Pinion Mountain Trailhead around 8 a.m. Ready to Ride....8:15

Street legal bikes only.

Intermediate rated ride.

if you guys come up to north ocotillo I should be out their. Hopefully on the 525 but will bring the plated bike also.

Maybe Pinion/Fish Creek then up Split Mountain an up/back Sandstone Canyon?

I'll be camped out at the "DIP" on the 2nd, and could link up with a ride.

.... I thought Sandstone Canyon had a closed area? (my future mother-in-law said some of that area is closed due to the earthquake?) ... I'm not very familiar with that area.

are you suggesting a route, or saying you're up for that? This kind of what I was looking for...

if you're "in", please post some details... I can get two other bikes out to the starting area, if anybody else wants "in"

are you suggesting a route, or saying you're up for that? This kind of what I was looking for...

if you're "in", please post some details... I can get two other bikes out to the starting area, if anybody else wants "in"

1. I am suggesting a route (that is plate-mandatory).

2. My attendance at the suggested ride is subject to many factors which are not under my direct control. I am, therefore, unable to make a commitment to said ride until the resolution of these factors.

3. My willingness and interest in said ride remains steadfast.

I will try and make it. There are a lot of variables, but I should know by mid week. Ken

I will be camping at Agua Caliente, so am in for this ride. It's just a few miles down the road for me.

I can lead to other areas on the way back, if necessary.

I'll be on the 950.

.... I thought Sandstone Canyon had a closed area? (my future mother-in-law said some of that area is closed due to the earthquake?) ... I'm not very familiar with that area.

Sandstone Canyon is not closed....there is earthquake damage (as well as many areas along Fish Creek, Arroyo Seco Del Diablo and many others)

The damage is passable to get to the end of the Canyon especially now that Jeeps have been trying to get through.

.....But I will be riding my 2009 KLX250S .....

I have riden this route on MY 09 KLX250s, (except sandstone canyon, which from hoss's video looks easier than most of that route)....So I would guess that Driss would be able to accomplish this with ease, if I did it....Have Fun Guys.

bump! Picked up the WR last night, so will be riding that instead of DRZ...Pinion Trailhead... exact route will depend on who shows up; this moisture we've been getting should make for a fun ride, though... bring a $10 spot for lunch, or pack what you'll need... hope to be on the way home before dark.

Sandstone Canyon is not closed....there is earthquake damage (as well as many areas along Fish Creek, Arroyo Seco Del Diablo and many others)

The damage is passable to get to the end of the Canyon especially now that Jeeps have been trying to get through.

Very good news... Gracias!

Everyone have a good ride!! I'll be camped out at Soops!

I still plan on attending this Sunday Ride. Will be camped at Agua Caliente Friday and Saturday nights with the Airheads Beemer Club for their annual Last Chance Rendezvous.

FYI, the Pinyon Trailhead is south of 78 a few miles, on the left heading south, just south of Stagecoach Trails RV Park.

Looks like I will see you guys at 8 :rolleyes: .

don't sound so happy about it :lol: ... too early?

all: still trying to arrange a carpool from East San Diego if anybody is interested

I'm interested. Can you pick me up?

Alpine, to PB, to AB, to PB, back to Alpine... seriously? :coolio:

Can you get to Alpine?

Looks like I will see you guys at 8 :rolleyes: .

don't sound so happy about it :lol: ... too early?

all: still trying to arrange a carpool from East San Diego if anybody is interested

8 is sweet, looking forward to it. I will be there a little early, cause I am a slow dresser. :D

good to know... I'll be there punctually, so I don't have to see you undressed...

Jon... Alpine is only 30 minutes away ... 10 minutes to load your bike in my truck, and we're on the way... maybe pmb would meet us there too. text me when we get closer

If anybody has an extra radio/set-up, it would be great if you could bring it; driss may want to hear paul's singing or my whining

I'm 90% in.. Was out there today with bagster and misfittoy and the conditions were perfect.