Guest Crusty

When will it be available here? New plated bikes from Honda.

This sound like a case of whos got the bigger.......

Well if riding a few miles of rain ruts is your thing so be it. No doubt the. 230 is a fun little bike but as an all around dualsport it is not the epitome of current technology. BTW - what does this have to do with the discussion of Honda importing a new sd and the fact that KTM is kicking Honda's ass In the off road market?

Well if riding a few miles of rain ruts is your thing so be it. The 230f is a fun bike to be sure. I have one plated and it's a great little trail bike but it's not exactly on the leading edge of current technology. BTW - what has this got to do with the discussion of if Honda or any other Japanese mfr will import a trail worthy dualsport? As much as you hate to admit it KTM has made huge gains in the off-road market by delivering what the riding public wants. Do they sell more bikes than

Honda? Who cares.

Maybe we should create a DS 3 day challenge(I just watched the Penton movie). Start here in the dez with some technical stuff then you would have to ride the bike up to bass lake area with some more technical stuff, returning through Big Bear and then ending back in the dez. Who's in?

Maybe we start in Ocotillo, hit as much dirt as possible up through Big Bear, then ride to Lake Isabella where we could hit some more trails, then ride in reverse home. Lets do it!

Start here in the dez with some technical stuff then you would have to ride the bike up to bass lake area with some more technical stuff, returning through Big Bear and then ending back in the dez. Who's in?

In. Start new thread lets do this

This would be a great ride/ challenge. What bike to ride, Big (ouch in the dez/ tech}, Small (may blow the F up on the freeways)?

DR350, I'm in.

This would be a great ride/ challenge. What bike to ride, Big (ouch in the dez/ tech}, Small (may blow the F up on the freeways)?

My Husky and I are up for it!

Start here in the dez with some technical stuff then you would have to ride the bike up to bass lake area with some more technical stuff, returning through Big Bear and then ending back in the dez. Who's in?

In. Start new thread lets do this

for Kato that is about every ride!

Ya round the clock event with checkpoints.Sleep rest whenever you feel like it.

At this point I am out.

Im in, big time. What bike though? KTM or Honda? Is it a race? One day there and one day back, bam!

Mostly offroad!

DR350, XR650L, KTM450...all great bikes for this trip.....DRZ with stock gearing would work too...

DR350, XR650L, KTM450...all great bikes for this trip.....DRZ with stock gearing would work too...

KTM 500 is THE bike for this trip!

I'll ride my Honda. The 1980 XL80 (converted to XR configuration) PS technically it is (was) a street legal bike.

XR 400 would work

so why not here,

Google "DOT" & "EPA"

Short version is Honda is too big to care.

Guest Crusty

so why not here,

Google "DOT" & "EPA"

Short version is Honda is too big to care.

As KTM's dirt bike sales increase and Honda's decrease, when will we have a level playing field?

Did KTM buy Husky to spread their numbers?

Maybe a smart move for them.

Could Honda do the same?

Acura dual sports??

Some say Honda's pockets are too deep to sell unsafe non DOT bikes with plates.

If that is true, I am OK. with a safer bike.

when will we have a level playing field

It's time to realize that Honda is out of the game..it happened a long time ago.

I think they have been sitting on their hands waiting for an economic recovery.That is what I have been doing with my business.

A multi billion dollar company sitting on it's hands? Waiting for better times?

Yeah I'm sure the board of directors is doing just that.

XR 400 would work

Hell yes it would! And we would all have fun no matter what!

I think they have been sitting on their hands waiting for an economic recovery.That is what I have been doing with my business.

A multi billion dollar company sitting on it's hands? Waiting for better times?

Yeah I'm sure the board of directors is doing just that.

Well, lets say doing what makes the most money for your company, at the present time time.

You say they are out of the game, but I own 7 great red bikes,

and wouldn't trade any of them for an orange bike. :coolio:

The fact that Honda sells 130-1 shows that others, like myself,

aren't ready to jump on the band wagon

130-1 does not apply to socal dual sport sales, KTM owns this market. I'll bet the KLR out sells plated DS Hondas.