000 right now. I'm not in the market for one today, so if anyone is looking, I thought I'd pass it along...

Swung by Moto-Forza yesterday to check out the new Huskys. Wow, they are sweet! They are basically the equivalent KTM, but for an extra $50 (MSRP) you get a hotter cam (MORE POWER!!), better forks, linkage suspension, billet triples, and a composite subframe. That seems like a great deal by itself, but they are also discounting the 350s, and 501s by almost a $1000 right now. I'm not in the market for one today, so if anyone is looking, I thought I'd pass it along...

It took me another read, but at first I thought I read that they are "discontinuing the 350s and 501s." And of course that made me say, WHAAAAA-huh-UT! But of course I read it wrong. Me's like discounts and a buddy of mine just got his 350s. I'll have to steal it from him soon. Although I have no idea what I would do with it as I can not seem to ditch being sick.

Rev5 will most likely get an even studlier deal..

PS how did this get into the ride report section?

Thank goodness they went back to the same(almost) colors as mine. Hey Robertaccio js the stock rear tire on an 06 TE510 a 140 width? I looked at the new ones and that's what they have.