All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Wierdrider

4 -7 day tripping

Looks like a wonderful trip, kudos to you Udo😉
  3. Bagstr

.....x

Thanks for the comments. Back at the Outpost after half a day riding out the Transfer/Trailhead north of Mancos ( pronounced Mancus for you out of towners). Colorado intense Blue punctuated with White to gray clouds. You know the shocking Colorado Thing. Thirty-Nine mile Aspen Loop; 9-11k ft of 75% 50" trials in Aspen and fir; to finish up three days of exploring the basics of what the Dolores District has to offer. A Great Deal, in my opinion. Timing is everything and Fakename Bowers and I Hit It big time, green. green, green. Early flowers, the whole deal. This is the Dolores District of the San Juan National Forest west of Durango and east of Monticello, Utah. 85f in Dolores, 65-70f at elevation. Most of the Interweb Talk is about the passes, but Many places in Colorado offer outstanding out of the box experiences. This is one of them. Siting here at the Outpost in my impromptu patio, I see the traffic headed to Telluride. Good luck finding a room and local content. But it is what people have heard about. Keep driving, nothing to see here. Fakename Bowers has been a terrific riding buddy on this trip. We both wanted to have a whatever exploration with no preconceived expectations. We lucked out with our guesses on trails. Willow Divide up the West Dolores River drainage, Haycamp Mesa and the Aspen Loop.out of Mancos drainage. As much as I could have hoped for. PMB was ready for the unknown to un-fold. The un-known was fabulous. Major Thank You to PMB for investing the time and $$ to make it happen. Also; Not bad having a professional photographer along on the trail. I am humbled. I will put up my record as time allows. "Plenty of Gas and Lots of Time" Outstanding, Bagstr 🏔️🌲
  4. From the Jarvis school (and straight from trials) . I see so many folks and even accomplished riders hop and unload the rear in sticky,hang up situations. This causes rut digging and wheel spin with zero forward motion, or gets you moving forward but with great effort from the bike and rider. For example watch Graham, he is the king of rear wheel loading to get power to the ground to propel himself forward (and straight up as well)with minimal effort. Its rare to see him without at least one foot pushing down into his foot peg. Play with it its all about timing, clutch control and rear wheel loading, easy to practice the timing of it on small stuff even relatively flat surfaces. It also works great for down hill drop offs to get your front up and the rear within the envelope of control. Works on all bike sizes and types going up and going down hill.
  5. robertaccio

SDAR Club meeting - WED 7-17-19

aiming for it
  6. erik_26

I am pretty confident that I will not be making it. Sorry guys.
  7. tntmo

Yeah, the old faces are getting....old!
  8. KTMrad

2 more days....hope to see some new faces !
  9. Riggerdan

.....x

From my perspective looks like you guys are having an amazing time...
  10. Riggerdan

2019 500 EXC-F Jamulian Edition

Kug Does a bear poop in the woods...... As per usual nothing but first class treatment from Suspension 101 I let him twist my arm this time and go "All In" it feels pretty awesome, just the little bit I got on it
  11. Crawdaddy

Sweetness
  12. Crawdaddy

.....x

Bravo!
  13. HacksawPete

I'll be there too. Sounds like a good meeting.
  14. Mr.JAJA

4 -7 day tripping

A, I can post pictures. Thank's ZUBB. Just made it back home today with 42 miles shy of 2500 miles. Rode from Lake Isabella down the Bodfish canjon to Calient, had breakfast in Keene in a 100 year old road cafe. Than country road to Wildwood, Big Bear and Home. Some picture have to come from the Phone later. First night" Open Slab Hotel" As you know I like Pirate Camping, it just get harder and harder to find save spots here. Cold and fogy on the HYW1, The way down to the one lane bridge was a steep grave switchback road and I hoped that I would not to have to go back up with the street tires. Construction on the 36 forced me to a 2 hour stop.
  15. Bagstr

.....x

Working Title - Plenty of gas: Lots of time Busy Mapping,,, I will get back to you. Three days of experiencing the new. We were extremely lucky to hit the 8-11k zone two weeks after it was un- ridable from mud etc. From my perspective this was a major mind game filtering a vast array of possibilities. PMB and I have had the same mind-set and the result has been outstanding. Bagstr P.S. Great Mexican Dinner here in the Dolores District of the San Juan National Forest.
  16. And she has this little Gremling remover gingell bell already installed.
  17. Yesterday
  18. The Skyway is everything you’ld expect given its fame. I in fact expected a real sh*t-show on the road that day given it was the 4th of July. Instead I think the sports car and bike count was actually low for the season. I rode as fast or slow as I wanted with no traffic to speak of. I’d already decided to ride this bucket list road in sight seeing mode. No sense tempting fate on a new bike, on a holiday, on the other end of the country from home. So I came around the corner and holy smokes, there is a God and he loves me! Here’s a tire shop, they are open on the 4th, and they will stop everything and put new shoes on the beast! Bonus..... burgers and chips and lots of great stories while I’m waiting! I need this machine in my garage. And then... down the road to find Deals gap somewhere in this mess of spaghetti called a map
  19. SoCalMule

I just love your new bike! Kudos! I enjoy the GT Fatty up front at 12psi it's pretty glued to the Earth! Great job Dan! Looking forward to seeing the back of your bike on the trail!
  20. Darren: " u topped off rotella esta manaña si?"
  21. kkug

Did you visit George yet ! ???
  22. Riggerdan

As you can see, its been a bit of a tradition - 5 years ago
  23. Riggerdan

Yeah subtle hints of the darker plastics has a little PMB-ish vibe, along with the (back) Golden Tyre sitting on the bench - first time with the GT...not sure about up front yet ?? Thanks amigo, the last 6 months of work have been pretty grueling....piecing this together has been very therapeutic, can't believe it's July already Truth be told, the real commencement was the mandatory photoshoot with my biggest fan....
  1. Load more activity