Beezzz

Slow Down to Ride Tomorrow

SLOW DOWN THREAD

Adrenalin Junkie's Lament:

"Slow Down to Ride Tomorrow!"

Some rider's need more motivation to slow down than others.

Post your reminders here. All types of motivation welcome.

1. donated by TrophyHunter 12-20-10:

Don't Drink and Drive in Britain

http://www.youtube.c...p?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8

2. Beezzz out in Beaver, Utah 10-2010. The event: on a smoothly graded, dry decomposed granite fire road, Beezzz was going too fast to make a 90 degree corner that had not enough traction in the corner to complete the turn. Here we are at the rescue site. Both guys lying down are waiting for the rescue truck, but only one can get up. After 4 days of wonderful, intense mountain riding with no falls, one simple easy turn took me out. There was a 12 week recovery.

Look at the size of those waterskis.

post-13277-026576900 1291926664_thumb.jp

It only takes 1 corner, 1 rock, 1 washout, 1 little anything to ruin a great day/week/month of riding. No one hurts themselves on purpose obviously, we just all need to ride at our own pace, be careful riding around/over things you can't see,=. Just remember, we're not getting paid to do this and most of us have to go to work on Monday.

Wish all of you a quick and efficient recovery and you're all back on your bikes soon! There's a long life ahead of us and so many places to see :)

May 2005, Bear Valley Road just north of the Long Valley Loop Road. Two idiots racing each other come around a blind turn on my side of the road and we hit head on. My KTM breaks in half and I launch over the top. Sprained wrist for me. Small puncture wound on the arm of the other guy.

This is taken from the line and direction they were heading. My KTM in the spot/position it fell to. :ph34r:

post-4114-040003700 1291930475_thumb.jpg

Two piece KTM. The only thing holding the two pieces together was the steel braided clutch line.

post-4114-043168600 1291930492_thumb.jpg

My recovery vehicle and team.

post-4114-076573700 1291930508_thumb.jpg

My kids once asked me a few years ago- How many more years are you going to be able to ride with us. That has always bugged me. I remember saying something smartass like I dont know but in a few years you guys are going to be buying your own bikes. I think they are taking better care of their bikes now.

Yup....after a nice straight away, smooth desert road...right?...

P8210096.jpg

then comes a quick off camber 90 degree turn.....OOPS...going tooo fast....slide out at 40 mph... spin around....knee beneath takes the force.....

torn ligaments, 8 weeks recovery...luckily no surgery.....sitll wearing brace to ride 4 months later..

P8210097.jpg

P8220117.jpg

Alas, why DSFOX generally rides cautiously...Just don't want to miss out on riding for months just to go a little faster....NOT worth it....

Be Safe and Ride ON>>>

I always seem to get hurt going slow or not even moving at all in some instances. I guess the only direction I could go from there to reduce injury would be to quit riding motorcycles. :(

I have only fallen once in the last few years. That was on the Xplane ride. I was at a standstill looking behind me talking to Blind on a steep slope. I lost my balance and fell over taking Blind with me. I think I put the first scratch on his new bike. :wacko:

Watch that oncoming traffic...They are trying to kill you!

635018120_cPWJa-L.jpg

Thanksgiving Sunday afternoon in Anza Borrego Desert State Park. Inexperience on the Drop by the Slot ended up with a broken or sprained hand/wrist (wrong line - was on the left)wacko.gif. Lesson: preview blind corner with long drop before attempting. Slow does not always mean instantaneous speed - it means patience to me.

post-14163-095120700 1291947005_thumb.jp

Thanksgiving Sunday afternoon in Anza Borrego Desert State Park. Inexperience on the Drop by the Slot ended up with a broken or sprained hand/wrist (wrong line - was on the left)wacko.gif. Lesson: preview blind corner with long drop before attempting. Slow does not always mean instantaneous speed - it means patience to me.

well spelled.....with one hand :lol:

well spelled.....with one hand :lol:

Spell check...ph34r.gif

Beezzz,

How is your recovery coming?

Just like my 50 year old gut, "I'm workin' on it."

There is soft tissue damage to both wrists from crushing and bending under of the hands during the impact of me going over the handle bars and pinning both hands under the handle bars with the pressure of the bike and myself as the bike rolled over end over end. Yet another interesting flight dismount. I rate it as a 7. Good form, but lack of creativity. The last three crashes over 3 years have involved air time and intimacy with my handle bars. Maybe I need flight school and lessons from Pasta Pilot. I'll need an airplane also.

You say there is counselling for this?

Don't say "slow down, that will be $75.00." I have heard that one at home. Wonderwoman is way ahead of you.

Adrenalin Junkie's Lament