It's alive......., but easy.

More for us city folk.

It a different angle of a very well known spot.

Can't say more. Didn't have time to get a "good" one.

Still Good luck.

IMAG0289.jpg

Right up the street, but it's always dark when I get home. Pure solitude! ;)

Looks like you took your bike to work .That and Cabrillo Point are the best views in San Diego.

Looks like you took your bike to work .That and Cabrillo Point are the best views in San Diego.

Unless its raining or super windy I take the bike to work. This morning I got to ride in some nice fog.

TAG

Wildlife Research Institute on Highland Valley Road

7088386181_3097689f07_b.jpg

Given that this Tag was centrally located and given with clues that would get you the result in about 10 minutes of research, and is over 6 weeks old, I wonder if there is enough interest in continuing. I think it is a cool game that motivates exploration in San Diego. Hopefully, we can generate some interest in picking it back up.

Working for a company headquartered in Cambridge, we get Patriot's Day (AKA Boston Marathon disruption day) off. Yesterday was a beautiful day for a ride.

Well post up a new tag when you get a chance. I was going to steal this tag because it was old but kept forgetting every time I was on the bike.

CiD

Given that this Tag was centrally located and given with clues that would get you the result in about 10 minutes of research, and is over 6 weeks old, I wonder if there is enough interest in continuing.

So sorry my tag was not challenging enough for you. I was in a hurry and knew I wouldn't have the time to get a really good tag any time soon so I posted up something close and easy. I honestly thought it would be the last tag and the game would die, which would have been fitting since I started the game. By all means post up a new and more interesting tag.

With the warmer temps coming I dont see the game dying. But I think we need to keep it off streets and highways and out of cities. We are all into dirt riding and the game should reflect that.

So sorry my tag was not challenging enough for you. I was in a hurry and knew I wouldn't have the time to get a really good tag any time soon so I posted up something close and easy. I honestly thought it would be the last tag and the game would die, which would have been fitting since I started the game. By all means post up a new and more interesting tag.

I am thinking I was misinterpreted...

This was a good tag. Good destination, clues provided would let you locate it without too much difficulty, learned a little bit more about the goings on in San Diego. Perfect for a 1-2 hour ride. With so much going for it, why did it take so long for someone to get it? (I have my excuses, and they are really good ones).

I would like to see the game picked back up, not just a procession of tags that expire due to a lack of interest. I was hoping to light a fire under some people.

Next TAG

6958156892_2ed7cea451_b.jpg

Clue:

Obviously, a dead end (shame). The lock says USFS on it.

Now, for some back story.

The extent of California history that most of us are taught is in 4th grade, where the establishment of the Missions and the attempt to convert the Native American populations is covered. The broader political/economic issues are ignored, probably for the benefit of fourth graders, but is pretty interesting. In an attempt to consolidate their control of California, Mexico gave away vast tracts of land to encourage settlement. If you live within 20 miles of the coast, you probably live on land that was once a Rancho. When the US took control of California, ownership of the Ranchos remained with the owner under Mexico. However, the documentation required to establish a Rancho was not very rigorous, the surveying not very stringent, etc. By the time most of the Rancho owners got this all straightened out, they had serious debts to their lawyers. Given the economics of the time, they were land rich, cash poor. In a shocking development, many of them ended up having to forfeit their Ranchos to pay their legal debts.

Back to the TAG

If you continued (could continue) down this road, you would end up on the last Rancho in California that is a single parcel of property and remaining in private hands (I believe much of Camp Pendleton was a Rancho, but doubt it would ever come up for sale). According to G-maps, this road (Truck Trail) shares its name with that Rancho.

Back in the early 70's I would ride thru the Rancho. We would always get chased buy guys in a truck but there was an orange grove at the eastern end of the ranch that backed up to what we considered open land. Rode up there last year and they have cameras and signs that say armed guards patrol and a very big gate. So being a little older and wiser I rode home.

CiD

With the warmer temps coming I dont see the game dying. But I think we need to keep it off streets and highways and out of cities. We are all into dirt riding and the game should reflect that.

Agree that most of us seem to prefer off road riding but this is SDAR "Dualsport" riding. I don't see any problem with an occasional urban Tag.

Agree that most of us seem to prefer off road riding but this is SDAR "Dualsport" riding. I don't see any problem with an occasional urban Tag.

While I agree with Zenosan, we are not ALL agreed to having only dirt only tags. Occasionally one just needs an excuse to get out of the house for a quick ride. Sometimes it's not possible to to travel two hours to pick up a tag in a reasonalble ammout ot time. And it's nice to drop the tag off in different parts to the county so that others may play along. One reason I personally like the game is the history behind some of the tags. The last tag being a good example. Ride, clear the head, learn or see something new and have some fun while doing it......

Doesn't matter to me if the tags are dirt or street. It's the Misstress's game; she makes the rules. :coolio:

Hopefully more interest will pickup as we all enjoy our fine So Call weather.

On with the game!

Spyder

Reviewing the map, the road name is slightly ambiguous, in that it seems to apply to a collection of roads. I have seen this before, in other rural areas. Does anyone know if this is accurate, or just a shortcoming of Google Maps? Here is an example on the Carrizo Plain.

I am going to say that the clues are still sufficient, but I already know where this is. Let me know if you need another hint. Or PM me.

I saw two bikes heading the opposite way on pamo rd....

Just in case they were O-raming, post your "evidence" by 9pm

Otherwise I will.... Smartphones can make it unfair...

IMAG0518.jpg

IMAG0519.jpg

I guess, they weren't one of us ...

Phew, ...

Guten TAG:

IMAG0515.jpg

IMAG0514.jpg

-it says guejito truck trail...

After throwing my bike over the gate..

- - Not.

IMAG0517.jpg

My guests won't lemme post my new tag..

Happy 5th , pendejos.. I believe that means friends....

Gotta go...

Next :

IMAG0525.jpg

stupid finger in picture, sorry.

IMAG0526.jpg

IMAG0527.jpg

Hints:

Near roads and lake that sounds like a french or military head covering.

Hwy in the pic is the most southern one....

Ps: went out yesterday after realizing the tag I was going to post 2 days ago...

-well, I forgot where I found it ... Gps tracker was off... D'ouh.

Si, senior .

I used to wear it. And I'm not French.

Good hunting.

Oooh... I know where this is. When I was a kid we used to tube down that flue.(sp?)