Picked up a new to me KTM 950 SE on Sunday. I've been looking for one since I sold my 990 Dakar

a couple of weeks ago. Paul sent me an email and said one just showed up on ADV Rider so I contacted the

guy and he lives off the Ortega highway, drove up and after a little negotiation he came down on his price

and threw in a new 908 tire, 3 tanks he had for the bike heated grips he hadn't installed, and a bunch of

other stuff he had laying around his garage. I'll post up an actual picture of the bike tomorrow. The bike has

the 8 gallon Safari tank on it with a 2 gallon side tank so with 10 gallons available it should have pretty good

range for some long rides.

Covered in Dust

post-13540-039577600 1368064489_thumb.jp

I've seen you ride - You'll need that big tank and that extra rear tire...

Congrats

Nice! You will love this bike, that makes 4 SE's that I know of on this site and in SD.

Still leaving on your trip and leaving that pretty girl home all alone?

Sweet ! I have always wanted one of them. I could get in loads of trouble with one ! :rolleyes:

Good Job!!!!!!!!!!! Waiting to see the real thing (pics) :friends:

Nice hooligan ride!

Nice bike to own. I wish KTM would bring that bike back. I saw one for the first time at KKug camping trip that he put on a couple of weeks ago at his home before everyone set off for the trip. I was impressed with that bike over the Adventure 990 and on ADV all I ever hear about that bike is good stuff and that that motor is strong and dependable.

Does it come with a step ladder ?

Does it come with a step ladder ?

No but they have ejection seats ........ :heh:

Congrats on the new wheels! What year is it? (if this is a dumb question because they only made it for one year, disregard).

1368156956[/url]' post='151603']

Congrats on the new wheels! What year is it? (if this is a dumb question because they only made it for one year, disregard).

The bike is an 08 bought new in June of 09. I purchased it from the original owner. I think the bikes were only made for 3 years but I'm not sure about this.

CiD

My research on the world wide web (which never lies) says that maybe all were produced in one run back in 2006 and then sold as 2007-2009 models with only sticker changes in 09. A few had passenger pegs but most not.

2007 was the end of the financial happy days in the US (and Europe) and KTM had trouble selling what they had so killed the model. Keep in mind that in 2007 this was uncharted territory then as the F800GS also came out that year and no one knew they really had a home run. YMMV

I wish they would make an FI 800cc based on the same bike (better rear shock) which should get better mpg and tire life creating the ultimate adventure bike, if I had the cash I would buy another SE and moth ball it for the future. The economy is coming back and I predict this bike will hold its value very well,

There will be a hole in the line up between the 690 and 1190 next year soooo maybe....

I was reading somewhere that they made the 950se for other markets through 2011. Or maybe they just sold through their 2006s for 5 years, suppose you never know.

You're right though, I'm surprised they're not keeping the 990 to compete with the f800 and the 1190 to go against the 1200gs.

I do know that last year model sold was 2009 although dealers had them on the floor for years after as NOS.

Took the SE for a little ride this morning, this bike is awesome. Being about 70# lighter than my 990 Dakar makes a huge difference off road. I need to dial in the suspension for my weight and adjust the bars and levers to where I like them and this will be a great adventure bike. Plus I'll buy some new stickers and clean up the plastic to make her pretty. The guy I bought her from used the bike for it's intended purpose, not like 90% of the SE's I see on ADV that look like they never see more than pavement or an occasional graded dirt road.

CiD

Not me or my photo in the last pic, I just liked it and it shows what the bike is made for.

post-13540-059779200 1368212264_thumb.jp

post-13540-038792200 1368212278_thumb.jp

post-13540-089702500 1368213833_thumb.jp