Brian Masters

2013 TE511 won't run

Went out to meet up at the track today. Didn't get to ride due to motorcycle issues. 2013 TE 511

In Neutral, it can be pushed around like normal.

it will start in any gear with the clutch pulled in, as soon as I start to let the clutch out it stalls.

In gear with the engine off, clutch pulled in it'll roll an inch or two then the output shaft locks up.

So you're saying it runs fine, just doesn't drive?

When you let the clutch out and it stalls....is it stalling like the brakes are on? Does it start in neutral and run ok then?

Does the bike have a kick stand cut out??

you may want to pull the clutch cover and inspect the clutch. It sounds like the problem is between the clutch and the primary side of the transmission if its "locking up" like you mentioned while in gear.

Does the bike have a kick stand cut out??

This is what I was thinking too. Does it run and sound normal with the clutch in?

I once had a similar problem- clutch lever boot was pressing the kill button.

Yep, stalls like i'm standing on the back brake while trying to ride off.

Runs and sounds normal with clutch pulled.

No kickstand cutout...

Primary side of the transmission is my guess. Dropping it off tomorrow... fingers crossed it isn't to expensive.

No kickstand cutout...

Primary side of the transmission is my guess. Dropping it off tomorrow... fingers crossed it isn't to expensive.

Doing a quick search, it seems there is a big problem with the huskies flaming out. CafeHusky/ Thumpertalk people seem to point at the FI or tuning. Have you remapped or added the JD tuner?

No kickstand cutout...

Doing a quick search, it seems there is a big problem with the huskies flaming out. CafeHusky/ Thumpertalk people seem to point at the FI or tuning. Have you remapped or added the JD tuner?

I didn't, though I bought it used I don't think the prior owner did such an upgrade.

just tried something different... clicked it up into 5th gear pulled in the clutch and pushed, still wants to lock up forward, but did move (not easily) backward with a horrific grinding sound ... I'm guessing a mechanical issue.

Want me to look at it? Diagnostic charge is case of beer.

Having a screw loose seems to be a common issue for people...just not in the clutch. :coolio:

That reminds me of a Husqy I borrowed a few years ago. It had about 1500 miles on it and the First day in the garage I had to tighten and torque just about every fastener on it. I never went internal but from the outside everything was loose.

Having a screw loose seems to be a common issue for people...just not in the clutch. :coolio:

A mental loose screw makes some people more entertaining. I don't suffer from insanity, I revel in it.

interesting looking clutch.

brad thats the bmw design/kymco built motor crankshaft clutch used on the gs450x then onto tc,te,txc449-511 huskys.

ps anything related to this 449/511 platform can be had in spades from zipty racing. they have the highest level of ongoing r&d and support for this bmw husky era platform. they are still doing follow on engineering and mod updates to bulletproof these bikes, their lead engineer (yes real post grad engineer) Michael H is arguably the most knowledgeable go to guy on the 449/511 platform. ive checked out his personal 511...its nutty good and waaaay powerful

www.ziptyracing.com

http://www.ziptyracing.com/husqvarna/

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/zip-ty-racing.92/