Spaugh

socks and sandals

33 members have voted

1. 1. is it ok to wear sock with sandals?

• yes
    • no
    • only if you are over 50
    • only if you are married
    • only if you ride pinned in 5th once a month

does someone wearing socks and sandals offend you?

It depends on which kind of sandal.

Offend me? NO

Neither do crocs, dreds on white guys, pony-tails on otherwise bald guys, or other lame styles

Wait- are you talking about me?

It depends on which kind of sandal.

please elaborate.

my favorite way to do it is with thongs. ooooooh yaaaaa, I like the way the sock gets wadded between my toes. :baaasmiley:

offend?? naw...

i will say that while the look isn't the best, but function/fashion...it could be worse!

but, semantics and all...we talking flip flops or sandals?? japanese fighter pilot shoes, or huaraches?

B)...just trying to go visual on this rainy evening...for record, Flojos were GREAT socked up!

I was going to mention the cameltoe it makes but didnt know if it was appropriate. My sister cringes at the sight of socks and sandals but my dad does it all the time. But, only with wrap around type sandals. BTW why do you ask? Were you made fun of?

I think it is fine to wear socks with sandals as long as your socks match your pocket protector and the tape in the middle of your glasses.

I've worked for a couple of start-ups and without a doubt, socks and sandals are a-ok. You know what's not ok? The dudes who came to the meetings with their shoes off. Really? We're not supposed to be distracted by hobbit-like feet and fungus toenails while trying to make business decisions? And if that wasn't bad enough, some of them had to hike their feet onto their chairs and play with their toes. In general, I dislike social protocol (who are you to tell me I can't put my elbows on the table while I eat?) but Toes In Meetings...so so so wrong.

OK, I'll join this one.

Well...this might be a generation gap problem but my father would slap the hat off my head if walked in doors with a hat on. When I was in the Army even the Officer's Clubs had hat racks at the door. To this day it bugs the hell out of me to see someone wearing their baseball hat (usually backwards, what's the point of a bill?) at a dinner table in a restaurant.

haha,,, we had this discussion out at the river on the bikepacking trip. Although normally I wouldnt condone such attire, socks and flip flops were my choice for around camp. I couldnt find room in my gear for shoes however the flip flops pack nicely. I think I lost style points however I was able to break down the huge bush that was drug over to the fire with only minor injuries.

socksandflops.jpg

I voted "yes" but I have never done it... I do think it is worse with flip flops than the "over the foot" type of sandals

but I only EVER wear sandals when it is warm out

Tracy- I hear you about motto-packing... even tennis shoes take up a lot of room in a pack

haha,,, we had this discussion out at the river on the bikepacking trip. Although normally I wouldnt condone such attire, socks and flip flops were my choice for around camp. I couldnt find room in my gear for shoes however the flip flops pack nicely. I think I lost style points however I was able to break down the huge bush that was drug over to the fire with only minor injuries.

ya, thats my favorite style shown in that picture.

did kiwi wayne show you guys how to open a pop off bottle of beer with his eye socket? fun guy...

look even this guy does it.

steven-tyler%20aerosmith.jpg

and they have a whole website dedicated to it. apparently its a big deal.

http://www.sandalandsoxer.co.uk/home.htm

Date: January 19, 2008

Spaugh trademark: All-important post-ride feet airing

post-1009-018063800 1302286019_thumb.jpg

If you're wearing flip flops, why wear socks also ? Kinda defeats the point of wearing flip flops.

I guess it's OK if you're gay. :torch:

If you're wearing flip flops, why wear socks also ? Kinda defeats the point of wearing flip flops.

thanks randy!

haha, leave some more beer on your porch. :heh:

all the cooling affect of sandals with all the odor control of a sock.

Methinks a gay guy would be the last person on earth getting caught wearing socks with sandals. Now, if you meant "ghey"...

:P What surprises me about this poll is that only one person thinks it's ok to wear them if you're over 50 (yes, that was my vote).

That tells me we have a bunch of over-50 people here (or getting close)!!!

:heh::lol::ph34r::P

:P What surprises me about this poll is that only one person thinks it's ok to wear them if you're over 50 (yes, that was my vote).

That tells me we have a bunch of over-50 people here (or getting close)!!!

:heh::lol::ph34r::P

And they don't even have to match if you're over 50 :coolio::lol:

And they don't even have to match if you're over 50 :coolio::lol:

Wouldn't be able to see them over the beer belly anyway :heh::lol:

I cringe at that look for a guy or a girl.....but just an opinion of course....

Whatever works for others is their choice...I can say, at any age though, I probably would be prone to NOT take a second look at a guy wearing socks and sandals..

( I also don't care for the "go out in your sweats, curlers, etc etc look".........just my personal sense of style...to each his own......)

I cringe at that look for a guy or a girl.....but just an opinion of course....

Whatever works for others is their choice...I can say, at any age though, I probably would be prone to NOT take a second look at a guy wearing socks and sandals..

( I also don't care for the "go out in your sweats, curlers, etc etc look".........just my personal sense of style...to each his own......)

do NOT ever visit the Lakeside WalMart... if the sweatpants are unstained OR go all the way to their tube socks, they dressed up for the occasion

www.peopleofwalmart.com

I before I start getting hate mail for bagging on WalMart people, lakeside people, or those less fortunate than myself... I go there too; I just dress down so I can blend in

I before I start getting hate mail for bagging on WalMart people, lakeside people, or those less fortunate than myself... I go there too; I just dress down so I can blend in

Walmartshopper.jpg