kkug

SDAR Bikepackers To The River

More to come.

Thank heavens! This post was a real cliff hanger. :lol:

6 pages of "who's going riding" and a few pages of write up on the "bikepacker" meeting... if that's not enough suspense, right there?

Looking forward to the report

Just dropped off Baldbeemer & Cablejockey at the ranger station in Ocotillo. Snapped a few pics to get it started.

Cablejockey testing out his packed gear over a log in our yard.

bikepackingtotheriver003.jpg

Baldbeemer testing out his packed gear.

bikepackingtotheriver002.jpg

Cablejockey getting ready to go.

bikepackingtotheriver004.jpg

Bum all packed and ready to get the bike out of the truck.

bikepackingtotheriver005.jpg

Kkug giving some last minute instructions.

bikepackingtotheriver006.jpg

Baldbeemer ready to roll.

bikepackingtotheriver007.jpg

Group photo.

bikepackingtotheriver009.jpg

And they're off!!

bikepackingtotheriver012.jpg

Cell is spotty.all is well after a nite around camp fire.some cooked steak,potatoes,corn,drank,weather,is clear,trophy went home,we miss him,I changed a flat,used xrbum,s crutch,a life saver.some are still snoring and farting yet.

Later from the river,Lug

some are still snoring and farting yet.

See....now there's another reason I'm not fond of group camping. <_<

Why? cause everyone would know that you snore and fart too? :lol:

No, but if I did, or talk in my sleep, there would be somebody who would report about it on a forum. :coolio:

Actually, I am a pretty light sleeper, so all that...erm...noise would probably keep me awake. <_<

No, but if I did, or talk in my sleep, there would be somebody who would report about it on a forum. :coolio:

Actually, I am a pretty light sleeper, so all that...erm...noise would probably keep me awake. <_<

Don"t ever try to camp in the same state as zoot then. I think i still have the ringing in my ears...................... :lol:

Great group & ride lead. Thx to Mistress for being the on call rescue. Truck to OW, ride 132 miles, crash hard, ride 7 more of dirt, gas up 10 minutes from camp, slab back to the truck in howling desert winds with my left shoulder to waist yelling at me with my bell still partially rung.. Load up, truck home. 18 hours door to door. Good times.

Guest Crusty

Glad you got home safely, Ken

Hope you feel better soon.

Craig.

Great group & ride lead. Thx to Mistress for being the on call rescue. Truck to OW, ride 132 miles, crash hard, ride 7 more of dirt, gas up 10 minutes from camp, slab back to the truck in howling desert winds with my left shoulder to waist yelling at me with my bell still partially rung.. Load up, truck home. 18 hours door to door. Good times.

Ken

Nice to have an excellent group like this behind you when you need help isnt it?

Kris

TH glad you made it back safe. I cut my trip short as well. My wife arranged for a sitter and had tickets to a concert tonight. Did not want to mess up her evening. Just getting back now so seems I made the right choice.

Old beach guy and myself slabbed it back after we packed up this morning. It was a great ride. Now to top off a perfect weekend riding with a concert. :D

I will post pictures later.

Nice to have an excellent group like this behind you isnt it?

yup. had offers to ride back with me, etc. Good group.

Sorry to hear that your adventure got cut short, TH. Glad that it wasn't any worse than that, and that you were able to make it back under your own power. But how did you happen to crash? :ph34r:

Great ride with good people. Ken did a super job of putting this ride together, he even showed us how to change a tire while in camp. Glad to hear that Trophy Hunter made it home safe. Had a good time saw some interesting sights. Thanks to everyone, had to leave early with XR650 Bum, plumbing problems at home.

Ron

post-14394-084852900 1301280125_thumb.jp

post-14394-031820900 1301280158_thumb.jp

Sorry to hear that your adventure got cut short, TH. Glad that it wasn't any worse than that, and that you were able to make it back under your own power. But how did you happen to crash? :ph34r:

After 132 miles of about 80% dirt, I misjudged the depth of the sand in a dry riverbed crossing going about 40. I plowed the front end and tried my best to pull it out but gravity took over.

kkug organized a great ride. Can't wait 'til I see the camp pics cuz it sounded good on the phone during my "check in" call with BB.

What a great ride. Everybody was a happy camper. Everyone had a lot of stuff on their bikes. But most of it was used one way or the other. I think every one figured out what works and what does not so next time the packing will so smother.Everyone spent a lot of time prepacking and test riding so every thing went well. Great weather ,a bit windy by the river ,but we found a little cove and the wind was blocked. Ton,s of firewood ,no other campers around , very secluded,good times .Good Mex meal in Mecca on the way back to OW. Aprox 310 miles for the pickup guys.??for the guys that rode in.

Pic,s later

Thanks to KKUG for setting up a great ride and getting us Bikepacking Noobs ready to go. I'm looking forward to doing this again. Maybe the mountains next time.

Did not take enough photo's but here is what I have. Sorry for the time stamp. I was riding down the freeway trying to get the camera to work with one hand.

Heading down the road

100_0803.jpg

KKug leading

100_0805.jpg

Tlking

100_0804.jpg

Trophyhunter

100_0807.jpg

Rest stop. I think at the start of Bradshaw trail.

100_0808.jpg

Made it to the river

100_0809.jpg

100_0810.jpg

At the campsite. I dont know what happened to Cablejockey here.

100_0811.jpg

Ken fixing the flat

100_0812.jpg

Again, it was a great ride. Thanks for Ken for leading. Cant wait to do this type of adventure again.