Slaugo

ABDSP/OcWells April 6, 2013

Bummer you cant get free, till later Saturday. But if it works out you wanna hual my tent out there?:rolleyes:/>/>/>/>/>

And can I borrow your tire Irons tonight. I might have to put some used knobbies on tonight.

Yes and yes. I probably wont be taking any hard trail there so 2 tents behind me should be ok unless yours is a 6 person super dome...

i can bring the irons after 8, i ll text you then

Cool, how about my five gallon fuel jug and my cooler with beer?:coolio:/>/>

My tent is plenty big. think its a four person tent. No need to bring two tents if you go....

thanks for the use of the irons. I'm looking for a little gription on this ride. I'm gonna pick mine up from the toybox when I head out there. Cant believe I brought one home and left five out there.......:blush:/>/>

Hey Wintyfresh and Daniel, didn't i ride with yous on the Otay Mt ride about a month or so ago? i think I remember now.

Yep, that was us!

I just bought a BRAND NEW (to me) 2000, KTM 640 LCE Enduro to replace my KLR and i was planning on heading out the desert on Sat for some fun and came across this post. If i can get the bike back together tomorrow then i will def join you for the sat ride out there through otay / border etc.

But that's IF i can get the bike working, because i tried to change my oil... and what looked like the oil filter cover was the case for the gears to my starter... and i cant get that cover back on because i have to put the gears back in and im... dumb?

Aaron (Calnub) is coming over to help me tomorrow. I'm sure we'll get it worked out. Right now though, im just going to drink beer.

An oil change on these things is rather beastly.... i already miss my KLR's ease of maintenance.

I just bought a BRAND NEW (to me) 2000, KTM 640 LCE Enduro to replace my KLR

:thumbsup_anim: Awesome!! Congrats on the new wheels. I'm sure you two can clank enough beers together to make it out by Sat. Not sure where we'll be riding, but as WintyFresh mentioned, we'll be stationed out of Split Mountain on north end off 78. Hope to run into ya'll.

HVYWT, I'm still planning to just hitch haul my bike out. Departing Oside at 8 and should make it to Packard's in Ramona by 9am. I'm bringing camping gear, cooler of beer, deli meat, brats, and other snacks. There's an extra mil-spec 3 piece sleeping bag rolling around in my car too if someone just wants to sleep on the ground. It will keep you plenty warm and has bivy bag so you won't get wet.

Wow talk about a run away train.

So Kris see you in the morning .

I read the posts and I think every one else has worked it out, if I missed something let me know.

I will check for update if there is any in the AM.

1365130289[/url]' post='148700']

Aaron (Calnub) is coming over to help me tomorrow. I'm sure we'll get it worked out. Right now though, im just going to drink beer.

Congrats, and your in good hands with Aaron coming over.

I'm thinking I might want to join in the fun Saturday. Where and when would I look for you guys Saturday morning?

I just bought a BRAND NEW (to me) 2000, KTM 640 LCE Enduro to replace my KLR and i was planning on heading out the desert on Sat for some fun and came across this post. If i can get the bike back together tomorrow then i will def join you for the sat ride out there through otay / border etc.

But that's IF i can get the bike working, because i tried to change my oil... and what looked like the oil filter cover was the case for the gears to my starter... and i cant get that cover back on because i have to put the gears back in and im... dumb?

An oil change on these things is rather beastly.... i already miss my KLR's ease of maintenance.

Cool, beer will fix most things...I'll be looking for you.

I'm thinking I might want to join in the fun Saturday. Where and when would I look for you guys Saturday morning?

Dont know where you are but im in La Mesa and everyone met here last time and sunrise. But I'm open to meet along the way too.

And can I borrow your tire Irons tonight. I might have to put some used knobbies on tonight.

Yes and yes. I probably wont be taking any hard trail there so 2 tents behind me should be ok unless yours is a 6 person super dome...

i can bring the irons after 8, i ll text you then

Dude, I went on a 25 mile cyclocross ride today came home and msged you and fell asleep...LOL Then i heard your voice mail that you stopped by but didnt remember the addy....

So sorry, im a knucklehead. Iphone didnt even wake me up....tomorrow moring I can cruise by and then bring them right back if thats cool.

I just bought a BRAND NEW (to me) 2000, KTM 640 LCE Enduro to replace my KLR

:thumbsup_anim:/> Awesome!! Congrats on the new wheels. I'm sure you two can clank enough beers together to make it out by Sat. Not sure where we'll be riding, but as WintyFresh mentioned, we'll be stationed out of Split Mountain on north end off 78. Hope to run into ya'll.

HVYWT, I'm still planning to just hitch haul my bike out. Departing Oside at 8 and should make it to Packard's in Ramona by 9am. I'm bringing camping gear, cooler of beer, deli meat, brats, and other snacks. There's an extra mil-spec 3 piece sleeping bag rolling around in my car too if someone just wants to sleep on the ground. It will keep you plenty warm and has bivy bag so you won't get wet.

Cool, FN, can I use the bivy bag? itll save me the tent and sleeping bag? Le tme know asap.....

And congrats on the bike. Let us know if you get it ready. Like I said before, if I dont haul heavy out there I'm gonna hit the dirt and twisties on my way out.

Dont know where you are but im in La Mesa and everyone met here last time and sunrise. But I'm open to meet along the way too.

I don't do the early morning thing so well. Going to try to borrow my daughters truck and drive out to ABDSP. Do you have a plan for meeting up at the park? I'll probably have room for a bike if anyone needs a ride (from Descanso)

they are camping off of spit mt rd. WintyFresh, Daniel and HVYWT psoted up off the split mt road and look for the grey Tundra. It's north of trestles and south of the paved end of split mt road. Pm them, I'm just gonna ride till i find them or run into them.

Logroller here are the pix of the new GoPro setup I'm using on this ride. Looks like the old one but its improved a bit for strength...

I'll post two pix, one of the old mount front axle mount and one of the new and improved stainless bar mounted. Hope it helps.. I use some rubber electrical tape for a bit more cushion but the bar mount above the front fork action seems to be more stable than the axle mount. But I really like that axle mount view. You can mount this mount anywhere there is a nut and or bolt that allow for clearance and of course a great view. I've videotaped my shifting toe, clutch hand and yada, yada yada....

post-15232-007813500 1365143517_thumb.jp

post-15232-091411600 1365143529_thumb.jp

Slaugo, you've got dibs on the bag and it's already packed. I've got a second mil sleeping set too that I'll toss in if I remember. Alright, I gotta get some sleep or I'll be late in the morning.

PS - sweet GoPro setup. I'll get with you later to talk mounting options..

Slaugo, you've got dibs on the bag and it's already packed. I've got a second mil sleeping set too that I'll toss in if I remember. Alright, I gotta get some sleep or I'll be late in the morning.

PS - sweet GoPro setup. I'll get with you later to talk mounting options..

Sweet, thanks I do appreciate that. Good looking out. So I got a tent/ bag for sleep. Offer to share fuel, offer to share in the potluck meal for Saturday night. Ill pitch on se cash of someone brings a few extra beers. Just need to figure out a route to route to get there and put some knobbies on change the oil and then a departing time. Thanks SDAR members for the help. Looking forward to moving some dirt with yous peeps.

AM check every one looks good to go.

A cup of coffee , a banana, load some fire wood and good to go .

Daniel and Wintyfresh you have a spot that you go so we will find you after you get there.

We'll be in white chev with white bike trailer.

From what I know, north of tracks and east of split mountain rd. :coolio:

Daniel and Wintyfresh you have a spot that you go so we will find you after you get there.

From what I know, north of tracks and east of split mountain rd. :coolio:/>/>

Yeah we'll be a mile or two down the road that follows the train tracks. You all will probably get there before I do, so if I see you on the way in I'll try to jump on my bike and ride over once I'm set up.

Yeah we'll be a mile or two down the road that follows the train tracks.

Good to know......I may get a wild hair and head out that way tomorrow....see Hoss/see you guys.......we'll see....

post-15232-057980300 1365183776_thumb.jpOK, here's what we know. Daneil and WintyFresh are

Gonna be two miles or so down from the pavement end of Split Mt rd south towards Trestles.

Here is Daniels truck to look for, shouldnt be too hard. Also a red toyota and a white truck with a white trailer if im not mistaken.

Simply enough to find a runaway Train...

Besides Jon and myself Im waiting to see if anyone wants to ride out from Diego at early dark thirty.

Jon, hit me up. Like to know your thoughts on Grapevine from the bottom of Banner to Culp (SP) to Monti to the dirt from borego to OcWells. how we get there to Banner is still up for some thought. Maybe otay to borderfence/tecate to campo to Buckman to Kernin to PV cul de sac twisty to Jullian hit banner then dirt again?

Kato, thanks for the irons im about to crank with them and I'll be over later, I'll text before I return them. will be looking for you tomorrow also.

Pic of Daniels truck for those that missed it

Here's my truck. We'll also have a black F150, my blue DRZ400, and two red CRF230Ls. I'll probably arrive a little before 5. As the night goes on expect lots more vehicles, it'll be a pretty big group.

MzdRm45.jpg

riding out saturday afternoon from SD, i should be in the area around 3 or 4pm depending on what route I'm taking. I'll stop by the store on split mountain for something to grill and will be looking for you guys and the camp. holler if you see me pass by, white bike blue helmet like the avatar. cya!

riding out saturday afternoon from SD, i should be in the area around 3 or 4pm depending on what route I'm taking. I'll stop by the store on split mountain for something to grill and will be looking for you guys and the camp. holler if you see me pass by, white bike blue helmet like the avatar. cya!

Cool, make sure you keep us updates when u have a signal and we'll look out for you. Of not we'll be on a ride and catch you when we get back. You gonna camp overnight? Fogot to ask you, if so we need to plan a nice loop home ;)

Jon call me about a loop out ride ASAP. I'm on knobbies so let's talk. I can help you switch to dirt in 20 minutes? I do the front while you do the back them the Chain and were set

Cool, make sure you keep us updates when u have a signal and we'll look out for you. Of not we'll be on a ride and catch you when we get back. You gonna camp overnight? Fogot to ask you, if so we need to plan a nice loop home ;)

overnighting!

My Dad and I are itching for a ride tomorrow, we basically live in la mesa and are down to ride out at dawn, but is anyone riding back sat afternoon or night or are you guys all camping? Otherwise we will probably truck it out, and meet at the camp site in the morning, ride all day, truck home (I want to camp, trying to convince the old man). Thanks.

Justin.

Slaugo - So otay mtn, Tecate border, buckman springs to corral cyn out to pine valley, wachamacallit? tt on the backside of pine valley up to sunrise hwy to julian. I'll swap to da nobs tonight and bring a tire iron on my fork again. I'll see you by 6am. Sounds like a quick pace action packed morning for me! P.S. I'll have freeway gearing on for my bonzi run back on the freeway. :crazy: