Lurking... any "big bikes" going i might jump in as well!

Sorry I didn't post that I live on the grounds of Mt. Empire High School, the launch site /parking will be in the "bus circle " right in front of the high school, there may be other vehicles there because jeepers park there to unload on weekends to go to Corral Cyn. 3291 Buckman Springs Rd., about a mile and a half south of I-8, get off at Buckman(rest area) turn right, only viable way to go. No pass required, Leo I'll go thru my riding bag, I think I have knee pads etc, you can have. Don't worry your bike will be OK, when I got mine it was pristine it stayed that way for a while.

Uncle C.

Is this DR650able? If so, I'm in.

I'm sure you can handle it!

Uncle Champ - thanks - I confuse easily - just ask my ex.

Sorry, Yes boys and girls Charlie (uncle champ) lives at the school. It is a great place to start from. This will be a fun ride a little cool but fun.

(Disclaimer: I've never ridden Thyng Valley)

FYI not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but;

I was doing a road ride on Thursday (yesterday) on Sunrise Hwy and the gate at the top of Thyng Valley road which is visible from the highway was closed. Maybe you guys/gals know that there is an easy way around it? Also there are a few inches of slushly snow on the ground in the shady parts that will add to the fun.

If most of the 80 miles is dirt?, I may convince myself to get my ass out of bed early in Murrieta and come down.

Have fun!!

......FYI not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but;

Well, I'll TRY not to take offense to THAT statement!!!....LOL...(must have a sense of humour)...I don't spell it that way anyway.....

Pending LOTS OF WORK..........I'm a "maybe"....I'll call you tonight if I'm going to make it charlie....thanks for organizing....

Never seen Thing valley closed at Sunrise....hmmmmm....

Forest service SOMETIMES closes roads due to rain, erosion, etc......so possibly could be why, or to keep all the snow sledding tourists out of there over the holidays???..................we'd be coming up from the other direction anyway....

......FYI not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but;

Well, I'll TRY not to take offense to THAT statement!!!....

Debbie, not Debie.

You're safe.

No worries on a 650, Debie I would love to show you around the south south side of the county, nobody be scared this ride is totally adjustable. Also we will be stopping at Cameron Corners for fuel and snacks if needed, about a half hour into the ride so there should be no worries about fuel range and we will be in sight of a fuel station (golden acorn) pretty much all the time.

Remember this is just a fun outing not a race or a competition, we will stop often if wanted, take pictures, have lunch or whatever. There are unlimited bailouts and we will try to stick to dirt as much as possible.

See anyone at 9, send me a PM if you want my # or more info.

Charlie

Thing Valley Rd. info here:

http://www.fs.usda.g...stelprdb5340229

Geeeeez.....lots of roads closed.....seems the reasons "law enforcement, health and safety"....or "subject to closure depending on weather"......are used ALOT and could remain that way for a while????......luckily we still have the desert to ride this time of year....seems the mountains will be frustrating to adventure in... sad.gif/>

It is supposed to be 65 tomorrow in Jacumba. I'll look for you at the power line tower at Lake D about 930-10 AM.

seems the mountains will be frustrating to adventure in... sad.gif/>

More like creative.... :party:

seems the mountains will be frustrating to adventure in... sad.gif/>

More like creative.... :party:/>

you riding Mimi?

John, burgers for breakfast

you riding Mimi?

Was thinking about it. The left arm is still pretty black and blue and tender, but as long as it doesn't touch anything....

you riding Mimi?

Was thinking about it. The left arm is still pretty black and blue and tender, but as long as it doesn't touch anything....

What could it possibly touch? Why black and blue? Gangfight?

Sorry I didn't post that I live on the grounds of Mt. Empire High School, the launch site /parking will be in the "bus circle " right in front of the high school, there may be other vehicles there because jeepers park there to unload on weekends to go to Corral Cyn. 3291 Buckman Springs Rd., about a mile and a half south of I-8, get off at Buckman(rest area) turn right, only viable way to go. No pass required, Leo I'll go thru my riding bag, I think I have knee pads etc, you can have. Don't worry your bike will be OK, when I got mine it was pristine it stayed that way for a while.

Uncle C.

ahh cool thanks a lot man.

i rode around today and went down dairy road(graded road with some rough spots and washboard) after heading up to el cap res.

went a little faster than i did on viejas grade.

experienced my first rough spot that makes your handlebars turn when you dont want them too haha

fun overall. i think ill be good if tomorrow is mostly fire roads and stuff

I guess you didn't read my New Years day ride report.

I guess you didn't read my New Years day ride report.

Uh ya... I read it but missed that part :unsure: . Just read it again. Ouch! So that means you got it out of your system.

Ok, if there is food I will be there. But baby KTM is being a B-I-T-C-H. so I will be on the 950 Adventure :torch:

Uh ya... I read it but missed that part :unsure:/> . Just read it again. Ouch! So that means you got it out of your system.

Anyway, I plan on showing up in the morning.

Im out, you guys and gals have fun!

Hey Afry I was going to buy your lunch for making the sale possible on my Joe Hauler device. Let me see , rain check-no rain check-rain ch...

1357363460[/url]' post='141397']

Hey Afry I was going to buy your lunch for making the sale possible on my Joe Hauler device. Let me see , rain check-no rain check-rain ch...

What, and watch me eat all the profits? :)

I promised a fellow (fellowette?) SDAR to work on her bike tomorrow and hoped to do it tonight instead but work got in the way. I do look forward to riding with you again - next time.

I'm pulling the bail trigger on this one as well. It's my first day off since getting back from VA for the holidays and I leave for a work trip tomorrow..I'm gonna clean up the house a bit and relax. That and 80 miles of interstate at 32 degrees does not sound fun this morning just to get there. Have fun guys and I'll make it down there again eventually.