I reserved five 120' X 55' pull through spots so we can have a "SDAR group area" (five spots will accomodate 10 R.V.'s/Toyboxes).......all the Kabins are currently open.....they sleep 4 or 6 (I think they're the same price so you might as well go big).......I forgot the 14-16th was Presidents day weekend so some of you may want to stay Sunday night as well......I'd like too but doubt I'll be able to do so.......

Please call in ASAP and be sure to give them the SDAR Reservation number: 6879.000

http://glamisnorthkoa.com/

**** R E S E R V A T I O N . C O N F I R M A T I O N ****

GLAMIS NORTH

10595 Hot Mineral Spa Rd.

Niland CA 92257

800-562-7554

CRAWFORD/CHRIS

Reservation Number: 6879.000Full hookup/pullthru

Arrive: 1/14/11 Fri | Depart: 1/16/11 Sun

Welcome to Glamis North KOA!!

If you're here, you're ready for fun- where action, luxury "Kamping" and relaxation converge at California's destination ATV/RV park.

Ride your ATV straight from your site to the trails! Explore at your own pace and be surprised to discover the Bat Caves with interesting cracks and crevices to peer in and around, or the wondrous pinnacles that suddenly appear in the middle of the desert, or the miner's cabin, or the nearby Oasis complete with unusual growth patterns of wild palms & warm pools complete with little blue fish!

Enjoy the comfort of dining in our restaurant, "Sassy's Outback Cafe" Currently operating Friday/Saturday/Sunday or by pre-arrangements for

larger groups.The menu includes natural beef hamburgers, steaks, our special "Chicken Javier", along with other tasty selections. Occasionally we offer chef's specials. Wine, ice-cold beer and beverages are also on the menu. FREE all-you-can eat Pancakes! (with purchase of Drink)

Bring your confirmation to take advantage of this offer every morning at Sassy's.

"Kabins" require that you bring your own bedding, linens and towels. Included in the Kabins: bathroom, A/C and heat, TV, microwave, fridge, and coffee pot.

After a day or riding, relax by the pool or in one of the hot mineral spas and enjoy our beautiful sunsets and starry sky. Please note: If you are dusty from riding, please shower before entering the pool area. No pets and no glass allowed in the pool area.

If you have any special needs or requests, such as traveling with someone you wish to park close to, please give us as much advance notice as possible and we'll do our best to accommodate you. For consecutive weekends, you may leave your RV hooked up for only $1 per day when unoccupied during the week days, while you return home.

Large and small rec rooms are available - call in advance for reservations. Cold beer, wine, ice cream and ice are available in the office as well as firewood (fire rings at all sites), a small selection of last-minute grocery needs and lots of gift ideas.

THANKS FOR YOUR RESERVATION

P.S. FREE PANCAKES!! with the Purchase of a Beverage During Breakfast Hours

8a.m. till 11a.m.

EXTRA BONUS!

Please keep checking your email for a free night bonus. Follow Us on FACEBOOK and on Twitter for Special Deals and Updates! Share

your Photos and Stories!!

NO street plate required (in most areas)......some fun/easy trails.....full hook-ups/pool/spa for those with R.V./Toybox......small cabins available for rent too

FYI, it’s really not that close to Glamis......it’s out in BFE ~35 miles north of Westmoreland on the east side of the Salton Sea.

Go to DualSportMoto.com to see and/or download a .gpx file/map of local trails that I created/posted: http://www.dualsportmoto.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=921#p921

Here are a couple of links to trip reports/photos from previous trips last year:

My daughter Caitlynn in action on the Red Canyon Trail last year:

Picture042.jpg

I've been wanting to check that place out. I'll try and make it whenever you decide. My friends have been there and say its GREAT!

I have been wanting to check this place out also.

This weekend I am in Glamis.

Weekend after that I will be in Yuma for a baseball tournament for my Oldest boy Conner, its a showcase team. His batting coach is Damion Jackson- X-pro and Conner just got a scholarship with Cal- State Panthers.YEA.

Day after Christmas we will be back in Glamis thru the New Year. After all that I am open.

I'd be in...I vote for JAN 14-16....was great fun last time...

(mom flies in the following week, and planning on Death Valley the end of January...) Keep us informed..

Chris,

I'm up for Jan.....still have the walking boot on my ankle. :angry2:

Sounds good to me......

I have a call into Cal at the KOA regarding JAN 14-16 (looking to get a group site......)

I'll post up again once I hear back from him......

Sounds good to me......

I have a call into Cal at the KOA regarding JAN 14-16 (looking to get a group site......)

I'll post up again once I hear back from him......

Ok, it's a go.......updated first post.........please call and reserve your space (10 spots currently available.......they *may* be able to add more if needed.......holiday weekend so many spots are already booked)

....they sleep 4 or 6 (I think they're the same price so you might as well go big)......

Kabins are about $130 a night and sites are about $60 a night. Of course, the price per person goes down with multiple occupancy...

....they sleep 4 or 6 (I think they're the same price so you might as well go big)......

Kabins are about $130 a night and sites are about $60 a night. Of course, the price per person goes down with multiple occupancy...

Less with a KOA card i think. I am looking into the cabin as well if we don't have a trailer by then.

I went to the site, and either I'm a complete idiot (possible) or it's not real easy to just see the layout, the cabins, etc.

I wanted to see about getting a cabin that weekend...do I just need to email them?

call 'em.....the cabins work very well for 2-4 folks.

I'll be at a wedding on the 15th....:angry:

IN

Thru Monday :D

Had a great time last year.

And Sassy's has very, VERY cold beer.

S

I went to the site, and either I'm a complete idiot (possible) or it's not real easy to just see the layout, the cabins, etc.

I wanted to see about getting a cabin that weekend...do I just need to email them?

Roger, I scanned this. Pay no attention to the black pen drawn on it. That was where we stayed last year. Most of us were scattered throughout the whole park actually. Chris was in the Snob Hill section, pink. Jeff and a few others were in the Pool Sites, yellow. My family was down near the Golf Course, green. We liked it there... Kabins are along the North road in blue.

Chris, where are the sites you reserved?

S

1121413221_KMF5F-XL.jpg

I have no idea......I didn't even ask......I just flipped them the clout (credit card) :lol:

I told them I wanted a "Group Site" so we weren't scattered all over again.....so it should be the spaces on either side of whatever site they assigned you this time......I think they have us on the Golf Course road near the childrens track.....they assign spaces as folks call in......4 reservations so far which leaves 6 open spots.......we may need more than 10 sites and it would be nice to keep'em together....so please call in soon if you're "in".......and remember, "If you're not in.......you're OUT" :o:lol::D

I think they have us on the Golf Course road near the childrens track.....they assign spaces as folks call in......4 reservations so far which leaves 6 open spots.......we may need more than 10 sites and it would be nice to keep'em together....so please call in soon if you're "in".......and remember, "If you're not in.......you're OUT" :o:lol::D

We are in the Golf Course sites. Kewl!

Bring your old club or two.

S

AWESOME.....The cabins were too nice last year, (and my motorhome is getting too old for longer trips) so I booked a cabin for 6.......was also REALLY nice when it rained last year....Plenty of Room so I'd like to split costs for the cabin, so PM me if you're interested.....

I'm in too, reserved with the Crawdaddy group, at site 97A. The group is a few in that area...

I'll be there with a group of 5 or 6, we are doing our KOA to Parker ride that weekend so we won't actually be around much.We already reserved some non-hookup tent sites just to park our trucks there. Looking forward to meeting some of you...

My family is "IN." Just FYI, I took the last of the reserved 5. Yeah, I'm "that guy." :P

My family is "IN." Just FYI, I took the last of the reserved 5. Yeah, I'm "that guy." :P

I'll call them and see if they can reserve some more spaces in the same area.....

Few pics from last year, including the cabins for those interested: It was Alot of Fun...can't wait to explore the rest !

canyon off bradshaw trail

P3060171.jpg

bat caves area near salton sea

P3060188.jpg

P3060192.jpg

the OASIS

P3060199.jpg

THE CABINS (this was the sleeps 4 version)

P3070201.jpg

P3070204.jpg

P3070205.jpg

P3070203.jpg

I'll call them and see if they can reserve some more spaces in the same area.....

We have NOT booked up all the reserved sites at the KOA......weve only booked half of them......95A, 97 A, 99 A, 101 A, 103A......each of the sites has an adjoining B site (so the Toyboxes and/or R.V.s face one another).......if someone in an A site has another SDAR member book the B site you both get ~20% off the site fee......this was a strategy to keep us close and reduce the cost.....

Im in 95A......Slowdown is booking 95 "B"

Dave (TSR) is in 97A

Lane (Lane Ramsey O.C. Dualie V.P.) is in 99A

Ted (Zoot) is in 101A

Spyder? is in 103A

My Family is "IN" also and we booked 101B

Look forward to seeing some new trails, and soaking da' hot tub.

Cheers, Steve :D

post-2007-051368300 1292714289_thumb.jpg

My Family is "IN" also and we booked 101B

Look forward to seeing some new trails, and soaking da' hot tub.

Cheers, Steve :D

Sweet - See ya there........

Bat Caves........

Picture072.jpg

In. I just made reservations and they said I was the 8th under that code (leaving two more).

I didn't ask for a spot number - I suppose I'll figure that out when I check in.

I'm off Monday (MLK Day), so I made reservations - checking in Friday and out on Monday. I figured why drive the 3 plus hours each way for only a day and a half of riding?