KLXBEN

Check out my boy's new ride

Well finally sold the KDX and decided on a Husky TE449 to replace it. He is 17yo with his full M1 and now has a brand new bike. He works very hard and even has his own scrap metal business so we decided he deserved it. But HE is the one paying for (I financed it) it and used his own money from Del Mar fair livestock auction for the down payment. We got a swinging deal at a dealer in Ontario. Here are a few pics from the first ride. -note bike would not idle worth a crap till we disconnected the charcoal canister and it has these two very confusing fuel valves that the book says must be all the open but fails to say which way to turn them. We thought they were open but kept running out of gas.I think we figured it out. And he cant seem to set it on MPH rather than KMH. . Neat little bike with all kinds of innovations.

post-13344-053839800 1345005529_thumb.jp

post-13344-097407300 1345005556_thumb.jp

Happy as a clam

We are trying to think of a good screen name so he can register and officially join the club. A lot of you have ridden with him already.

Congrats. Nice to hear of a young guy earning his way and putting it toward something he enjoys. Good stuff and nice bike.

Another young mind corrupted by the Gun Sight.

Make sure you/he checks in/signs up on Cafe Husky dot com there are lots of happy TE449/511 owners there with all the tricks and gadgets for the Swedish named/Italian built/German owned OEM machine.

Good for your son!!! It is true that hard work still pays off. You must be proud of him.

Ben, that's great...tell him congrats, and hope to see him out riding on it !

No pressure ehh Brad.... That's cool, good job young man.

Congrats to him.. :thumbsup_anim: ...don't think I've ever seen him smile like that!!! see him on the trail one of these days...

Isn't it great to ride with our kids?

(though my son's been working 2 jobs this summer, so no time to ride :( .....but, it's nice to see young people with a good work ethic.....(.from what I hear that is becoming more rare.....guess we taught them something right?)

Well finally sold the KDX and decided on a Husky TE449 to replace it. He is 17yo with his full M1 and now has a brand new bike.

Ben,

Is this your subtle hint that I need to find/solicite another riding group for 2013 Desert Dash??? There is no way I'll be able to be able to keep up with your groups pedigree's now!

Congrats on the new sled, many enjoyable times to be had...earned ownership is invaluable!!!

-Cousin Eddie

looks like a great bike..many adventures to be had

Thread Jack on...

Eddie where have you been?? What's up with the street ride?