paulmbowers

¡Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY! N00b ride, September 7th! (Day of In

Why so far south all the time? I'd love to make this but riding 100 miles to do a ride and then riding 100 miles home isn't in the cards. Have fun! :)

Maybe because we live here?

Looks like i am out for this one.

Going to get some pedaling in at SS to lose some of the post surgery LBs so i don't lose my modeling contract with Haynes. Have fun, and ride safe!

On the plus side, i ordered all my comm gear, so i will help the setup done and dialed in for the next one.

Enjoy

I thought it was a contract with fruit of the loom :)

Why so far south all the time? I'd love to make this but riding 100 miles to do a ride and then riding 100 miles home isn't in the cards. Have fun! :)

Maybe because we live here?

It was rhetorical of course. But I know where you live and it's not anywhere near the 905. :)

We have some central guys (bowers is an example) some North county guys (dame, crawdaddy, schwinn) some East county guys (me, champ, carguy)...I don't know the North Areas...I don't even know South Areas. That's why I rely on bowers for otay. Corral and Lark I know fairly well; I can lead a group there

Hi Paul & Bob

I have a dance event the night before but I might try to join you guys on this ride if you don't mind a vintage tagalong. If I am not there on time don't wait for me. I think the Slut has my cell phone. May be hard to get there on time from my location.

Thanks Paul.

I will do what I can to make it.

I will be on a 1984 Honda XL350R.

Count me in for now. I've got a radio setup and can ride sweep on the Big Blue Pig if need be.

Zenosan....would be great to see u....been too long....hope u can make it !

Ok, this one is a maybe for the supermoto.

Yeah- about rain....

Please stay tuned to this thread. Typically a little rain does not bother anyone, but this is a n00b ride, and therefore weather-sensitive. I won't lead n00bs into a field of slimey snot- too much to go wrong.

BE SURE TO CHECK THIS THREAD SUNDAY MORNING- I'll make the call before 0600.

Yeah- about rain....

Please stay tuned to this thread. Typically a little rain does not bother anyone, but this is a n00b ride, and therefore weather-sensitive. I won't lead n00bs into a field of slimey snot- too much to go wrong.

BE SURE TO CHECK THIS THREAD SUNDAY MORNING- I'll make the call before 0600.

Roger that. Forecast for SD looks good, but rain in BB where i was gonna MTB

Will check the thread Sunday AM though.

Thanks

Lurking, with strong possibility of attending.

Did a ride with BS, Trophy and a few others several months ago at Lark and enjoyed it greatly, so looking forward to another!

10% chance of rain Sunday right now...bowers; reminder I have a radio but missing the cord the goes from the backpack to the drive sprocket

I have a radio but missing the cord the goes from the backpack to the drive sprocket

Wow, that's really odd. :tired:

I seem to recollect having a conversation very similar to this with someone LAST WEEK. Wonder who that was- I know you'd have already ordered a replacement because you're supposed to sweep a n00b ride Sunday.

BTW- lurkers/non-members- you are welcome to join us. You should be prepared for dirt and motorcycling...both of which are potentially harmful to you and your bike. SDAR, myself and bowers are not putting this ride on in any official capacity. We take no responsibility for any damage to you or your bike...it may get scratched or worse- this is about as easy as dirtbiking gets, but things happen. do not feel rushed to keep up... a sweeper will be right behind the last rider, doing his best to help you negotiate the terrain. There "may" be one water crossing; last ride in this area we had 20 people and everybody made it through...we are here to help if needed and heckle if possible. if you have ANY hesitation, tell the ride leader at the beginning, and we'll adapt as necessary. Looking forward to meeting old friends and new friends alike

Bob - I can give an extra cable set to Randy when he picks up the bike if you'd like. He can deliver at the ride, I'm thinkin'. Lemme know.

Bob - I can give an extra cable set to Randy when he picks up the bike if you'd like. He can deliver at the ride, I'm thinkin'. Lemme know.

"Why, that would be great!", said Bob.

I will try to make it- need to fail test my HID again. If I don't get called out again like last Sunday I am in. Riding a xr650r

Please feel comfort knowing the bike in the sweep position will stay behind you even if you motion them to pass. Ride your own ride and have fun!