paulmbowers

¡Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY! N00b ride, September 7th! (Day of In

PMB and BS are once again producing a SDAR Noob Ride, September 7th beginning with a mandatory rider's meeting at 0730.

Our meeting point is across from Aquatica in Chula Vista, and here is a handy map link.

All participants should be properly equipped with a solid bike (not started for the first time in 3 months, ahem), fueled and ready to roll. Riders should be well-equipped with appropriate boots, helmet and other gear.

This will be a n00b-paced ride- slow and steady, plenty of stops for discussion and sightseeing. Nobody is left behind, belittled or otherwise neglected. Experienced riders may be bored, but are welcome to tag along and help others- remember, you were a noob once!

PMB and BS assume no responsibility for anyone or anything. Ride at your own risk and at your own speed.

See you there!

Will this be in the dirt, where dirt bikes go? For those not familiar, this is a great ride and if past routes are any indication, a plated bike is needed.

I'll be tied up with a going away BBQ for my daughter and 4 grandkids so HAVE FUN...!!!

I'm not in but regardless of PMB's nay saying, this is a fun ride, don't be shy.

Did I naysay?

Sorry, yes, fun WILL be had. Please don't be shy- we have plenty of more advanced rides for ourselves and like to put these on to help others.

Yes, dirt.

Was kidding but you did say "may be bored" :tired:

Any new noobs lurking, sign up & ride, very entertaining ride crew and route(s)

Yeah, just didn't want anybody experienced to show up and want to split the group, etc. We will have faster and slower riders, but this ride is mostly for the slower, more cautious riders.

Yeah, just didn't want anybody experienced to show up and want to split the group, etc.

Good point! I ride with many different folks and some do just that.

Some people just don't get the whole "Relax and enjoy the comradare" thing.

Can't meet new people/friends if you are too busy chasing the proverbial trophy. :)

Good on you Senor Bowers! If i make it i can volunteer to sweep if you'd like.

Good on you Senor Bowers! If i make it i can volunteer to sweep if you'd like.

You gotsa radio?

You gotsa radio?

Just a really crappy Scala based SRC system i am not at all impressed with.

After the big bear run last weekend, i will be looking for a setup like you guys all run soon. Just need to read that thread and decipher excactly what i need.

Good point, sweep should have comms.. I fail

Good point, sweep should have comms.. I fail

Still time. Call RR right now.

Kevin - I have 2 full radio set ups. You're welcome to borrow one for Sunday if you like.

Lurking... GS... Sweepish...

I do have to start moving the next day...

This is a plated ride, correct? I'm looking for something like this to meet some new people, but I have a KTM 300xc (2 stroke) so street is out of the question for now.

This is a plated ride, correct? I'm looking for something like this to meet some new people, but I have a KTM 300xc (2 stroke) so street is out of the question for now.

Yes, this is a plated ride...sorry.

OK, I might come out and play. I promise not to roost anyone but BS. It will be on the 950. I will not know for sure till Sat Night.

I'm in...TrophyHunter was very generous to offer to loan me his 650 for this since my bikes are in maintenance mode (except the street bike).

So I'll be there and thanks to Paul and Slut for organizing.

I can help sweep or whatever....just help others on the trail if needed.

And many thanks to Trophy....we have so many good people on SDAR !

Why so far south all the time? I'd love to make this but riding 100 miles to do a ride and then riding 100 miles home isn't in the cards. Have fun! :)

Looks like i am out for this one.

Going to get some pedaling in at SS to lose some of the post surgery LBs so i don't lose my modeling contract with Haynes. Have fun, and ride safe!

On the plus side, i ordered all my comm gear, so i will help the setup done and dialed in for the next one.

Enjoy