Goofy Footer

Moon Ride - Friday Aug 8th

I'm looking to do a night ride this coming weekend. On Friday, August 8th the moon will be 97% visible.

A ride in the local desert would be sweet. I'm open to other ideas too if you have them! If there is interest maybe some of the crew can grab dinner before and then meet at dusk and ride into the night. I'll be on a plated 250. I'll loop back to the trucks but if you want to camp somewhere along the ride that's cool too.

Get those lights wired up and let's ride!

post-14322-0-89720400-1407037054.jpg

Myself and a group of four or five are doing Glamis that friday night. Plenty of room if you want to grab a ride.

Thanks for the offer hobiee. I'd definitely like to try Glamis sometime but I don't have a paddle and I'm on a 250f at the moment. A 450 or 250T would be a lot of fun there!

ADV bum - very cool, please keep me posted.

I'm open to desert or mountains but I'm afraid some of the fireroads may be closed due to the rains. Kato also expressed interest and hodnetjj is a possibility too. The Ocotillo Wells mudhills would be pretty fun at night, as would play riding in Superstition. Another option would be the Warner Springs to Thomas Mtn run. Lots of options.

Sounds fun, too bad I'm not ashore.

Me and my headlight from the 90s express interest fooooo sho

Thanks for the offer hobiee. I'd definitely like to try Glamis sometime but I don't have a paddle and I'm on a 250f at the moment. A 450 or 250T would be a lot of fun there!

ADV bum - very cool, please keep me posted.

I'm open to desert or mountains but I'm afraid some of the fireroads may be closed due to the rains. Kato also expressed interest and hodnetjj is a possibility too. The Ocotillo Wells mudhills would be pretty fun at night, as would play riding in Superstition. Another option would be the Warner Springs to Thomas Mtn run. Lots of options.

Tim, I have a complete rear set up with paddle we run on our 250f. You more then welcome to use if you like.

Sounds fun, too bad I'm not ashore.

How's the weather in Seattle? When you're back in SD, let's ride!

Me and my headlight from the 90s express interest fooooo sho

Lunar powah lighting, complementary of nature!

Tim, I have a complete rear set up with paddle we run on our 250f. You more then welcome to use if you like.

Thats a very nice offer Kelly! It looks like I have some interest in this ride so I'll stick with my plan to ride mixed dez. Thanks though!

lurking

Excellent! 97% moonlight, some cooler temps and night riding fun. I hope you can make it.

We could OHV in Ocotillo Wells or Superstition.

Or dualsport Pinyon Mtn to Fish Creek. If we can hit Pinyon while it's still dusk and could get through the Squeeze before it's dark, we could make one heck of a night ride loop!

If we can hit Pinyon while it's still dusk and could get through the Squeeze before it's dark, we could make one heck of a night ride loop!

Yes

Would love to....but 950 is down for long term preventive maintenance.

Would love to....but 950 is down for long term preventive maintenance.

I saw your RR for your recent street night ride. Night rides are fun! I hope to catch you on the trail soon once that 950 is fixed up.

If we can hit Pinyon while it's still dusk and could get through the Squeeze before it's dark, we could make one heck of a night ride loop!

Yes

Ding Ding Ding!

Who else is interested?

Love to, but a conflicting schedule this weekend sours my fun.

Have a good one.

Have a good one.

Next time wildwood!

Also lurking...

Excellent! I know you rode with Kato during a night ride last summer. This one will be lots of fun too.

Let's meet at 6 or 7pm in the desert. 7pm might allow those who work office/bank hours some time to get east (I'm flexible, we can work minor logistics out, let's ride!). I'll pay attention to what time dusk hits tonight and post back confirmation in a few hours. 80mile gas range, deep sand, headlights needed, bring extra water, tubes, tools etc.

Kato and I are IN. Kato might camp in Blair Valley, you're free to camp or ride/drive home. We'll ride into the night, you can bail anytime if you have to make it home, nobody left behind, safe & fun riding. Expect 100ish miles of riding. If interested, post up and I'll shoot you a PM.

I ll be riding out from la mesa via alpine/ boulder creek etc up to julian. If anyone wants to join post up/pm.

If you need to be back that night we can ride back, if not camp in blair valley and leave at dawn to be back early in sd (by 7am or so) saturday morning.

Im going with a group of riders doing a night ride in the desert on Saturday night. We plan to leave from Butterfield early evening and ride to Borrego and back if anyone is interested in tagging along. I will post specifics on Friday night.

So anyone camping other than Kato? Can we have a camp fire?

In the Park you will need an enclosed metal bin/bucket/fire ring - non perforated. Easy to throw in the back of a truck, not so easy to carry on a bike. I have one you guys could use.

I think OW has established fire rings in the bigger campgrounds but I'm not certain?

Have a good one.

Next time wildwood!

Also lurking...

Excellent! I know you rode with Kato during a night ride last summer. This one will be lots of fun too.

Let's meet at 6 or 7pm in the desert. 7pm might allow those who work office/bank hours some time to get east (I'm flexible, we can work minor logistics out, let's ride!). I'll pay attention to what time dusk hits tonight and post back confirmation in a few hours. 80mile gas range, deep sand, headlights needed, bring extra water, tubes, tools etc.

Kato and I are IN. Kato might camp in Blair Valley, you're free to camp or ride/drive home. We'll ride into the night, you can bail anytime if you have to make it home, nobody left behind, safe & fun riding. Expect 100ish miles of riding. If interested, post up and I'll shoot you a PM.

Sounds like a blast but I am working all weekend. Need to the the XRR out and put the HID to the test

I'm out...wife just informed me of family plans I didn't know about....Totally bummed!!

Well as much as I wanted to go and tried to make it work, I am out. Night riding sounds like a blast and I finally have some real headlights. Have fun and be safe.

I ll be leaving at 4 and take my time to get there. Maybe hike 3 sisters on my way. Yea im kidding.

If any late jumpers (eric?) Want to meet Pm or text my phone. Or see you at 7