dsfox

SAT DECEMBER 22, Anza Borrego Ride

PRE-CHRISTMAS RIDE: SATURDAY DEC. 22ND

Several of us will be riding saturday....about 100 mile loop through North Anza Borrego Desert State Park..

highlights: Grapevine/Culp valley, Fonts point, Dirt all the way to Salton City, Coral wash/arch, lunch in salton city, Back through Tule wash/pumpkin patch, cross over trail....Buttes pass trail, Old Borrego road....About 80 percent dirt....expect some sand, deep at times, but otherwise not a tough route...

some of this is probably not suitable for some big bikes...but I won't claim what is / is not Big bike friendly...(gotten in trouble before for that :blink:/>)

some of you ride anything on big bikes...others would hate the washes...

KICKSTANDS UP AND ROLLING AT 9 AM.....

MEET : TAMARISK GROVE CAMPGROUND, 8:30 AM (closed but great parking along Yaqui Pass road S3, just North of highway 78 )

please be ready to ride by 9.......

CAMPING:

Many of us are camping close by for the weekend,if you want to join us....PM me BEFORE Thursday night if you'd like details..weather looks great, a little chilly.....

To everyone Else....Please have a Merry and Safe Christmas!!! :D/>

I think I can swing this if I get some household/shopping chores done on Friday......I'll probably be riding The Smoker (assuming we're stopping for gas in Salton City :blink:)

Please email me tracks if you threw some together. Otherwise we'll just......

wingit1.jpg

In...

Looking to see if there's any interest in riding on Sunday also?

77.8657% in on this.

Hall pass application completed and submitted, approval pending.

some of this is probably not suitable for some big bikes...but I won't claim what is / is not Big bike friendly...

77.8657% in on this.

post-14289-038198200 1355930952_thumb.jp

Sounds like fun......................putting it on the radar 77.9657%

77.8657% in on this.

Is the 520 back in action or did you bury it in the backyard?

77.8657% in on this.

Is the 520 back in action or did you bury it in the backyard?

The 565 Frankenbike thrives on, and that's the bike of choice for this ride.

I'd bring the Big Girl if I had some decent tires and demonstrate the abilities of a skilled rider on a spirited machine.

Personally, I don't know how anyone could drop a bike on a smooth straight two track.unsure.gif

At least not get photographed doing it. rolleyes.gif

Bagstr

Bozeman or I would be there. Have fun crew.

post-14289-038198200 1355930952_thumb.jp

Sounds like fun......................putting it on the radar 77.9657%

Would love to go, but got other things going on....my Airhead BMW friends are having a "survived the end of the world" get together on Saturday (if we survive) and my good friend Ron (Dual BMW) will be down from NorCal.

I can't we will be at Patton Valley, Megan little girlfriends are coming in from Az. so dad gets to go to the sand 3DAYS before x-mas, stress stress

Personally, I don't know how anyone could drop a bike on a smooth straight two track.unsure.gif

At least not get photographed doing it. rolleyes.gif

Aw, I'm getting killed here...I PROMISE the sand was deep there, and those tires SUCK in it.

Never should have posted it....mad.gif

Did I tell you about eh time Riggah ran REALLY wide on a turn in Utah? Almost hurt a boulder with his body?

Sounds awesome. I have super moto ride planned for Sunday but let me see if I can pull off back to back rides.

And just confirm there will be a fuel stop? I'm just running a stock tank right now and am guessing my range is under 100 miles.

Thanks!

Sounds awesome. I have super moto ride planned for Sunday but let me see if I can pull off back to back rides.

And just confirm there will be a fuel stop? I'm just running a stock tank right now and am guessing my range is under 100 miles.

Thanks!

There will be gas in Borrego Springs & Salton Sea...

77.8657% in on this.

Hall pass stamped and approved, probability raised to 88.6875%

Sweet, happy more can join us..

We'll have a good group!!!

Perhaps we will split into a fast group and one who moves at a more "leisurely" pace.....meet at breaks/lunch?...we shall see what the consensus is..

(I know what some of the unnamed guests' "lollipop" pace is....I would break something for sure.. :blink:/> ) and I've been injury free for almost a year now and plan to keep it that way...wisdom grows with experience...

see you at 8:30 saturday...call me if needed, most of you have my info..

I've been injury free for almost a year now and plan to keep it that way...

This may return to haunt you....

I've been injury free for almost a year now and plan to keep it that way...

This may return to haunt you....

well, of course every time we get on a bike there is risk, BUT, alot of that is in our own hands....THUS, why stay at a more "leisurely" pace, and don't choose obstacles of higher risk ratio's.......not pushing the speed envelope....just don't need that adrenaline....rather stay safer....

heading out this morning...see you all out there.....not sure any cell service,......dave tells me tamarisk grove campground may be open? we may be camped there then?....

ciao!!

and don't choose obstacles of higher risk ratio's.......not pushing the speed envelope....just don't need that adrenaline....rather stay safer....

Chix. wink.gif

a little last minute, but anyone want to carpool from North Park? I've got a truck and can take another or if you can take me and my bike i'll split gas, otherwise I might just ride the 620 all the way out... might even go up through ocotillo off the 8, just have to get there uber early.

970-708-1990

Aaron

a little last minute, but anyone want to carpool from North Park? I've got a truck and can take another or if you can take me and my bike i'll split gas, otherwise I might just ride the 620 all the way out... might even go up through ocotillo off the 8, just have to get there uber early.

970-708-1990

Aaron

Its gonna be C-O-L-D at O'Dark thirty....take the truck regardless.....remember, Deb said "rolling at 9"

Aaron, id be up for a carpool. Im in north country though. Which way did you want to head out?

Hey husky, I'm meeting bill at the descanso exit, still gotta bundle up to get that far. See ya'll in the morn.

Chowing down at Kountry Kitchen in Ramona now.......missed Paul by minutes....see ya out there...