bump... sounds like we have a few "probably" , a few "possibly" and a couple "definitely"

That's good enough for me... I'll see some of you out there!

I haven't ridden in a while, so forgive my pace :blush:

I am going to try to make it out too. If I can get a ride. I rode to work this morning and nearly turned into a popsicle. And like slut, it's been awhile since I have ridden as well. I have a Motorola radio, but no mic, I don't know if it would be compatible with your guys'? I know that it transmits up in the 151.000ish range. It's not a ham radio, should i even consider bringing it??

Some of us sent Matt off with a pre-deployment ride. This will be his "welcome back from deployment" ride. I'm in.

Bowers & Mayhem - my house 6:15 ish. I can take 3 bikes, equip and riders....unless you want to ride out too Pasta, then I'll break out the trailer.

I'd like confirmation by 10 AM Saturday so I can get everything set up. Mayhem - I have an extra headset and radio for you....remind me to bring the PTT.

I am 90% in and I purchased my own radio guys thanks for trying to help me with that. now I just have to leave the party early enough for me to get some sleep so I can go riding with you guys.

bikeslut,

thank you very much, you were very helpful on the radio information but you will not believe the setup I ended up with.

I am 90% in and I purchased my own radio guys thanks for trying to help me with that. now I just have to leave the party early enough for me to get some sleep so I can go riding with you guys.

bikeslut,

thank you very much, you were very helpful on the radio information but you will not believe the setup I ended up with.

cool! I got your PM but unable to call for a while... see you Sunday

Paul- take care... we'll try to carry on without you... I'm sure Randy will be an acceptable ride leader... lucid, trophy, pasta, driss, rex, et al, I hope to see you all out there

IN

excellent! Folks that have radios should bring them... we'll have a ride leader, and at least a couple of radios, which we'll position straget...stretag... with strategy, throughout the group.

typical group ride rules... don't ride faster than you are comfortable; I'd rather wait for YOU than a helicopter :blush: ... if somebody is riding up your pipe, let them pass; it's not a race, but people have their comfortable speed... stop at all intersections that aren't "straight through"... that includes Y's; once you get a wave from the guy behind you, feel free to take off (don't mistake a wave for a "help...don't leave me!")... it's the desert; bring some tools, some water, some calories, some tubes... don't pass the leader; kind of defeats the purpose of a leader... IF you get separated; stop... we'll find you... if we don't find you within the hour, damn! We'll keep looking until we do... we can exchange cell numbers at the trailhead...

looking forward to riding with you guys again, and for the first time guys too!

If we have too many folks we can split into two groups and I will lead one of them. I will have my radio with me.

I'll be there. I'll be driving myself out. Once I get the bike loaded once I'd rather not stop, unload and reload again.

I MAY be able to make it, if some other plans fall through AND I can find a way to transport the 990 out. The prospect of riding significant street miles in sub freezing temps isn't appealing, and while I am trying to work out a way to get my bike into my van, it isn't looking good right now. If someone has space coming from North County, let me know. seven 6 zero 2 one three 8 three four 4.

I'm OUT.........was out in the dez camping, went to start the 950 today and it wouldn't start. Ran the battery down, came home. I'll be checking it out tomorrow to see why it wouldn't start. I"m not heading back out there, since I just came back.....and I'm feeling a bit run down also, maybe getting sick.

Sorry, see you on the next one.

Be prepared for COLD out there......it will be in the 30's or low 40's at 8am....but riding should warm you up quickly.

IN.

If anybody sees this in time and has JB Weld or a quick dry epoxy around please bring it. A meaningless rivet on my exhaust can fell out and the fiberglass strands are sneaking out a little. I need only a dab to fill the hole. I will be in a red Tacoma with the technicolor DRZ (you'll know it when you see it).

We're at Stone Willy pizzahouse...not really that cold when we started; may 31!

But perfect conditions, and a good group of guys...V-dog, goofyfoot, sneeker, joliet, pastapilot, lucid and me...pinion, fish creek, diablo...full report later