piratemonkey

Sidi Adventure boots

With the prospect of having to wear one pair of boots for 30 days, I decided to try the Sidi Adventure boots. They're not designed for mx riding; more for true dualsport riding where both comfort and protection need to be addressed.

At first I was going to get the Sidi Crossfires because I tried Papa Alex's on and they were the most awesome feeling boots I'd ever tried on -- could it be that Russian sweat softens leather perfectly? :) Then I thought more about how the boots were going to be used and went for the Adventure boots (they're hinged like the Crossfires).

post-1009-050358400 1298927162_thumb.jpg

I tested them on a desert ride in the rain this weekend. In summary:

- They're waterproof. I even walked through a stream and there were no leak points.

- They're walkable. We hiked up some boulders and they were remarkably comfortable for the first time out.

- They're non-slip. I had fully expected a little slipping while going up the wet rocks but my feet stayed planted.

- They absorb vibration. My Husky shakes like a crack-fueled bellydancer desperate for tips, but the boot soaked up most of it so HA HA to you, you spiteful, craptacular bike.

- They actually look normal with regular pants on. You can wear them off the bike and not feel like Dr. Frankenstein's monster.

post-1009-005969100 1298927179_thumb.jpg

If you're looking for a dualsport boot, I can say that I'm pleased with this purchase. The only question mark at the moment is durability. I have Sidi road boots that have lasted a decade so unless the company has done a 180, I'm optimistic these won't decay at an unreasonable rate.

- They absorb vibration. My Husky shakes like a crack-fueled bellydancer desperate for tips,

heh.gif

I have the Sidi Disco Boots (Discovery) and love them.

Plus, I can wear them out while dancing at the Disco. :rolleyes:

I have the Sidi Disco Boots (Discovery) and love them.

Plus, I can wear them out while dancing at the Disco. :rolleyes:

Ahhhhhh boss. It's called The Club nowadays :lol:

"My Husky shakes like a crack-fueled bellydancer desperate for tips, but the boot soaked up most of it so HA HA to you, you spiteful, craptacular bike."

I love it.....yet another review by Zina "Hunter S. Thompson" Powers......

Those look like some really nice boots. I'm a big fan of my Sidi Canyon Gore-Tex boots.

Another downside to Sidi boots--the price! I love 'em, but DANG are they costly. What did those put you back? And did you buy them locally or online?

post-14554-063370500 1298936588_thumb.jp

"My Husky shakes like a crack-fueled bellydancer desperate for tips, but the boot soaked up most of it so HA HA to you, you spiteful, craptacular bike."

+1

I think we need to have Zina edit our ride reports. :rolleyes:

What did those put you back? And did you buy them locally or online?

I bought them at bikebandit.com for $346. They're $375 but if you're an AMA member you can get a 10% discount. And although BB is local, there was no sales tax (not sure if that's a temporary promo or what).

"On my tombstone they will carve, 'IT NEVER GOT FAST ENOUGH FOR ME.'"

Zina,

You wearing street pants on the 30 day ride?? Since you are taking the Husky, you must be planning to travel the Rough Way. I have the Canyons and they are fine for gravel roads but Not for serious Offroad. +3 on Sidi Quality.

Dave

Zina,

You wearing street pants on the 30 day ride?? Since you are taking the Husky, you must be planning to travel the Rough Way. I have the Canyons and they are fine for gravel roads but Not for serious Offroad. +3 on Sidi Quality.

Dave

Other than swapping out the chest protector for a reinforced cordura jacket, we'll be wearing our standard dirt gear.

We're doing the trip on 2002 DRZ400s. After having to tow start the Husky on the trail this weekend (did I mention you can even RUN behind a bike in these boots?), I feel vindicated in my distrust of the eccentric beast (not knocking all Huskys; my particular bike just happens to be the embodiment of the devil).

my particular bike just happens to be the embodiment of the devil).

Hmmmm, glad that I can't make the same claim. ^_^

my particular bike just happens to be the embodiment of the devil).

Hmmmm, glad that I can't make the same claim. ^_^

Cams and valves are the work of Satan

Zina,

are these the NEWEST version of the Adventure?

These?

Adv Rain Boots

Or these?

Adv Gor-tex Rain Boots

I'm needing new boots soon and have been looking at the SIDI Disco Rain Boots and the SIDI Adv Rain Boots (both versions). Just want to be sure they are waterproof. The Gor-tex version is twice the price!

Thanks,

S

And Zina, always like your outlook on things. Please continue to keep us happy.

edit:

Currently have SIDI Symptex Road and Gearne Explorer boots. Neither is 100% Rain Proof.

Zina,

are these the NEWEST version of the Adventure?

These?

Adv Rain Boots

Or these?

Adv Gor-tex Rain Boots

It's the non-Gortex one. I think the Gortex version is identical except that it's supposed to be more "breathable." Unless that Gortex comes with a built-in gold-flecked blow dryer, I think it can only do so much for the feet sweaters among us. Just avoid cotton socks and excessively spicy foods.

That expensive Gortex one made me a little paranoid as to the waterproofednessability of my "regular" boots, so I stood on the front lawn and blasted the hose at them for a minute. No water got in.

I had seen reviews that the boots squeak, but mine don't. Maybe it's a hit and miss thing. My Sidi Vertebrae street boots squeaked so loudly that it sounded like I was strangling songbirds. I actually grew to enjoy the sound. Interpret that as you will.

In another test, I wanted to see if the world's best pants -- the original Levi 501 straight cut jeans -- would fit over it. Hallelujah, it does! This means I can wear them to the schoolyard and play on the swing and no one will have the nerve to tell me and my Bad Ass feet to get off. And see how submissive the dog looks? He knows he's a moment away from being stomped flat by those same Bad Ass feet if he says a thing. These boots may very well have the power to restore world order.

post-1009-051741200 1299014406_thumb.jpg

And if I didn't mention it, the lug sole is the absolute bomb.

post-1009-091077200 1299014450_thumb.jpg

Since I don't always stay on my bike when I ride I've been diggin Lug Soles for years Zina.

Go for it!

post-6274-084151100 1299033195_thumb.jpg

These are SIDI boots by the way.

Since I don't always stay on my bike when I ride I've been diggin Lug Soles for years Zina.

These are SIDI boots by the way.

Sexy-Platform-Shoes-6223P-FC.jpg